Dolby Atmos

TAE

All you have is now
Soooo My nephews wife's sister is married to this bad ass sound dude named John Ross and she called me today to ask advice on countertop materials ( my expertise) After we discussed her needs we got to talking about John and what they have going on...bitchin home screening room and studio...He's involved big time with this
"new and improved!" Dolby Atmos....

Guess it's going to be a big deal in the sound world future for movies...

Here's a video on it...

I see they slapped a Madison Avenue name on it - Check this out :
Binaural Recording Techniques - The Complete Guide Examples – Binaural Enthusiast

Above my pay grade but it appears Binaural only works when using headphones whereas the Dolby Atmos thing creates a real world 3d aural bubble...

Or so what I got out of this Reddit post pasted below...

Binaural recording is intended for replay using headphones and will not translate properly over stereo speakers.

An Atmos or DTS:X track is really the only way to get a fully immersive 3D bubble of sound.

So she sends me these pictures of their Virtual streaming room...AT THEIR HOUSE in Hollywood hills...and says that when Covid is behind us I'll have to come on out n jam.... Gotta say...If that actually happens it is so not going to suck...

Check out John's "re-recording" ( whatever the hell that is) IMDb credits... He had me impressed with Austin Powers and American Hustle....dude came here from Australia in the 70's with nothin but a dream...The American dream...love it!

What a frickin jam room!

View attachment 107693
View attachment 107694

Above my pay grade but it appears Binaural only works when using headphones whereas the Dolby Atmos thing creates a real world 3d aural bubble...

Or so what I got out of this Reddit post pasted below...

Binaural recording is intended for replay using headphones and will not translate properly over stereo speakers.

An Atmos or DTS:X track is really the only way to get a fully immersive 3D bubble of sound.

Here's some explanation :

The Difference Between Atmos Sound and 3D Binaural Sound and Why Films Won’t use Binaural Recording Technology | CTCS 499

Back