If you could see one deceased artist or band who would you choose to see?

TAE

All you have is now
Torn between Thelonius Monk, Bethoven.....or Hendrix with the original experience

There are lots I wish I had seen, but my #1 regret is never seeing Hendrix. I've listened to him since Purple Haze came out. The 45 is still in the pile, although it hasn't been played in over 40 years.

So a concert with Hendrix, Bowie and Freddie would probably be pretty cool,,,but who opens and who closes? Decisons decisions.....

So a concert with Hendrix, Bowie and Freddie would probably be pretty cool,,,but who opens and who closes? Decisons decisions.....

Dunno if Bowie would be there with Freddie. I don't think he liked competition. He was supposed to have thrown a wobbly over 'Under Pressure'. Besides I always thought the Ziggy sound was all down to Mick Ronson?

If the Beatles count given two of them are dead, I’d choose them for sure.

Interesting I considered an evening with the Beatles...but then the question is...which time period..the Mop tops or the Hippie version or somewhere in between?

If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band, band, band

Jimmy gave us rainbows
And Janis took a piece of our hearts
And Otis brought us all to the dock of a bay
Sing a song to light my fire
Remember Jim that way
They've all found another place
Another place to play

Remember bad bad Leroy Brown
Hey Jimmy touched us with that song
Time won't change a friend we came to know
And Bobby gave us Mack the Knife
Well look out, he's back in town
They'll all be there together
When they meet in one big show

There's a spotlight waiting
No matter who you are
Cause everybody's got a song to sing
Everyone's a star
(Everybody's got to be a star)

[sniffle...]

Lyrics for Rock And Roll Heaven by The Righteous Brothers - Songfacts

Reactions: TAE
I'd like to go back and see friends (I knew them, they might not have known me) on the local scene in Saint Louis who have died. The 90's were great times.

Reactions: TAE
Interesting I considered an evening with the Beatles...but then the question is...which time period..the Mop tops or the Hippie version or somewhere in between?

Hmmmm...probably mop top.....but hey...like I'd debate about seeing them in any other era. Any concert from any time would be great.

Mick

Back