Everything's On Sale, Except...

spantini

COO of me, inc.
LOL! I get emails from GC inviting me to take advantage of the "big sale" going on right now..

Just got one for 16% off anything that's not already on sale, then it lists everything that's excluded from the offer :

Products from the following manufacturers are excluded: A Designs, ADAM Audio, Aguilar, Allen & Heath, Alvarez, Ampeg, Antelope Audio, Apogee, Apple, Arturia, Ashdown, Ashly Audio, Avantone, Avid, BAE, Beetronics FX, Blackstar, Bose, BOSS, Burl Audio, Caparison Guitars, Catalinbread, Chapman, Crate, Cusack Music, D.W. Fearn, Dangerous Music, Dave Smith Instruments, Dean Markley, Duesenberg USA, Earthquaker Devices, Earthworks, Electro-Harmonix, Elysia, Empress Effects, Epiphone, Ernie Ball Music Man, EVH, Fender, Fender Custom Shop, Focal, Focusrite, Fostex, Friedman, Fulltone, Fulltone Custom Shop, Gallien-Krueger, Gibson, Gibson Custom, Golden Age Project, GoPro, Heritage Audio, ISP Technologies, JHS Pedals, Keeley, Kemper, Korg, Kurzweil, Kush Audio, LaChapell Audio, Lag Guitars, Lewitt Audio Microphones, Lindell Audio, Mackie, Manley, Meinl, Metric Halo, Millennia, Milkman Sound, Mojave Audio, Moog, MOTU, Native Instruments, Neumann, Nord, Novation, Orange Amplifiers, Pettyjohn Electronics, Phoenix Audio, PRS, Radial Engineering, Randall, Rane, Reloop, Reverend, RME, Rockett Pedals, Roland, Royer, Ruach Music, se Electronics, Serato, Shure, Slate Digital, Slate Pro Audio, Slate Media Technology, Softube, Soundbrenner, Source Audio, Squier, Steven Slate Drums, Studiologic, Suzuki, Taylor, Teenage Engineering, Telefunken, Teletronix, Toft Audio Designs, Tube-Tech, Voodoo Lab, Vox, Walrus Audio, Wampler, Warm Audio, Westone, Xotic Effects, Yamaha, ZT, Zvex

I reckon I can get that 16% off a bag of over-priced picks, or some sheet music maybe.. :laughings:

If I had a dollar every time someone posts this same exact thing/complaint...

If you are ordering, you have to call and request the discount (for any/all of those brands) - you will usually get it. If you are at a store, you ask for it, the clerk calls a special number they have and gets the code to add to the order. The manufacturers don't allow the stores to advertise a lower price (that includes discounts), hence this usual verbiage.

I get a kick out of the 'Huge extra discount % sales' which mean of course '% off retail, which is a number they never charge in the first place.

Back