Florence

BroKen_H

Re-member
Sitting in the path (literally right in the eye wall path). Been lucky so far and kept our electricity. Going to have grits for breakfast so Flo can "Kiss my grits!" :laughings:
We got the house hooked up for a generator earlier this year, and then couldn't afford the generator...have one now. Got less than I wanted, and it cost more than I wanted, but the one I wanted wouldn't have gotten here until Monday (and that seemed too late for a Friday landfall). Going to miss that remote start feature, I think. At least I can start up the well pump if electricity fails.
It's pretty amazing to us from the northern part of Idaho how few people are ready for these things...We had plenty of food, fuel, alternate cooking/lighting, etc. I bought an extra case of bottled water and some cat food. Meanwhile everyone from the entire county is at WalMart tearing the shelves off. I guess there's a difference because you get a week's warning on a hurricane vs 48" of snow can fall while you're asleep in Idaho...oh, and two loaves of fresh bread (have plenty in the freezer).
Hope everyone else is doing well! Yup. We're staying safe.

Back