Do any of you guys name your studios?

My studio was an offshoot of my live sound company. I had been doing late night club work. A friend asked if I could take over at a coffeehouse because he was offered some long term theatrical work. Next thing I knew I was working with a bunch of folk show promoters. A couple of them started open mic venues. The studio was already in the plans but the extra money I made recording the open mic acts helped. I became known as the folk guy so it seemed a good time to change the name of the sound company. Folkcafe Productions was born. Its been idle since I gave up live sound but I'm trying to get the studio operational again for personal use.

Studiio_Rev5.jpg

Now that EMI studios is officially called Abbey Road studios {prior to the release of the Beatle album, it wasn't called Abbey Road} I'm thinking of taking the EMI name. It will appropriately stand for "every mistake imaginable " ! :facepalm:

Reactions: TAE
I used a band name from a band I formed in the 1980's (long gone now) and registered the name as a music business. Witzend. It became the studio name, Witzend Studios and my live sound company name. It has been used around the world for other production companies and another band but I have it in Australia.

Alan

I have an interesting heavy rock album from around 1979 called "Rock and by God roll" by a band called Wits End.
61qpmvoq%2BFL._SX355_.jpg

It never occurred to me all these years that the OZ at the end of your name was signifying Australia ! Yet, now you mention it it's so obvious. :spank:

Actually I had a band call "Wits End" then the line up changed and I changed it to "Witzend" yes the witzendoz name is witzend in Australia (OZ) as in Australia we then to say Ozstralia LOL.

Alan

Back