Dubstep

Omg, the part in which he pulls out his tooth made me cringe, haha. I actually am starting to really get into dubstep now. I recently discovered Skrillex and LOVE his stuff! He is awesome. However, a lot of people say he's not really dubstep, but eh...I'm digging this new style in general and think it's pretty cool and interesting.

Omg, the part in which he pulls out his tooth made me cringe, haha. I actually am starting to really get into dubstep now. I recently discovered Skrillex and LOVE his stuff! He is awesome. However, a lot of people say he's not really dubstep, but eh...I'm digging this new style in general and think it's pretty cool and interesting.

Dubstep fans classify Skrillex as "brostep". Nuthin' wrong it if your into that kind of thing.
But "real" dubstep artists are classified as people like Skream, Benga, Coki, etc...

So technically, let it be known that Skrillex is not "real" dubstep, he's brostep.

Don't ask how I know this... :D

Personally this is my favorite dubstep-mocking video:

I used to be very anti electronic music, all those kids playing dubstep from mobilephone speakers really annoyed me. But then once upon a Friday night, I went to a dubstep party, when it's loud, it's good. It really blew me away. Still not something I'd really listen to at home though.

I have friends who produce dubstep, it's more rock-orientated when it comes to song structure and influence, they have guitar solos and all, so I really like that. They even have dubstep songs in 74ths! I might be recording some real life drums for them soon. Here's a cool song if you're interested: Dyssebia - Cheated His Game - YouTube

Saw a dude do a "live" dubstep song last night at my school's talent show...so sad watching him pretend to twist knobs and press buttons while the computer plays the preloaded track.

Back