I'm lost and confused
And I don't know what to do
What to do?

Don't take it so serious
Don't take it so seriously
Don't take it so serious
Seriously

So.....

I have had this thing with "The clock of life" and time and the reality that our time here is so very fleeting for a long ass time and wrote the musings below...which all go to various music I've written to express my angst on this subject..

My obsession with time all started when I was @ 18 years old.. I was on my knees installing some vinyl tile flooring in a random kitchen, in a random apartment somewhere in Anaheim...there on the refrigerator was a poem posted that so moved me I (with at the time a great memory) memorized it...and the torture began...

The clock of life is wound but once
And no man has the power
To say just when the hands will stop
At late or early hour
Live each day as if it were your last
Live , love, toil with a will
But place no faith in tomorrow
For the clock may then be still :eek:

So here are some of my musings and a little video about some Greek freak "feel awful sir" named Seneca who I guess was similarily hung up with this thing we call time...

Time is an illusion, but it sure feels real...

Time
Ticking away
year after month after week day after day
Time is the enemy
It ticks past you, becomes a memory
Time is an illusion, but it sure feels real.

I can't believe how time flies
But it sure goes fast
I can't believe how time flies
Changing present into past
The clock of life is ticking
to its steady beat
but the clock ain't going nowhere
It's on a dead end street

Seems I was just a young man
twenty years ago
now I'm half way to an old man
where did all the time go?

There's a time in life
when you're just too young
There's a time in life when life is just no fun

There's a time in life
when you're just too old
There's a time in life when life is just so cold

There's a time in life
When there's no more time
There's a time in life you must cross the finish line..

Yes Time is the enemy
It ticks past you becomes a memory
Time is an illusion but it sure feels real

Last edited:
I see me as a caveman in my fur overalls sitting on a rock out in the middle of nowhere gazing out at the stars at night and thinking to myself how the hell did this all come to be? Oh shit it's a bear! Run! And the torture never stops.... :laughings:

Reminds of a song I did many years ago. Kinda relates to how we are mere blips on a tiny spec of nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Gravity by Irish Pirate | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Okay, it's an easy segue to a shameless plug.
:D

Arrrgh! An Irish Pirate you say? Ya know I was born on talk like Pirate day... I walked into an Irish pub one day, I'm sitting there with this other bloke just sittin n drinking...Then this other guy walks in and sits down next to the other guy...They start looking at each other kind of strange...I'm expecting a fight but then the one says to the other in a totally Irish brogue ...Ya know, you look familiar to me...The other guy says ya know, I was thinkin the same thing! Did you grow up around these parts? Yes I did right here in the county of Cork...Hmmm? What school did you go to? Well I went to Saint Josephs...The other guy goes I can't believe it ...I went to Saint Josephs too! Hey Joe ( Joe's the bartender) ya hear that? We both went to the same school! I know I know you! Joe just shakes his head and keeps on drying beer mugs....Well the one guy ask the other how old are you? I'm 32...I can't believe it, I'm 32 also! I know I know you I just can't place you...Joe can you believe it? Joe just shakes his head again...Another guy walks into the pub.... Hey Joe how's it going? Oh you know... the same ol shit....What do you mean Joe? The O'Brian twins......They're drunk again :laughings:

That first video just went on a bit, This is shorter, and is really deep.

Yeah I like that readers digest condensed explanation...thanks for the share...

In 2007 I had the opportunity to go to a session with Alan Parsons at the Grammy Museum..one of the perks of living in LA..

