Do any of you guys name your studios?

Kingofpain678

Returned from the dead
I'm looking for inspiration because I'm a giant dork and want to give my studio a name.
I'm not alone right? What have you guys named your studios?

Mine is called ... the basement.

I guess if I was having real clients coming in and paying me, I would name it.

With tongue in cheek humor, I call mine Studio Cubito because it is cube shaped, the worst possible shape for a studio. lol

I call my "studio" Blue Carpet Studios because the carpet in my kids' room where most of my recording and mixing is done is kind of blue. It's not an entirely accurate name because there's no space I haven't recorded in this house, including the toilet and really, my studio as such is in my head. But it sounds kind of, ah, yeah.

I'll throw in... right now it's "Bedroom Studio", but it's moving toward "Cable Cove Studios".

I've had three studios.

One Piece ADDA Time Studio (do you see what I did there?)

JEM Studios, This one I bought and kept the name. Originally JEM stood for something, but when I bought it, it didn't mean anything

Farview Recording. I built it in an outbuilding on an old dairy farm from the 1800's. The farm's name was Farview because it was up on a hill at the highest point around.

Last edited:
I've had three studios.

One Piece ADDA time (do you see what I did there?)

JEM Studios, This one I bought and kept the name. Originally JEM stood for something, but when I bought it, it didn't mean anything

Farview Recording. I built it in an outbuilding on an old dairy farm from the 1800's. The farm's name was Farview because it was up on a hill at the highest point around.

I always wondered where you got your username from. I thought it was maybe the name of that dog in your profile pic and was from a comic or something

I call my "studio" Blue Carpet Studios because the carpet in my kids' room where most of my recording and mixing is done is kind of blue. It's not an entirely accurate name because there's no space I haven't recorded in this house, including the toilet and really, my studio as such is in my head. But it sounds kind of, ah, yeah.

So you could just as easily gone for toilet studios. Maybe I'll take that for myself :laughings:

I always wondered where you got your username from. I thought it was maybe the name of that dog in your profile pic and was from a comic or something
I'm pretty sure that's the dog from the Dilbert cartoons. I've had that avatar for such a long time, I can't remember.

My Room Studio

In reference of Brian Wilson's song of the same name...Of course "My room" is not much of a "real open for business" kind of recording studio as the only thing getting recorded is me..But I pay myself handsomely with lots of good burgers, tacos and burritos, you know the three main food groups...Living large in LA

As far as gear I sure have trimmed it down to very little but with a single iMac connected to a behringer xr-18 and a few mics, I have more recording power, effects n crap to tweak and record noise than I ever did when I was lucky enough to get to record at Wally Heider and Pasha in DTLA back in the day... .

I've had three studios.

One Piece ADDA time (do you see what I did there?)

You a fan of One Piece?

Ah, I see now. Never mind. Yeah, as KingofPain said, it’s an anime. I thought you were referencing it in your name lol.

Nope. That studio was back in the early 90's. I'm not sure anime was a thing at that point. (I was never into it, probably too old)

So you could just as easily gone for toilet studios
I could have but that would have been too obvious. Flush Studios would have been a better one !
That studio was back in the early 90's. I'm not sure anime was a thing at that point
My two sons love anime. Personally, I'm not a fan but I watched one of the earliest animes back in the 60s, believe it or not, called "Marine Boy." I'd never even heard of anime until about 5 years ago so I didn't know back in '68, '69 that it was an anime.
I used to make up some of my own lyrics to the theme tune when I was really young. Don't ask me why because I don't know, but the 'song' I made up was called "Pology and the beast." It went:
"He is a boy, a very friendly boy
Ology and pology, pology and the beast." :facepalm:
Possibly the first lyrics I ever came up with, now that I think about it.

I was only 5 !

Back