Electoral College & Trump's 2016

But here's what Obama would say to you on Russia

Obama saying the Cold War was over 20 years ago shows how naïve he really was.
It's never been over...only the players have changed...or shuffled around a bit.

That naiveté is common with much of the Dems/Libs...who think if we say "let's all just get along"...it equals foreign policy, and is a sufficient deterrent to any evil power trying to do us in.

Obama saying the Cold War was over 20 years ago shows how naïve he really was.
It's never been over...only the players have changed...or shuffled around a bit.

That naiveté is common with much of the Dems/Libs...who think if we say "let's all just get along"...it equals foreign policy, and is a sufficient deterrent to any evil power trying to do us in.

I have friends who believe that other countries would love to destroy us militarily. While I believe this is true, I also realize it's impossible. If another country attacked us and brought combat fighters to this land, men, women and children would destroy them within hours.

I do think all countries use propaganda. Depending on how it's used, it can be successful to a degree. In the 2016 election it's reported (I think in the Mueller Report) that Russians bought $100,000 worth of social media advertising. If that changed the outcome of the US election, then so be it. Anyone who gets their political news from social media deserves whatever comes their way.

The outcome of that election will change history. Not because Trump won. But, in his term he was able to place 3 Supreme Court Justices, and hundreds of judges across the country. That, more than anything will be a thorn in the side of liberals. For any liberal that says that's not right or legal. Keep your head in the sand. It's perfectly correct and completely legal. Trump got the job done, especially where it counts.

Clinton who barely bothered to campaign in 2016 rented out the Javits Center with a fireworks display, while Trump rented out a meeting room at the Hilton. She should have campaigned and not expected to win because she has a va***a.

I have friends who believe that other countries would love to destroy us militarily. While I believe this is true, I also realize it's impossible.

I don't think the USA could be militarily attacked and easily taken over or destroyed...BUT...it's quite possible to cause enough terror to completely destroy normal life for a very long time, maybe even for many generations.

I mean...look at just how much fear and panic over this virus has screwed up the whole world...now imagine if this was intentional.

Then you have the cyber wars that take place every single day between the USA and some countries....like China, like Russia...and imagine if our power or communications grids were destroyed or heavily handicapped by some terrorist plot...that would certainly create a worse panic than the virus...
or you have lunatics like Kim in North Korea, who if he lobbed a single nuclear missile at the west coast, would create more terror than the virus has done.

As deadly as the virus is for some people...TBH, at this point I don't give it much thought other than having to comply with some places that require mask wearing...and AFA "distancing"...I don't see it happening like what is portrayed at the town halls on TV. People are NOT keeping 6'-12' apart at every moment...
...yet it's still such a total freak out for so many people. Now imagine some of the other things mentioned, if they happened.
I don't think we need a world nuclear war before absolute chaos, fear and panic sets.

Here you...just pull the plug on internet and cell phone service for a week, and watch the madness that takes over.

I don't think the USA could be militarily attacked and easily taken over or destroyed...BUT...it's quite possible to cause enough terror to completely destroy normal life for a very long time, maybe even for many generations.

I mean...look at just how much fear and panic over this virus has screwed up the whole world...now imagine if this was intentional.

Then you have the cyber wars that take place every single day between the USA and some countries....like China, like Russia...and imagine if our power or communications grids were destroyed or heavily handicapped by some terrorist plot...that would certainly create a worse panic than the virus...
or you have lunatics like Kim in North Korea, who if he lobbed a single nuclear missile at the west coast, would create more terror than the virus has done.

As deadly as the virus is for some people...TBH, at this point I don't give it much thought other than having to comply with some places that require mask wearing...and AFA "distancing"...I don't see it happening like what is portrayed at the town halls on TV. People are NOT keeping 6'-12' apart at every moment...
...yet it's still such a total freak out for so many people. Now imagine some of the other things mentioned, if they happened.
I don't think we need a world nuclear war before absolute chaos, fear and panic sets.

Here you...just pull the plug on internet and cell phone service for a week, and watch the madness that takes over.

I can honestly picture grids going down and awful cyber shit. Neither me or my wife do any kind of banking online. If someone wants our private info, there's only a few places I've put mine. My wife doesn't do anything on-line. So, hacking wouldn't destroy our lives. Since we have documentation, we'd recover. Most people would. There'd be panic. Look at the moronic TP hoarding. Seriously, that's what people thought about? I've mentioned this before: Watch this scene from The Big Trail (the entire film is excellent), then put it into context with modern society. Yes, people will freak out and some will die. But, the USA can withstand anything. Even if we lost power FOREVER, we'd revert back to what we did before electricity. We'd get water and other things to sustain us, till we rebuild. In the meantime, we'd destroy the countries that caused the attack. I'm sure we're positioned just like every other country to wipe out grids.

Compared to these people, we're all snowflakes.

This election, cyber attack, or even military attack, the USA will survive. If we don't, no one will. Because it will have been an all out nuclear war. If that comes, so be it. There's nothing common folk can do about that.

I can honestly picture grids going down and awful cyber shit. Neither me or my wife do any kind of banking online. If someone wants our private info, there's only a few places I've put mine. My wife doesn't do anything on-line. So, hacking wouldn't destroy our lives.

It wouldn't be so much of an individual problem, AFA online banking...but even though you might not do the online banking, all the banks do online everything.
So they probably wouldn't even be able to conduct business at their local branches, because they wouldn't have any internet.
Heck...even if you had a safe-deposit box with money in it...I bet the main safe wouldn't open if there was no power or internet connectivity...?