The venue is just really intimate maybe seats 100 people with a nice 30' wide stage..
It was a great evening and I thought it was just going to be him talking about his life experience and career but when I got there there was the whole band set up...it was general admission but there wasn't a bad seat in the house..but lucky me I'm sitting second row dead center with my handy little sony digital recorder in my pocket...I recorded most of the whole evening but I'll share the version of Time here...If you want access to the whole thing PM me.View attachment Time.mp3

Many moons ago I was at an exhibition in London, and centre was a new mega million recording console - long enough ago that people were dribbling, and it was enormous - as all big studios mixer then had to be. I went upstairs and the little booths had people selling loudspeaker cones, replacement diaphragms for HF units, cable assemblies and connectors. Tyere was a little booth with patch bays and every kind of audio and video connectors. The guy was very helpful, but a bit distracted. I mentioned how he looked like Alan Parsons - he sheepishly said "er, I am Alan Parsons - I'm supposed to be on the big stand in the middle downstairs, but I came by to say hello to a friend, and said I'd hold the fort while he went to get some food.......".

Many moons ago I was at an exhibition in London, and centre was a new mega million recording console - long enough ago that people were dribbling, and it was enormous - as all big studios mixer then had to be. I went upstairs and the little booths had people selling loudspeaker cones, replacement diaphragms for HF units, cable assemblies and connectors. Tyere was a little booth with patch bays and every kind of audio and video connectors. The guy was very helpful, but a bit distracted. I mentioned how he looked like Alan Parsons - he sheepishly said "er, I am Alan Parsons - I'm supposed to be on the big stand in the middle downstairs, but I came by to say hello to a friend, and said I'd hold the fort while he went to get some food.......".

Great story....He really seems to be an aok kind of cat... He was signing autographs and shaking hands after the event I went to...There was about 30 people ahead of me and he was taking his time with each one...As much as I'd like to have shook his hand and tell him how much I enjoyed the event and what an inspiration he had been in my own musical journey, I decided it was silly to sit in line for 30 minutes just do that so I split and went to the Pantry restaurant across from the Grammy Museum ( It is right at The Staple Center area) for some of the best coleslaw and sour dough bread on planet earth...that is worth a 30 minute wait...

I never do that because one of my jobs is to manage these kinds of things and so many of the names really hate it, yet smile and do it, because it means a lot to the fans. Some of course NEVER do them. One well known British female comedian, makes it known in the rider that there won't be an encore. Her tour manager strips the dressing room during Act 2, and has the bags packed. She walks off stage, and is out of the building before the first of the punters - who wait for the claps to die down when she clearly isn't coming back - but she's gone. The worst thing is to have to get people away from their fans, but that's what I have to do, having about twenty excuses that don't make the turns look bad. Some really take the pi55 though - I don't mind upsetting those.

I can't think of a British 'female' comedian who is worthy of giving an encore. I can't think of any who would be worth seeing even if it was free.:confused:

Many female British comedians I have enjoyed are no longer with us. Two which are extant are Tracey Ullman Dawn French.

I've seen Dawn mainly in The Vicar of Dibley and maybe a tiny bit of French and Saunders. The Vicar of Dibley is hilarious. I have no idea what kind of stand up show she could offer.

Tracey Ullman - I might actually pay to see her perform live. She's very funny in sitcoms and in stand up.

I don't think an encore would be in order in either case, though.

Many female British comedians I have enjoyed are no longer with us. Two which are extant are Tracey Ullman Dawn French.

I've seen Dawn mainly in The Vicar of Dibley and maybe a tiny bit of French and Saunders. The Vicar of Dibley is hilarious. I have no idea what kind of stand up show she could offer.

Tracey Ullman - I might actually pay to see her perform live. She's very funny in sitcoms and in stand up.

I don't think an encore would be in order in either case, though.

Dawn French kind of went down the pan over Xmas when comedy gave way to some political stuff which was really strange. But I doubt she will recover from that.

Tracey Ullman always appeared to have a great sense of humour.

I have never heard of them doing stand up. Off the top of my head I can't think of any women doing stand up shows. Maybe Rob can point us in the right direction?

Tracey Ullman always appeared to have a great sense of humour.

I totally dig Tracy....they don't make em like her too often... She had a TV show here that the wife and I loved..
I am sure she has done stand up.... she's just too crazy clever to not have

Back