I went to church last night....

wow, true E. you impress, keep up the good work. How much fun: Leather, Church. They needed you to be there.
I'm not sure if this is intended sarcasm or otherwise...so, I suppose no other reply to it is necessary.

EDIT...Sorry Thurgood. It is wrong of me to jump to conclusions, of what you intended or not.

Last edited:
Damn, if this is a repost sorry. no offense to Tru E. I jsut thought the leather/church thing was interesting. No hard feelings here and all apologies.

No harm Thurgood!! :):):)

After rereading, it is quite amusing really. I wonder who would have NOT been drop jawed, if they had even an inkling to some of the things that had gone thru my mind earlier that day...the sad thing is, they would have all rallied round to save me...laying hands on me, praying, asking the demons to be bound/cast out and for me to see the wrong of my ways. What they don't see is, there are no demons to be bound or cast out...only letting go of silly nitpicking. I am much more concerned with the way I treat the clerk at the store on a bad day, than if my apparel measures up to others standards....more concerned with compassion I show the broken, than whether I thought about having sex that day....and...if I wanna drink a glass of wine or buy a powerball, I am not demon possessed..not falling to the wayside...just drinking a glass of wine and buying a powerball. I like leather better than lace too!!;)

Glad to see you have a good sense of humour Thurgood!!!:)

Leather good. Jsut like the finish on a fine instrument. Soothing. No sexual innuendo transmitted. And thanks for the kind comment about my sense of humor; pretty dry for the most part. hey thats half the fun. Gonna grab a strat and crank up the marshall (empty house). here is the smiley :):)

Yah..those Strats and leather are a real turn on...how can a Strat or leather NOT have sexual innuendo all over em?...:eek::D

A dry sense of humour is a good thing too! Have fun with that axe !

www.ucc.org :)

I'm a deacon and a choir member at a Congregational UCC.

A lot of the churches in the denomination are VERY open, something like a Unitarian Church, only we're Trinitarian. The main defining aspect of the theology is reading scripture with both reverence AND modern interperetation.

My particular church is probably among the more conservative UCC's in the country, but that's b/c it was founded in 1639 by some Puritains. Both our head and our assoc. pastors are Yale Divinity grads.

Obama's former church, Trinity, is UCC.

I personally think that the bonds of family and friends at church are more important than theology and preaching, but your local UCC is worth a visit if you don't really have strong ties to your current church at this time.

Heck, we even put bikers on our ads and posters!

Back