During the shutdowns...my local bank was closed completely...and I couldn't access my safe-deposit box without making an appointment to have someone come open the bank just to let me in. With the virus, the internet actually saved us in many ways. Imagine if we had the virus situation and no internet.

All that aside, I'm can survive...plenty of dry/canned goods, lots of toilet paper... :D...some cash on hand for basics...and most importantly, a good amount of "zombie suppression" and "attitude adjustment resources, if you get my meaning...because with any serious power grid/internet crash, the biggest problem will be all the people who are totally unprepared. It could get pretty rough.
People think the shutdowns were bad...?...meanwhile they sat home watched TV, called for take-out, and played with their phones and their video games all day.
A serious infrastructure shutdown would bring them to their knees, in tears...and those are the zombies to be concerned about. People in the cities would have it the worst.

We had a snowstorm last year that knocked out power and internet for a day.

Got a good chance to see the panic and turmoil.
Gas stations closed, supermarkets with signs “cash only” , Traffic lights out, etc.

People were freaking out. And that was just for one day (not even a full 24 hours)

People are so helplessly addicted to this electronically controlled society. They’ve forgotten how to function.

Me? I had a full tank of gas. And with the power out, I couldn’t work, so I did the logical thing..... I went for a joy ride in the countryside and took in the winter wonderland.
‘Twas a wonderful day. :)

It wouldn't be so much of an individual problem, AFA online banking...but even though you might not do the online banking, all the banks do online everything.
So they probably wouldn't even be able to conduct business at their local branches, because they wouldn't have any internet.
Heck...even if you had a safe-deposit box with money in it...I bet the main safe wouldn't open if there was no power or internet connectivity...?

During the shutdowns...my local bank was closed completely...and I couldn't access my safe-deposit box without making an appointment to have someone come open the bank just to let me in. With the virus, the internet actually saved us in many ways. Imagine if we had the virus situation and no internet.

All that aside, I'm can survive...plenty of dry/canned goods, lots of toilet paper... :D...some cash on hand for basics...and most importantly, a good amount of "zombie suppression" and "attitude adjustment resources, if you get my meaning...because with any serious power grid/internet crash, the biggest problem will be all the people who are totally unprepared. It could get pretty rough.
People think the shutdowns were bad...?...meanwhile they sat home watched TV, called for take-out, and played with their phones and their video games all day.
A serious infrastructure shutdown would bring them to their knees, in tears...and those are the zombies to be concerned about. People in the cities would have it the worst.

I'd probably survive, or die quickly. I'm lazy.

It isn't just banking, it's technology in general. As an old geezer, if I didn't have a computer, I'd survive. Karen's never had one except for work. She hasn't touched one since March. Back in the 70s and 80s, most grids were not on-line. So, if it came to pass that computers couldn't get back up, they'd just go back to the old days. It would take a while, but it would happen. People survived before electricity, they'll survive without it, if need be.
When I think about disasters and shit like that, I always think about the "elites" who put down "commoners" because they don't have their education and intelligence. Well, if we ever found ourselves without electricity and modern conveniences, it's the commoner who can fend for themselves. We never give the slaughterhouse workers enough credit. I know I couldn't do it. But, damn I love meat.

We had a snowstorm last year that knocked out power and internet for a day.

Got a good chance to see the panic and turmoil.
Gas stations closed, supermarkets with signs “cash only” , Traffic lights out, etc.

People were freaking out. And that was just for one day (not even a full 24 hours)

People are so helplessly addicted to this electronically controlled society. They’ve forgotten how to function.

Me? I had a full tank of gas. And with the power out, I couldn’t work, so I did the logical thing..... I went for a joy ride in the countryside and took in the winter wonderland.
‘Twas a wonderful day. :)

I love seeing news reports from the south when it snows. It wouldn't even be considered a sprinkling in the North and cars are sliding all over the road. People have chains on their tires. It's hilarious.

Yes, people will panic. Because in general, we've become weak, fat and lazy. I love the film WALL-E, because it's coming true.

That ride must have been great. Because I live in Jersey, where it's tough to find countryside, I have a tendency to stay indoors when it snows. It's way too easy for some idiot to not slow down, spin out and crash into you. Hell, they do that when it's dry and nice.

I have a tendency to stay indoors when it snows. It's way too easy for some idiot to not slow down, spin out and crash into you
Sounds like some parts of north west London !

I'd miss computers if everything went belly up. Same way I'd miss a fridge if the electricity went out for 8 days. I like my drinks cold.
But I could survive easily without one. I barely use my phone anyway. I use mod cons. I just don't rely on them. I had the use of a van for 20 years when I did delivery work. Any little thing that needed to be done, I'd go in the van. My kids grew up in that van, learned most of what they knew about London, travelling and work in that van. It was so integral to our lives. Friends, family and neighbours got good use of that van {and paid for the diesel !} When I quit delivery work in 2017, I was determined not to miss it. Thus far I haven't. That's me.
As a teenager I lived in Nigeria from '77 to '81. Few people that haven't done something like that simply can't appreciate what it is to go from a country where there is an organized bus system and train system, running water, constant electricity, shops with fixed prices and things always in stock, cooperative police and officials, decent schools, clean roads, decent sewage and drainage, speed limits and road rules etc, in short, order, to one where almost everything is the opposite and the haphazard and unpredictable is the norm. That teaches one to be grateful with the good one has but not to lean on anything or not be able to live without a particular thing.
I view inventions and implements as great servants but lousy masters. I will use them until the cows come home and leave again. But I will not rely on them.

Back