Here's something I can agree with Biden about.

Just my ramblings.

Thanks for listening.

The bantering that is happening this year is no more or no less than any year previous just different topics and this year we have two VERY HOT topics Trump and Covid.

Truth is... through out life I have come to find that many people I thought we were on the same page as I about most things...when the shit hits the fan and what they think is black I think is white all bets are off on that topic and for me. I may or may not state my argument and if we still disagree so be it...we agree to disagree and that's the end of it...life goes on and just because I am passionate about my opinion on whatever that hot topic is it doesn't mean I have to win every argument or change every persons mind that disagrees with me.

That person, whomever it is has a lot more to them than their opinion on a particular topic. I'm not going to lose a friend, acquaintance or good resource over a difference of opinion on who the best presidential candidate is or if Elvis is really dead.

I've posted a lot of what I felt was valid real world information on the Covid thing and got both support and rations of shit for whatever I posted..

Onward and upward...too many good peeps here to piss it away or blow it off over a difference of opinions.

I’ve got the impression it was much much more brutal in the days of the cave.

And you would be sooooooo right! Turd gurgling, choad fellating really really hard core red ass, butt hurting stuff...:laughings:

Some of the shit storms were of epic proportions way beyond anything I have seen posted in several years...It was loose and pretty much unmoderated, every man ..or woman.. for themselves and no holds were barred.

Last edited:
247,000 Americans are dead (and they're not all Trump's fault.
If not all of those deaths are Trump's fault, the question begs, "Who else do you have in mind as being responsible for the deaths of nearly a quarter million people in the U.S.? China? Members of Congress (Republican and Democrat) who continually prove that they NEVER work together on behalf of the American people? Facebook? Twitter? Google? Yahoo?
It is fact that Covid 19 originated in China. Whether or not if XI purposely allowed the virus to spread globally is anyone's guess, but it wouldn't the first time that China has been willing to sacrifice perhaps millions of its own people to achieve a goal in its attempt to conquer an enemy.
It's also a fact that Americans have allowed themselves to divided to the extent that being conquered will prove to be an easy task.

IMO, we would all do well to remember that when Covid hit the U.S. it was during "Spring Break". There were plenty of videos demonstrating it that college aged kids were dismissing Covid as if it is no worse than the common cold. "We're here to party. If I catch the bug, so what." was the common consensus amongst Spring Break partiers. I wonder how many of them lost a parent or a grandparent to Covid.

IBB, I appreciate it that you recognize that Trump isn't solely responsible for deaths of 247,000 people.

Irrespective of any vaccines that will be forthcoming, before or after Biden takes office, the death toll will increase. Hopefully not.

I also hope that if or when the Biden administration lays blame on Trump for subsequent deaths, you will cry foul.

Yeah...normally I'd agree about haters just needing to hate...but this site is very unique in terms of human behavior...and shows us something VERY interesting.

For the many years I've been on this site...I've had so many great conversations about music and technology and instruments and...well you know....all the stuff that falls into home recording. It's been awesome. Never much of a problem with opinions and points of view on all that. Then...2020 comes along and well...holy moly...we began to "see" and "learn" too much about who each of us is....personally. Too bad really. It was so much more fun when we were all about the reason this site became so popular to begin with. Sites die when they become personal. Now you could say...hey no one's been personal here...or condescending. Uh huh...right. Or you could say....hey if you don't like it....go elsewhere. Bingo!

So...my point is...that politics and religion truly are killers of places like this. Essentially...we hate to find out that people who we looked forward to listening to and talking to each day about our COMMON passion...turn out to be people we couldn't really be friends with. Too bad. That's not to say that our friends have to agree with us...it just means that they can't take it to hate or ridicule. No one wants a friend like that. It's all about the disappointment of finding out the guy you thought so much of....well...you get it.

Recently my AC went out. The tech arrived and went to work right away. I walked out to see if he wanted something cold to drink. As I brought him a Coke...he said...without the topic even coming up..."you know this corona thing is all about population control by the government right?".

Just my ramblings.

Thanks for listening.

I don't think politics prevents friendships. I'd have a beer with anyone here. I'd collaborate with anyone here. The guy I collaborated with on a few tunes recently (Jimistone) is the opposite of me politically. We spent years disagreeing before ever working on something together. Like, 13 years actually. We've had a lot of fun working together and will probably do more. I consider him a friend.

