Home Recording

It's totally the shoes! Gotta find me a pair of those quick! Man that is a beautiful piece of Beatle history...I didn't listen to the whole thing kind of skipped through but will give the whole thing a listen at some point...This was the Silver Beatles.

Towards the end a very rough version of I'll follow the sun and followed by one I never heard called Hello Little Girl...

I've been experimenting with the Girl from Ipanema and the lyrics sure run in that same vein / story line.....In one of my experiments figuring out how I am going to present the song in the section where it goes ....when she passes, each one she passes goes ah...I changed it in some parts to mmmmm instead of ah....which led me to catch the similarity of the two songs story... mmmmmm she's purdy!

"Hello Little Girl"

Hello little girl
Hello little girl
Hello little girl

When I see you everyday
I say, "Mm mm hello little girl"
When you're passing on your way
I say, "Mm mm hello little girl"
When I see you passing by
I cry, "Mm mm hello little girl"
When I try to catch your eye
I cry, "Mm mm hello little girl"

I send you flowers but you don't care
You never seem to see me standing there
I often wonder what you're thinking of
I hope it's me and love love love

So I hope there'll come a day
When you'll say, "Mm you're my little girl"

It's not the first time that it's happened to me,
It's been a long lonely time
And it's funny funny to see that I'm about to lose my mind mind mind

So I hope there'll come a day
When you say, "Mm mm
You're my little girl, mm mm mm
You're my little girl, mm mm mm"
You're my little girl, oh yeah
You're my little girl

Do do do do do

Those old recordings are really fun to hear.

Listening to old amateur recordings like this just makes me appreciate how really GREAT home recording people have it today. Its like the difference between watching an old 8mm filmstrip vs today's 4K video cameras. Truly remarkable.

Back