The Illegal Immigrant song Funny Stuff

TAE

All you have is now
Not wanting to get into a splitting hairs debate over the wall thing but this is damn funny....

:laughings:

That was hilarious...and well done.
My favorite was the "Illegals Crossing" caution sign at around 0:56. :p

IllegalsCrossing.JPG

AFA getting Mexico to pay for the wall...I think they ARE paying for it by having all those caravans coming through, sucking up their limited resources.
Mexico would probably be happy to see a wall across the entire USA/Mexico border...which would discourage all these people from camping out in border cities, and they would then look for other alternatives...like maybe legal ones....just sayin'. ;)

For the record...I have nothing against immigrants. I am one.
My family (Mom, Dad, Sis and I ) emigrated to the USA back in the '60s. We were actually looking for political asylum from the former Yugoslavia, which at the time was a more strict communist country, and my Dad being a high-school principal, and my Mom a teacher, they were under scrutiny for what was said and taught. My Dad was outspoken about the conditions under the current political atmosphere...so it became clear that leaving the country might be a good idea.
We left with just a couple of suitcases, and everything else stayed behind.
We spent over a year in an emigration camp in Italy waiting for our paperwork to be done and acceptance to come through...that was the norm for everyone there...but being a complete family, we got out faster than some others and became USA citizens eventually.
So yeah...the USA is a great destination for many...just do it legally, and then embrace the USA as your new home.

Last edited:
:laughings:

That was hilarious...and well done.
My favorite was the "Illegals Crossing" caution sign at around 0:56. :p

View attachment 103937
We left with just a couple of suitcases, and everything else stayed behind.
We spent over a year in an emigration camp in Italy waiting for our paperwork to be done and acceptance to come through...that was the norm for everyone there...but being a complete family, we got out faster than some others and became USA citizens eventually.
So yeah...the USA is a great destination for many...just do it legally, and then embrace the USA as your new home.

Awesome Story Miro!...Had no idea......THANK YOU for sharing a true LEGAL immigration story...most of us Mericans lucky enough to be born in this amazing country lack the perspective or appreciation for what America is that you have..What's really sad is many of us are only a few generations shy of being an immigrant ourselves but the fear and suffering our forefathers endured is lost and apathy and entitlement seems to take it's place.

I worked in a U.S. based company that was owned by an Indian couple who immigrated here in the late 70's with @ $50 in their pockets...They assimilated , became American citizens and today @ 40 years have a company that broke the Billion dollar mark in 2018...We still are the land of opportunity if you just realize how awesome this country is... In that company a good 50% or more of the employees are Indians working on H1 visas...had no idea how hard it was for them to get a green card of become a citizen and how badly they wanted it.. learned a lot about immigration while I worked there, a lot more to it than most people realize. Kudo's to your parents man! It's exactly people like them that are what truly made and still make America the amazing land of opportunity it is!

Kudo's to your parents man! It's exactly people like them that are what truly made and still make America the amazing land of opportunity it is!

Like I said...my father was a high-school principal and my mother a teacher.
When we came to the USA, my old man worked as a janitor the first year, and yeah, he cleaned toilets...and in the winter he went out to shovel snow for people to make a few extra bucks. Then both of my parents worked for about another year or so in a ham packing plant, for Plumrose Products...but by the 3rd-4th year, they owned a restaurant, something my father always enjoyed, since his father was a restaurateur back in the old country before he died.

From there my parents stayed in that line of business right up into their '70s. There were some lean years, and a couple of his establishments didn't do as well...so during those in-between years he worked for someone else, doing some other jobs, but for the most part, he liked the idea of owning his own food service business, and not having to work for anyone.
My parents thought about getting back into education...but language was an issue in the beginning...and TBH, they would have had to be recertified in the USA as though they never were teachers before...so that wasn't a good path, and frankly, I think we did better as a family with the food service biz, but you're talking 14-16 hour days, and at times 7 days per week...but that's how it is when it's your own business.
Learning from that...my sister and I both worked all kinds of jobs in our younger days...there was none of this "entitlement" BS. She went on to become a lawyer, while I took a bit more time to settle into one thing, but eventually did. None of us ever had anything handed on a plate...it was always about working for it.

So yeah, America is the land of opportunity, and yes, there is a way to do it legally, you just have to be willing to put in the time and effort.

just do it legally,

Agreed, but not so easy even when it should be. My wife is an immigrant. (Damn, 20 yrs this Friday - will have to celebrate) She was here on a student visa when we met. After getting married, it still took about 5 yrs to get her green card. It was ridiculous. During her process period, she wasn't allowed to leave the country without special permission, which in itself took forever to get. We finally had to call our congressman and ask him to intervene with immigration to get it done. Turns out, that is the first step in escalation. After that, it took only 3 yrs for her to get her citizenship. That part was actually very cool.

I always say if the people trying to get into this country illegally would put half that effort back into their own country, they wouldn't want to come here in the first place.

And yeah, TAE's video was pretty funny, though I only watched about half. Pretty much got the gist at that point. :D

.I always say if the people trying to get into this country illegally would put half that effort back into their own country, they wouldn't want to come here in the first place.

It's a hard road for immigrants, and to go legal it's a process, no doubt, but I think much of that has to do with the sheer number of people looking to legally emigrate into the USA.
I'm sure when you look at some other countries...getting in legally and getting citizenship is probably easier and faster, but then it's probably because there isn't a big demand to get into those countries. I have no idea how long it takes in other countries.

I've witnessed the process many times over, friends of relatives, etc...who want to come to the USA. My family has helped a good number with everything from a place to stay for awhile, to providing help with the process, and even funding to cover the legal fees, etc...so again, doing it legally is not easy, but it's the right way to go if you really want to be part of the USA, and you're not just coming here to make some money to send back to some other country ever embracing and assimilate into American society.
Even people from my old country who just come here and live in a social vacuum irritate me with their lack of desire to fully embrace the USA...and instead they try to live like they are still in the old country, while happily sucking up resources here. It's one thing to hold onto your ethnicity and your traditions, but some immigrants will out-and-out show hate for the USA...all the while they are living her and enjoying the benefits that they never had in their old country.

My family immigrated in 1965 when I was 9. (Legally) I got my now-wife into the country 19 years ago, quite an involved and expensive process. THis country was built by immigrants (as the indigents were pushed out and slaughtered).

Video was funny. Brought back memories of the Phil Collins 80s song.
"It's no fun being an illegal alien"
The video for that was funny too.
:D

I forgot about that odd song. Phil Collins in his mega-stardom fame era....how strange in hindsight and peculiar dude for pop music mega-fame? He wasn't a typical looking physical dude and he was odd, but he had the blow up era of the 80's drum sound and his billboard hits and 80's clothes.

Like when Rush cut their hair and tried a rap song...odd stuff...cringe worthy....

Its no fun, being an illgal aliii un....omg?:confused:

Back