As for the discussions we've been having in this forum as of late - I just don't see how any of this is personal. Disagreement is good fun. Agreeing all the time is boring.

As for the history of HR, maybe the Cave was closed before you registered. We used to have a wild time in there. There was practically zero moderation. It was hilarious. A virtual room full of musicians of all stripes. Old people, young people, gay, straight, trans. Rich, poor, city, rural, furriners. Hippies, metal heads, punk rockers, etc. It was boob gifs, music, politics, life, and chaos. Completely uncensored. People made friends in there - got to actually know each other. Many of those relationships have spanned the better part of two decades. It was by far the most popular forum on HR, and the site had a ton more traffic back then.

If not all of those deaths are Trump's fault, the question begs, "Who else do you have in mind as being responsible for the deaths of nearly a quarter million people in the U.S.? China? Members of Congress (Republican and Democrat) who continually prove that they NEVER work together on behalf of the American people? Facebook? Twitter? Google? Yahoo?
It is fact that Covid 19 originated in China. Whether or not if XI purposely allowed the virus to spread globally is anyone's guess, but it wouldn't the first time that China has been willing to sacrifice perhaps millions of its own people to achieve a goal in its attempt to conquer an enemy.
It's also a fact that Americans have allowed themselves to divided to the extent that being conquered will prove to be an easy task.

IMO, we would all do well to remember that when Covid hit the U.S. it was during "Spring Break". There were plenty of videos demonstrating it that college aged kids were dismissing Covid as if it is no worse than the common cold. "We're here to party. If I catch the bug, so what." was the common consensus amongst Spring Break partiers. I wonder how many of them lost a parent or a grandparent to Covid.

IBB, I appreciate it that you recognize that Trump isn't solely responsible for deaths of 247,000 people.

Irrespective of any vaccines that will be forthcoming, before or after Biden takes office, the death toll will increase. Hopefully not.

I also hope that if or when the Biden administration lays blame on Trump for subsequent deaths, you will cry foul.

Pandemics happen. Look back through history - it is full of them. Most epidemiologists consider us to have been somewhat lucky that this hasn't happened for so long. There is nothing stopping the next pandemic from being far more deadly than this one. It can happen at any time, and it can originate from any place.

I haven't seen any evidence that China did anything on purpose, but we still don't have all the facts and data around where it started and how it started. China is repressive and secretive by nature, because they are an authoritarian communist regime. Getting them to be transparent on this will be difficult.

I don't think politics prevents friendships. I'd have a beer with anyone here. I'd collaborate with anyone here.
Go figure! Something I wholeheartedly agree with you on! :)

One of my best friends is a complete Bay Area libtard:). Makes for fun talks over pizza and beer.

The bantering that is happening this year is no more or no less than any year previous just different topics and this year we have two VERY HOT topics Trump and Covid.

Truth is... through out life I have come to find that many people I thought we were on the same page as I about most things...when the shit hits the fan and what they think is black I think is white all bets are off on that topic and for me. I may or may not state my argument and if we still disagree so be it...we agree to disagree and that's the end of it...life goes on and just because I am passionate about my opinion on whatever that hot topic is it doesn't mean I have to win every argument or change every persons mind that disagrees with me.

That person, whomever it is has a lot more to them than their opinion on a particular topic. I'm not going to lose a friend, acquaintance or good resource over a difference of opinion on who the best presidential candidate is or if Elvis is really dead.

I've posted a lot of what I felt was valid real world information on the Covid thing and got both support and rations of shit for whatever I posted..

Onward and upward...too many good peeps here to piss it away or blow it off over a difference of opinions.

So true. We are much more than the sum of our parts :) All widely different, all with something to offer, different skills, perspectives, etc.

Besides life would be really weird if everyone thought alike.........Borg???? ;)

Are we all in agreement that wearing masks is at least a small effort we should all make for the time being? I don't like wearing a mask, but if it helps save the life of just one person, it's worth the effort.

If i wasn’t so lazy and my phone wasn’t dying, I’d link up to where they admit the co morbidity factor. This made actual covid deaths much less .

Are you saying that the only deaths that should count are the ones with no other contributing factors?

