A Death In The Family - "minerman" (Home Recording and lately TRR stalwart) has died

Armistice

Son of Yoda
A Death In The Family - "minerman" (Home Recording and lately TRR stalwart) has died

Hi HR people

Just thought those of you who knew him would appreciate knowing that James Bryson, AKA "minerman" has unfortunately left us.

eeBlSNu.png

I'm not sure he posted that much here any more, but he was an original over at TRR. We all knew he had pretty serious health issues - but he always seemed to overcome them, and despite everything he had to deal with was relentlessly positive about life, music and the future.

West Virginian, strange hillbilly soul, lover of Mountain Dew and Ceriatone Chupacabra amps, our comrade. The only guy at TRR who had his own emoji:

minernuggs.gif

We're not sure exactly when he died, but his wallet contained Greg's phone number, and so Greg got a call and we found out that way. He last posted on our board 2 days ago.

A very sad day for us and for you too, if you knew him.

Vale James - the minerman. :(

Right before he kinda stopped posting here, I recall he had gone through some tough times with his job...was laid off...and things became pretty hard, and he had to give up a house he had just bought, and other things...and then on top of it all, he was having heart issues (I assume that's what finally got him).

A few of us here helped him out a bit so that he could make ends meet...one of our other former members, RAMI, was instrumental in getting that put together, and that bit of help seemed to spark somewhat of a life revival for him...and he got back on his feet soon after that, and was doing OK the last 2-3 years...though I lost touch with him when I stopped posting on TRR...so I don't know if his health was failing or if this was totally unexpected.

I trust this cut and paste isn't out of order but it kinda gave some "clarity" to things when I read it..........thanks to Greg L.

"Minerman's wife Patty found my number scribbled on a piece of paper in his wallet, so she called it to tell me the bad news. Apparently he's been having some small seizures lately, but this last one was a big one and they couldn't save him. He was doing what he loved to do, tinkering with his amp gear, moving some speakers around, and it just happened."

:cool:

Damn, that sucks. He always seemed like a nice, good guy. Inquisitive and humble. A sad thing.

RIP, Minerman.

Thanks for letting us know, Armistice.

I trust this cut and paste isn't out of order but it kinda gave some "clarity" to things when I read it..........thanks to Greg L.

"Minerman's wife Patty found my number scribbled on a piece of paper in his wallet, so she called it to tell me the bad news. Apparently he's been having some small seizures lately, but this last one was a big one and they couldn't save him. He was doing what he loved to do, tinkering with his amp gear, moving some speakers around, and it just happened."

:cool:

Thanks for sharing this. Nice to know he was doing what he loved.

I remember Minerman well. We had quite a bit of interaction back in 2012 as he'd seen a thread I did on an isocab build and was going to do likewise. After he'd built one, he did another one having learned from the experience and managed to sidestepped all the problems that came with his first build. I remember when we were interacting, his Dad wasn't well and he was worried about that.
I liked his manner and style.

James and I were friends and talked on the phone and kept up with each other to a certain extent. We met on the now defunct Zoom Home Recording forum and swapped software and played on each others recordings...he really was a master at mixing. Things trailed off after his heart issues, but we did email each other every now and again. Sad day to find out why I had not heard from him in a while.

Back