Hey Mods

We have so many deer here in Wisconsin they walk down city streets, The roadsides are littered with deer that have been hit by cars. If it weren't for hunting they might outnumber humans.

We keep chickens and the foxes take an increasing number of them these days. Their population has increased massively and it's not just the numbers. They are becoming increasingly brave. I see them out doors in the day time right where the chicken run is just waiting, they have learned to open the wheelie bins and regularly turn em out. I'm all for live and let live and not in favour of animal suffering for no reason but here in Hertfordshire there is no cull because the farming is pretty much arable...

I dont think fox hunting kept the numbers down...theyre lucky to kill one or two a week, and that depends if your area even has a hunt.

We had loads of city foxes when I lived in Finchley, my neighbour fed them dogfood sandwiches

I dont think fox hunting kept the numbers down...theyre lucky to kill one or two a week, and that depends if your area even has a hunt.

We had loads of city foxes when I lived in Finchley, my neighbour fed them dogfood sandwiches

The hunt drives the skulk from the land and disrupts their forrage pattern.. In modern times it has been done largely for sport but it definitely keeps the fox population more timid. It moves them on effectively. Dog packs are lazy and will always look for the biggest reward with the lowest risk.

i stand corrected

I'm not in favour of fox hunts. I think it's barbaric but I do want to see them (he fox populatio) controlled. Round here right now they are culling badgers for fun cos one cow got TB (maybe from a badger, maybe not) and the foxes are running riot. Fucking stoopid. Their are only a handful of dairy herds n the whole county.

Back