I was a teenage gang member

TAE

All you have is now
Yep...I was part of the Coolfield gang :eek:

See back in the olden days not all gangs were bad gangs.....remember the saying the gangs all here?

There was about 10 to 15 of us off and on and we'd all meet at the corner of Coolfield under the street light almost every night and BS till we had to go home..A nice ethnically diverse group of whites, Mexicans and a Japanese kid.......sometimes we'd get into some mischief...play some football, wrestle , ditchem...of course there was the hierarchy and our leader "Big Eddy" was also considered the BMOC..Big, strong, brilliant, funny and a boat load of trouble n game playing...lost his virginity at 12...he was already 6'1" :wtf:

It wasn't all play nice though...if you messed with one of us you messed with all of us...
Once one of our group was at a party and got sucker punched by this guy who was part of "the Hards" ya know Bomber jackets, white T-shirts..pointy black shoes...smoked Marlboro's hung out at the bad boys head that no normal kids could safely go to....Came and told us about what happened and Ed said oh hell no.... We knew the park where he hung out with his group and Ed wrote the script for how Ronny was going to return the favor.... We all walked up the next day at the park and ol Ronny snuck up from behind this bad ass who had sucker punched him ...tapped him on the shoulder per script and ....Ka-Blam! Let him have one in the chops....wrestled him down to the ground and gave him a good ass whoopin while all his friends just stood there going Holy Shit! They all knew it would be all bad if they intervened with Big Ed saying let them do their thing..

Weird being a teenager and all that angst and bullshit you have to go through just to become an adult....

One of the kids who was a bit younger that lived in the neighborhood passed away from a brain tumor a few weeks ago .....A real nice classy kid and I'm going to his funeral tomorrow..Got to reminiscing of those salad days ....and the coolfield gang.....

Just wondering if any of ya's grew up being part of a group like that....It was a small 5 year window of time from @ 12 to 17 but certainly was a fun and many times painful time of life.. chicks, booze, pot, broken hearts, betrayal Oy!

I was one of the bad kids from the wrong side of town who was a regular in the "bad boys" head but was never a "joiner". One of my oldest friends is across the country but we still keep in touch after 40 or so years. He did time in a youth rehab place for GTA. Lot's of my other friends didn't make it past high school and I honestly never thought I'd live past the millenia. I would have taken better care of myself!

I wanted to be part of gangs as a kid but I was more of a lone operator when it came to naughty stuff.....

I grew up as an apprentice to a monk in Tibet. Never had a chance for ganglife, let alone mischievous behavior.?

I grew up as an apprentice to a monk in Tibet. Never had a chance for gang life, let alone mischievous behavior.?

:laughings: Ah weed hopper you must learn a lie is a lie no matter where it lies. My most common lie is saying what number I am lying on the green :o

See back in the olden days not all gangs were bad gangs.....remember the saying the gangs all here?

There was about 10 to 15 of us off and on and we'd all meet at the corner of Coolfield under the street light almost every night and BS till we had to go home..A nice ethnically diverse group of whites, Mexicans and a Japanese kid.......sometimes we'd get into some mischief...play some football, wrestle , ditchem...of course there was the hierarchy and our leader "Big Eddy" was also considered the BMOC..Big, strong, brilliant, funny and a boat load of trouble n game playing...lost his virginity at 12...he was already 6'1" :wtf:

It wasn't all play nice though...if you messed with one of us you messed with all of us...
Once one of our group was at a party and got sucker punched by this guy who was part of "the Hards" ya know Bomber jackets, white T-shirts..pointy black shoes...smoked Marlboro's hung out at the bad boys head that no normal kids could safely go to....Came and told us about what happened and Ed said oh hell no.... We knew the park where he hung out with his group and Ed wrote the script for how Ronny was going to return the favor.... We all walked up the next day at the park and ol Ronny snuck up from behind this bad ass who had sucker punched him ...tapped him on the shoulder per script and ....Ka-Blam! Let him have one in the chops....wrestled him down to the ground and gave him a good ass whoopin while all his friends just stood there going Holy Shit! They all knew it would be all bad if they intervened with Big Ed saying let them do their thing..

Weird being a teenager and all that angst and bullshit you have to go through just to become an adult....

One of the kids who was a bit younger that lived in the neighborhood passed away from a brain tumor a few weeks ago .....A real nice classy kid and I'm going to his funeral tomorrow..Got to reminiscing of those salad days ....and the coolfield gang.....

Just wondering if any of ya's grew up being part of a group like that....It was a small 5 year window of time from @ 12 to 17 but certainly was a fun and many times painful time of life.. chicks, booze, pot, broken hearts, betrayal Oy!
TAE, I love your story. It's a combination of "The Goonies" and "Stand By Me".

No gangs in our neighborhood. Plus if I had tried to get in trouble, my dad would have tanned my hide.
Heck, I once got in trouble for having a slingshot!

So you were apprentice to the Monk gang... got it!

No gang, just one monk. After he taught me all he knew, he planned to pass on to ‘monkville’
( his name for heaven ) and I’d be left with the donkey.

When he passed I sold the donkey and moved to the USA. There I discovered this modern western contraption called TV, and to my delight a show called the Monkees. Get it? Monk, Monkees?? It was meant to be, a sign.

I now found my calling in music.
:)

A THUG huh.

Sorry about the friend. That sucks. Karen's mom was just put in a hospice. But, she had 84+ good solid years.

I was never part of any kind of gang. When I was 16 I went to see Led Zeppelin and if I wasn't going to a concert, I was with my girl friend in the seediest motel or in the back seat of her car.

I've devoted my life to 3 things Music is #1 (concerts, listening, then playing and recording) #2 is sex. #3 is beer.

If I dropped dead tomorrow, I could say I had a great life. I did it all with very little money.

Back