Despite rumors of my demise....

AL P

I am still here..

let me sum up the last say...60`ish days in short form..

1. my mother board went up in smoke on my main/recording computor..
like an idiot, i was moving a very large/heavy PA cab (about a 110lbs)...it got away from me, and SMASHED onto my computor desk..my computor made a really funky sound, as if the hard drive threw a wheel bearing..LOL..long story short, I replaced the mother board and its back in action..so far everything seams to be just as it was..thank god!!

2. a couple days before the fourth of july, and IDIOT came down my dead end road, and smashed into my car with his MONSTER truck...totalling it..

3. a real good friend of mine suddenly died of an illness...

4..a LONG time VERY close friend got killed on his motorcycle..

5...a couple days after the above, me and the ole lady BARELY survived an attempted robbery/car jacking..

what happened was...a friend called broke down, late at night (about 2:30 am,) he works at a bar, and was on his way home, passing through literally the WORST part/area of flint MI..(FBI`s named it the number one most dangerous city..AGAIN this year)..

anyway, I told him to meet me at a store right by where he said he was broke down..I got there, he was no where to be found (turns out he got his car going, called me back, but I did`nt hear my cell ring)..
at any rate, the store was closed, I pulled in and parked (backed in)...I turned my blazer off so I could hear to use my cell and call the guy..right as I reached for my cell, I seen out of the corner of my eye, honestly..about 8 dudes literally RUNNING right at my truck, comming towards the ole ladys window, they were there before I could twist the key, one reached in and punched her...about that time, my truck was fired up and i was flooring the pedal...I got maybe 50 ft away, looked back, and seen one of them raising a gun, I reached for the ole lady and yelled GET DOWN as I was pushing her down by her shoulder..and right then..BOOM BOOM BOOM...bullets started flying through my rear window, through the rear seat, through her Front seat, and then through the winshield..she was a split second away from bieng murdered....seriously..

anyway, hopefully, things will start going a bit better around here, and I`ll be able to get back to having some fun with the recording stuff..

Holy shit dude...glad you and the wife are ok. Sorry about all the other stuff that happened. That's rough. It always gets better though!

And keep that motor running next time ;)

lol ..... I thought the same thing.
AL P isn't Arvo. Arvo would have said something about Paul Ryan and Romney.

And Arvo has an avatar and he is bald. (I see Arvo on facebook often). <hangs head for hanging out on facebook> :o

Dood! Play the lottery, your luck has got to change for the better now.

Glad you are still around. My condolences for your lost friends man...

Wow... America really is like "The Wire"... I thought it was a fictional TV series, but apparently it was a documentary. How did I miss that?

Wow... America really is like "The Wire"... I thought it was a fictional TV series, but apparently it was a documentary. How did I miss that?

Indeed it is. I've lived in two of the craziest cities in America, Detroit and St Louis. This kind of shit happens daily.
Glad you survived sir.

I think you could sell the rights to that story AL. It would be turned into a block buster movie.
I see Arnold, as you, playing the lead.

thanks everyone..and yeah, it`s been rough lately, but hopefully things will stay smooth for a while..

my ole lady was setting in this passenger seat...i still have visions in my head about it..soo close man...my god...her head sets well above the top of the seat, and it was split second timming that she got down in time...

(does`nt look like it in the pic, but yes, that area to the right, is a open hole..the flash made it not look that way...)..

https://img96.imageshack.us/img96/3783/p8050150.jpg

https://img163.imageshack.us/img163/5705/p8050159o.jpg

Flint's rough, man. Glad you and yours are OK. I have to concur with some of the comments above about relocating. What's keeping you there?

(And I don't do politics anymore.)

Indeed it is. I've lived in two of the craziest cities in America, Detroit and St Louis. This kind of shit happens daily.
Glad you survived sir.

That's crazy dude. I lived in St. Louis from the 70's until 1983 when I moved to Detroit... Flint is bad. so are a lot of places around Detroit - OP I would seriously consider moving elsewhere...

Back