its 2019..March 1 already! whats your HR goals?

CoolCat

man..... Jan and Feb gone already, March is here.

Whats the plan for your HR gear and rooms and business?

my top:

1) get the pc fan noise resolved
2) sell crap laying around on CL
3) fix the room/closet up better acoustically

Im doing good on gear, this year Im going to try to focus from NOT buying and comparing gear and focus on the room acoustics some more. I think the Goal can be quantified by being able to record a good acoustic guitar track aka LDC and SDC.

Top musical goal this month is to record my band. It's like herding squirrels with those guys.

I so hate setting goals...but damn into the 3rd month and not a single finished recording in 2019 the year of the Pig! oink oink!

OK by end of month at least 2 @ 40+ year old originals are getting tracked and put out publicly...Damn you and your evil goals!

My goal is replacing my hard drive in my iMac and PC workstations with solid state drives tomorrow and setting up network storage on ubuntu server!

Be nicer to people. I know, it's a simple, humble goal, maybe even seems unrelated to recording....but it is.
Bass players tend to respond better when you don't punch them. :D

My goal is to build a new studio desk. The one I made has served me well for quite a few years, but I decided I could create a more effective layout.

My second goal is to make the leap to W10. Believe it or not, I am still on XP. I've been on XP for years, and I've got a stable and dependable sytem, and have accumulated a vast collection of plugins, and the thought of recreating all of that in W10 fills me with the cold terrors.

We have to do goal setting at work. Hate it. Let me do my job and pay me.

Not a goal, just a wish - learn to play the cheap Chinese fiddle I got from shopgoodwill.com. Actually used it on a song I was tracking over the weekend.

Be nicer to people. I know, it's a simple, humble goal, maybe even seems unrelated to recording....but it is.
Bass players tend to respond better when you don't punch them. :D
Well, most bass players, anyway. I had last week off the day job so i got a lot done(relatively speaking). New strings on one bass, update a bunch of software, mixed several songs, added a solid state pcie drive to my desktop PC, added an additional guitar hanger to the wall. Unfortunately, the weather didn't cooperate so i didn't get any of my planned yard work done though. I would like to get a new batter head for my snare put on and tuned also. There is always something.

We have to do goal setting at work. Hate it. Let me do my job and pay me.

:D

Oh how much I always hated that nonsense...and the group "kumbaya" meetings where we have to "share" with everyone and all that idiocy.
I would always blow those off, and get away with it...because I could use some "IT issue/crises" excuse, and no one questioned it. :p

On the HR planning...
I've had a substantial life event recently that indirectly, will potentially usher in some major HR changes for me, for the better.
I will have more definitive plans hopefully in the coming weeks, but the possibility of a more serious studio expansion may come to fruition.
I really just have to decide on what/where etc...but there are going to be changes for sure.
This would be my final studio overhaul, one that I've thought about for a long time, so the goal has been there for quite awhile, but now the "clouds" have parted and I can see my way clear to fulfilling it.

FINISHING this #$%@%@ album!

Thwarted by snow last week--was going to visit my friend in Iowa who was going to track all the sax parts. No dice. Lost a week by attending a conference. Getting back on the horse tomorrow!

:D

Oh how much I always hated that nonsense...and the group "kumbaya" meetings where we have to "share" with everyone and all that idiocy.
I would always blow those off, and get away with it...because I could use some "IT issue/crises" excuse, and no one questioned it. :p

On the HR planning...
I've had a substantial life event recently that indirectly, will potentially usher in some major HR changes for me, for the better.
I will have more definitive plans hopefully in the coming weeks, but the possibility of a more serious studio expansion may come to fruition.
I really just have to decide on what/where etc...but there are going to be changes for sure.
This would be my final studio overhaul, one that I've thought about for a long time, so the goal has been there for quite awhile, but now the "clouds" have parted and I can see my way clear to fulfilling it.

Big win on the tables at Vegas? Do tell...;)

FINISHING this #$%@%@ album!

Thwarted by snow last week--was going to visit my friend in Iowa who was going to track all the sax parts. No dice. Lost a week by attending a conference. Getting back on the horse tomorrow!

Now so far most goals on this page has been about fucking around with equipment, with the honourable exception of Chili who's recording his band, or trying to, and TAE who's going to record some tunes he wrote when he was three.;)

You, however, are recording an album, and as someone who's been down this path more than once before, I can only say godspeed and good luck.

I have just recently broken out of a 7 year no-songwriting rut, and my goal (starting small) is to commit to writing a song a month for 2019 - in other words, have at least 12 songs written by Dec 31. I'm already a couple of months behind, so I will put time aside to do this.

Now so far most goals on this page has been about fucking around with equipment, with the honourable exception of Chili who's recording his band, or trying to, and TAE who's going to record some tunes he wrote when he was three.;)

You, however, are recording an album, and as someone who's been down this path more than once before, I can only say godspeed and good luck.

Thank you, my friend. Definitely a huge learning process. If I can get everything from my collaborators tracked, I can get this sucker done by the end of spring!

Actually get around to some tracking and mixing in order to force myself to start to better understand the DAW (Reaper).

I am a HUGE procrastinator.

Back