Are you saying that the only deaths that should count are the ones with no other contributing factors?

I’m saying there should be honesty involved in counting the numbers.

What counts as a covid case? The PCR test. (and sometimes even just common cold symptoms.)

But the PCR test is considered the ‘Gold Standard’ Despite the fact that it’s inventor said it was not for the purpose of diagnose.

So add in the fact they’re unreliable, and worse, that with enough magnifying cycles you can find anything you want, they’re bogus.,

Even Dr. Debbie spoke of inaccuracy in the tests. Even The NY Times published an article stating that 90% are false positives

Just recently Elon Musk took 4 tests in the same day and 2 came up positive. ( if he’s to believed)

Erica Badu recently tweeted that she had one nostril test pos and the other negative. (Again, if she is to be believed)

But there’s been countless of conflicting PCR tests reported.

So either the tests are indeed inaccurate or there’s lots of dishonesty going on.

So....... if someone dies of a heart attack, and is then swabbed and it comes up positive for covid, listing it as a ‘covid death’ is dishonest.

But keeping the numbers high is important in keeping the fear factor high.

I can't speak for RFR, but if he is inferring that the number of deaths attributed to and reported as death by Covid is inflated....I would agree with RFR. For every death reported attributed to Covid, hospitals received $29,000 from the Federal government per patient. An open invitation to exaggerate.

I can't speak for RFR, but if he is inferring that the number of deaths attributed to and reported as death by Covid is inflated....I would agree with RFR. For every death reported attributed to Covid, hospitals received $29,000 from the Federal government per patient. An open invitation to exaggerate.

One of my client’s sister is a nurse at a cancer facility. She said the facility offered a free cremation and forgiveness of a ten thousand dollar hospital bill if the family would consent to listing the cancer death as a covid death. That’s about 15 grand of free money for the facility.
I see no reason why she’d lie about that

I have heard quite a few accounts of stuff like this. It’s amazing what people will tell you ‘off the record’ that they won’t say publicly for fear of job loss and other consequences.

I’m saying there should be honesty involved in counting the numbers.

What counts as a covid case? The PCR test. (and sometimes even just common cold symptoms.)

But the PCR test is considered the ‘Gold Standard’ Despite the fact that it’s inventor said it was not for the purpose of diagnose.

So add in the fact they’re unreliable, and worse, that with enough magnifying cycles you can find anything you want, they’re bogus.,

Even Dr. Debbie spoke of inaccuracy in the tests. Even The NY Times published an article stating that 90% are false positives

Just recently Elon Musk took 4 tests in the same day and 2 came up positive. ( if he’s to believed)

Erica Badu recently tweeted that she had one nostril test pos and the other negative. (Again, if she is to be believed)

But there’s been countless of conflicting PCR tests reported.

So either the tests are indeed inaccurate or there’s lots of dishonesty going on.

So....... if someone dies of a heart attack, and is then swabbed and it comes up positive for covid, listing it as a ‘covid death’ is dishonest.

But keeping the numbers high is important in keeping the fear factor high.

I would need more than a newspaper article before I accept the claim of 90% false positives. I would need multiple peer reviewed studies in legitimate medical/biological journals. It might be true, but I haven't seen sufficient evidence to warrant belief in the claim. I bet the real number is a bit lower.

There are other tests. The CDC states that the specificity and sensitivity of the antibody test are 99% and 96% respectively.

I enjoyed watching Crew-1 launch on its trip to the ISS. At the same time, Hyperloop appears to be bunk. At this time I really don't care what Elon Musk has to say on the subject.

But the numbers don't have to be absolutely perfect to be useful. Even if they're exaggerated by an order of magnitude, we still have a really big problem that warrants a substantial effort. Given that there's going to be some degree of inaccuracy, I'm going to trust the CDC before I trust any other single source of information. And they're not my only source. If I really want to know something on the subject, I'll scour the scientific journals rather than read newspaper articles. For the level of dishonesty you're claiming, thousands of scientists and dozens of journals would have to be complicit.

Good for you.

I personally don’t trust the CDC. They’re a for profit organization and hold many vaccine patents. They’re in it for the money.

And with that said, I’m going back to quarantine. :)
Peace out, have fun with your discussions.

Back