If you could see one deceased artist or band who would you choose to see?

If I were to see them mop top, I'd pick the Hollywood Bowl 1964 or 1965

A high school buddy of mine's Dad was a Brinks driver... He drove them to and from that gig..damn that was a crazy day in LA...I LOVE THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL BTW!

A high school buddy of mine's Dad was a Brinks driver... He drove them to and from that gig..damn that was a crazy day in LA...I LOVE THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL BTW!

That's wild, man. Now I know somebody who knows somebody who... ;)

For me it would be Zappa. He's the one I regret not going to see more often. Queen would be a close second but went to more of their shows.

That's wild, man. Now I know somebody who knows somebody who... ;)

No dude you now know somebody who knows several somebody's that know somebody...

I am just a few handshakes away from a few past U.S. presidents, Michael Dell, Drew Barrymore, Mr. Ed ;), Marilyn Monroe, Ronald Reagan, Steven Spielberg, Mac Bugsby and the KGB :eek:...OK I lied about Mac Bugsby and the KGB...but my cousin did work for the IRS :eek:

For me it would be Zappa. He's the one I regret not going to see more often. Queen would be a close second but went to more of their shows.

I only got to see Frank once live...it was in the late 70's when he was showcasing Steve Vai...it did not disappoint. Got to see Zappa plays Zappa at the house of (packed like sardines) blues..I think max capacity was a few hundred and it was max...ugh but REALLY awesome seeing Dweezil and friends kill Zappa songs. I really regret never seeing Queen, I just didn't get them, him until it was too late even though I liked their music.

Tough question. Too many good performers that are no longer with us. Elvis, The Doors, Billy Fury, Buddy Holly top my list for more classic era rock n roll. I would have to put more thought into artists from other genres.

I only got to see Frank once live...it was in the late 70's when he was showcasing Steve Vai...it did not disappoint. Got to see Zappa plays Zappa at the house of (packed like sardines) blues..I think max capacity was a few hundred and it was max...ugh but REALLY awesome seeing Dweezil and friends kill Zappa songs. I really regret never seeing Queen, I just didn't get them, him until it was too late even though I liked their music.

84 & 88 Orpheum Theater Boston. In the late 70's it was difficult to get someone else to go see Zappa among my friends never mind girlfriends. Some other venues like Pawtucket RI but that seemed so far away at the time. 88 Stairway to Heaven with a big horn section playing the leads & Signature Whipping Post in the encore.

Might be a 3 way tie. Of, course, I would have loved to see the Beatles, but I really would rather have hung out with them in the studio during the White Album days. But that would almost be like being at a historic event, rather than enjoying the show. Really would have lvoed being at Woodstock, but only if things went well. I could see that easily being a miserable experience.

Hendrix, of course.

But probably I'd go with seeing the Allman Brothers at the Fillmore with Duane.

Back