Jamfest 2019 August 9-12, Cornwall, VT

VTgreen81

A whole lot of really good friends making really bad music, eating really good food and drinking even better beer. ( I'm a Chef, my son is a Brewer). If there's anyone still here that used to go to these things, it's moved around, it has petered out. But now it's time to peter back in.

I am debating how much crap I wanna bring this year....
ya think three heads, two cabs will work??
Should I bring my quad 12 cab? and how are we with the stage mic count?
I have a bunch of 20" XLR cables....and at least three good power strips for AC power, How many power cords should I bring? so many things...... only so much time....
we will have more room, so??? fill it up I say....
S

I've got pa and monitors covered. Drums of course. Probably keys, just need Morgan to bring them back in time. I've got mic stands, but not much of anything for vocal mics or cables.

will just bring the bag of mic cables, have to mark them with tape so I can claim them at the end....
Do we have any other needs ??
Should I still bring the extra tent and bag for any stragglers who show up ??
S

Anyone who lives within 300 miles of this event.... should really show up for at least one day..... it is three days of visiting, Jamming, campfire to sit around, more jamming, absolutely wonderful food and drink, great company, and plenty of time to just chill with friends...., and more jamming,....
Free Travis picking lessons, and other finger picking styles to share... lots of knowledge to pass on.... and who knows who might show up ????? This is the third year in the current location, and about the 12th year of jamfest.... come on now, lets see if we can make it over 50 people this year...... we had about thirty attendees so far.....
S

Jerry's Nephew Jim, Charva's friend John, Larry's bringing a friend who plays keys, maybe a few locals you haven't met yet.

some shots of the fest in progress....

Attachments

• DSC07971.JPG
    DSC07971.JPG
    7.5 MB · Views: 62
  • DSC07979.JPG
    DSC07979.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 42
  • DSC07986.JPG
    DSC07986.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 44
  • DSC07995.JPG
    DSC07995.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 37
  • DSC08022.JPG
    DSC08022.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 47
  • DSC08023.JPG
    DSC08023.JPG
    6.6 MB · Views: 37
Here is a Go Pro video of me havin some fun !!!!
The tube head is from a kit I built.....
ENJOY !!!! and hope to see you at next years fest,.... extra tents and sleeping bags, and plenty of food and drink !!!!!
Video is HERE YouTube
S

Just an added note, I was the first up so this is kind of a sound check....
It was early on Friday, so not too many people yet.....
We ended up with about 30 folks over the three days again this year.
We tweaked it a bit after some other mics got involved.....
Still it all sounded pretty good for a bunch of people who get together once a year.....
we will be making improvements as we can....
S

Last edited:
Here is another Vid from the fest.....

YouTube

So how bout a few comments from the peanut gallery ??? !!!
The whole thing is meant to be a fun thing, meeting other members, jamming,
Breaking bread together, sharing stories, and drink, the son of the host is a brewer, and provided some really great suds.....
The host is a certified CHEF, and it goes without saying the food was all wonderful...!!!
all we need now is to fill the field with members and friends who want to enjoy a nice weekend in Vermont. B&Bs avail, as well as camping and we do have extra tents and bags for those who want to travel light....
Just plan on it for next year, and get here,.... you will be welcomed and provided for.
See you next year !!!!
S

Last edited:
OK I re-sized the photos, lets try it again...

Attachments

• DSC07955.jpg
    DSC07955.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
  • DSC07971.jpg
    DSC07971.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 25
  • DSC07979.jpg
    DSC07979.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 25
  • DSC07986.jpg
    DSC07986.jpg