An Interesting and Informative Discussion

I KNOW! I'm going to Disneyland tonight with my cousins and wife and stepdaughter. Annual trip. That's safe, yeah?

I'm glad someone got my Spartacus reference.

I was totally going to respond in the thread that was neither informative nor interesting but I ran out of time. At least now I KNOW there's zero chance of this one being closed because it is both. And a high level of each.

I KNOW! I'm going to Disneyland tonight with my cousins and wife and stepdaughter. Annual trip. That's safe, yeah?

Just wanted to update you guys. The wife's friend's cat got hit by a car and now they are both sad and the wife is trying to bail out on me. My argument for her to go is that it's the happiest place on earth and it'll make her feel better. What are your thought's on that?

The title was "interesting and informative".

You haven't quite managed either.

I may be approaching this wrong. What do you find interesting apart from home recording. I've been going at this off topic forum from my perspective instead of what you enjoy and I accept full responsibility for that. Sorry.

Kind of hard to keep it interesting when there's no one else here to join in. Which I also accept full responsibility for.

I just have one question for you ez. Actually two. Do you actually record music yourself?

I looked through a couple years of your posts, and you seem only to banter about other things than recording. So I wonder if you are just wanting to be here just to bullshit (which is cool) or be a part of the recording aspect of the site. I am not sure I ever heard you give advice to another member or hear something you have recorded. You might be the most amazing player or at least one to help others. But I do not see it.

Or you are just here to banter with musicians or...

???

You are smart enough to know what this forum if for. It is in the title...

I do not have a problem with you other than the wondering of why you are here?

Ok, that would be three questions...

Funny, I've found this discussion to be both interesting and informative. Enlightening, even. To each his own, I guess.

I just have one question for you ez......

Ok, that would be three questions...

Awesome. Yes. Thank you for also contributing to this thread. May I address this point by point? I hope that's ok.

Do you actually record music yourself

I do, and thank you for asking.

I looked through a couple years of your posts, and you seem only to banter about other things than recording.
Yeah, I can see where you might be confused by that and that's on me. Honestly, between 2002 and 2009, there was a flurry of VERY useful members on the board. I mean, literally ANYTHING you needed help with there was someone on here that could either help you get your rig set up, tones dialed in, mix tips, ANYTHING. The record deals and years of touring helped me with playing but as far as home recording went, I knew nothing. But the guys that were here during the formative years of 2000-2009 REALLY knew their shit. After that, I pretty much had my rig dialed in and was confident enough in my abilities to where the people that were still here and the new people that joined after that didn't really improve my performance, recordings, or mixes. But yeah, before that I couldn't have done what I do without some of the guys that used to be here that aren't anymore.

I am not sure I ever heard you give advice to another member or hear something you have recorded.

Well, like I said before, and I know this is redundant, but by about 2009 there wasn't much left to say or post musically, but the friendships that were made during the first 10 years of the board were strong. I don't think it was actually the things that were posted on the forum. It was more of the friendships that were forged during the real world meetings, with the Jamfests, the Westfests, the so cal contingent mixed with the entire western half of the country that really sealed the deal. BIG TIME. And that's not to say my brothers from the East Coast and the UK don't mean as much to me because they do.

Or you are just here to banter with musicians or...

???

No, not necessarily. The friends that I made before 2009 are still technically musicians but I figured since we met here and the site is free in most instances this is a good place to chat.

You are smart enough to know what this forum if for. It is in the title...

Awwwe. Thank you. That's probably the sweetest thing you've ever said to me. For the record I think you're pretty smart, too.

I do not have a problem with you other than the wondering of why you are here?
AWESOME! See, I knew that this kind of thread would be the door and window that allowed us to REALLY get to know each other, AND make the kind of thread that Gekko finds both interesting AND informative.

And since you don't have a problem with me or why I am here, I am SUPER relieved to know that after all these many many many years contributing here I can still come say hello to the friends I made between 2002 and 2009. Those guys are THE BEST! And I mean that. Keep up the good work! And thank you for allowing me to contribute as much as I do.

Depends :rolleyes: How old is the stepdaughter? Come to think of it how old is the wife? :eek::facepalm::facepalm:

Alan.
Sheesh. That seems like it would be mildly offensive to some people moderating this forum. But 27 and 52 since you asked. I don't want to throw the flow off from the thread. Just trying to do my part and not get in trouble.

I looked through a couple years of your posts, and you seem only to banter about other things than recording.

If you want I can get active in the "on topic" forums and tell people the SM-57 is a workhorse or there's too much reverb on the vocals in their mix. Or you can't go wrong with a Strat even if you can only afford a Squier right now.

Back