If there is an afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
What will you do for an eternity after your mortal life ends?

Wouldn't it get pretty boring, hanging around on a cloud for time without end?

Would you need to take up new hobbies?

Would you go around haunting people?

Eternity is a really long, stinkin' time! :eek:

Cheers! :)

I gotta stop watching those ghost documentaries on the Discovery Channel. :o

One of the 613 Jewish laws is not to try to communicate with the dead.

I think that's a pretty good law.

I always thought of it this way: there is either life after death or not. You can make mistake believing either one. The point is which mistake would be worse than the other? If you believe that there is life after death, but really there none, then oh well. If you make mistake the other way around, then you burn in hell for eternities to come!!! :eek:

Just my two kopeks...

I always thought of it this way: there is either life after death or not. You can make mistake believing either one. The point is which mistake would be worse than the other? If you believe that there is life after death, but really there none, then oh well. If you make mistake the other way around, then you burn in hell for eternities to come!!! :eek:

Just my two kopeks...

The technical term of that idea is called "Paschal's Wager": why not make a safe bet and believe in God just in case?

My take: if you don't really know, then ask God. If He doesn't tell you, then He doesn't think it's all that important whether you believe in an afterlife or not.

God never told me, so I don't really care.

But in answer to the original question, I can tell you that if there is an afterlife, I'll be spending the majority of eternity catching up on some much needed sleep.

What will you do for an eternity after your mortal life ends?

Wouldn't it get pretty boring, hanging around on a cloud for time without end?

Would you need to take up new hobbies?

Would you go around haunting people?

Eternity is a really long, stinkin' time! :eek:

Well, you don't get tired and you feel no pain, so that opens up some possibilities. Just think, a permanent vacation with all creation as your playground.

You know what they say when you’re having fun… Eternity will go by in no time. :D

Well, you don't get tired and you feel no pain, so that opens up some possibilities. Just think, a permanent vacation with all creation as your playground.

You know what they say when you’re having fun… Eternity will go by in no time. :D

If you're nervous system is defective and you feel no pain and no gain, you probably cant see or hear.. In fact you are probably just a colorless see-through blob of nothingness floating through absolutely nothing. Well, hopefully enjoying yourself cuz you probably be floating like that forever...

:D

If you're nervous system is defective and you feel no pain and no gain, you probably cant see or hear.. In fact you are probably just a colorless see-through blob of nothingness floating through absolutely nothing. Well, hopefully enjoying yourself cuz you probably be floating like that forever...

:D

You'd definitely be able to see and hear, based on all the documented ghost stories out there. Ghosts go around haunting people and places and communicate by taking possession of people's bodies and can even manipulate physical objects like throwing books off shelves or knocking pictures off walls, opening and closing windows and doors...it's all pretty freaky when you stop and think about it!

You'd definitely be able to see and hear, based on all the documented ghost stories out there. Ghosts go around haunting people and places and communicate by taking possession of people's bodies and can even manipulate physical objects like throwing books off shelves or knocking pictures off walls, opening and closing windows and doors...it's all pretty freaky when you stop and think about it!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Of course there is life after death! Either through decomposition or rapid oxidation, something will use your former chemistry to promote their continued existence. :D

Me and Satan are gonna pound some brewskis next eternity. Anyone wanna come along? We'll need a designated driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back