Gecko lizard

Greg_L

Banned
Not the mod, an actual gecko lizard. I just spent about an hour chasing one around my drums and amps, finally shooing him outside without killing him. Normally I'd just let them hang out, but the wife saw it and massive freakouts ensued. There would be no sleeping in this house until mr gecko was dead or outside, so that's my saturday night.

Don't take her to Indonesia - they are part of the decor most particularly during the monsoon season. Every wall or ceiling has it's resident insect catcher.

Don't take her to Indonesia - they are part of the decor most particularly during the monsoon season. Every wall or ceiling has it's resident insect catcher.

Indonesia is not high on our list of places to go. Hell, it's not on our list at all.

In our house, it's the other way around. I want to damn thing out, the wife lets it stay in. She says, "It'll eat the bugs" to which I reply, "Yeah, then shit it out later. No thanks!!" :D Gecko poop. Yuck. (Not the mod, either!)

Those are chechaks. Geckos are big buggers and you don't want one to bite you. Chechaks just catch bugs on your walls.

Edit: I'm wrong. Geckos are little buggers and chase bugs on your walls. Gekkos are what I was thinking of. Wikipedia yay.

Last edited:
We have skinks here. They showed up about 10 years ago. Never had one in the house yet.

Had a bat one night. Let him fly out through the door. Weirdly silent flying machine. Terrifying to have one just glide into the room on a Saturday night.

Squirrel got in once. Would not cooperate with the path I gave him to exit. I beat him to death with a stick. Wife said he had to die. It was intense.

Bird got in once. Couldn't get it out. Opened the cabinet two days later and it was sitting on the shelf. Opened the window and out he went like he was trained.

Picked up a scorpion in a Florida hotel room once. I thought it was a ball of hair until it flexed. It died.

I like my geckos, I just don't want them in the house. Mostly the wife don't want them in the house. I have two floodlights over my garage that attract junebugs and whatever else kind of bug that can't resist light. There's a motion sensitive light near my front door as well. The geckos camp out around these lights. They sit there and eat bugs all night long. I've watched them. They sit and wait and a bug comes too close, and BAM! Dinner. I answered the door for the pizza man last night and a few must have came running in.

I like my geckos, I just don't want them in the house. Mostly the wife don't want them in the house. I have two floodlights over my garage that attract junebugs and whatever else kind of bug that can't resist light. There's a motion sensitive light near my front door as well. The geckos camp out around these lights. They sit there and eat bugs all night long. I've watched them. They sit and wait and a bug comes too close, and BAM! Dinner. I answered the door for the pizza man last night and a few must have came running in.

Years ago when me an the wife were back packing round asia we had a routine when booking a bed for the night. She would check out the room while I negotiated the price. One of the things she would always look for was gecko's in the room cos they eat all the mossies... I was a bit one way or the other with them to start but grew to love em. I guess if there are not many mosquitoes about then they wouldn't be on the tick list but she used to get eaten alive by em so gecko's were her friend... We did stay in a lot of budget places though...

I flicked a salamander off a porch screen last year in Florida. Felt bad for a minute. I think it was a salamander. It was whatever those things are you see in mexican restaurants.

Back