DAW Users With ADD

I was wondering what all of you sport-addicted guys were going to do.

I'll live but my heart goes out to the kids who spent their entire lives dreaming of going to something like the NCAA tournament and then were denied.

I'm a construction worker so nothing has changed for me. My daughter is still in college and they have cancelled classes, my wife is a cosmetology instructor and they have stopped taking clients for the students, I don't know how this affects their status as this is uncharted territory. My son is a research scientist, they've shut down the University and he's working from home.

We went shopping Friday , at first we went to Sam's club, which was a total disaster so we bailed. We then went to the regular supermarket, which was picked over but nowhere as bad. I'm not in panic mode and I'm guessing the measures that have been taken will restrict the spread of the virus enough to keep things under control. My biggest precaution I have taken is putting a mask on my avatar.

Last edited:
?? Liked the harmonica in Time in a Bottle.

If I recall, Montana had some success in KC. Not so much Farve in NY, or Namath in LA.

I hope everyone is doing okay during these crazy times. It's been business as usual for me, but I think that's about to change.

I hope everyone is doing okay during these crazy times. It's been business as usual for me, but I think that's about to change.

Not business as usual here. I’ve been out of the house about 3 times in 3 weeks, and that just to go to the grocery store. Haven’t seen my grandkids in a month. It’s all surreal. The sun comes out, the weather is getting better, trees are blooming, the internet and tv all works. It’s all so normal and yet nothing is even close to normal.

But so far at least I’m alive and healthy. :thumbs up:

Maybe the scariest part is no one has a clue as to how this all ends. Can you go back to normal? When? How long? Does it come back? Is it seasonal? And how long can the economy hold up with this many people not working?

Meanwhile you have these idiots who want to pretend nothing is going on. Weddings. Bar Mitzvahs. Block parties. Funeral services. I really don’t care if the morons kill themselves. Have at it. But these same people then go to the grocery stores, or pharmacies, or other businesses that have been allowed to stay open and infect the rest of us.

Meanwhile you have these idiots who want to pretend nothing is going on. Weddings. Bar Mitzvahs. Block parties. Funeral services. I really don’t care if the morons kill themselves. Have at it. But these same people then go to the grocery stores, or pharmacies, or other businesses that have been allowed to stay open and infect the rest of us.

I'm a big history guy and this crisis is a perfect example of why people should learn history.

First off, the Spanish flu. I've asked a lot of people about the 1918 outbreak and only a few have even heard about it, much less the details.

Second,real problems, war, earthquakes, etc.. For most people I know or meet, this will be the biggest hardship of their lives. Staying at home is w-a-y better than having no home.

If you really want to get me pissed off, start talking conspiracies. I really don't think the whole world shut down to stop Trump, make big pharma richer and spread the 5G network. I'm putting my money on it being just a nasty virus.

So... old age has officially set in. :(

I managed to trip and fall last night while taking out my recycling bucket. Broke a bone in my shoulder. First broken bone in my entire life.

ER doc says it’s broken in place, which apparently means that everything is where it should be, albeit broken. Wants me to go see an orthopedic surgeon, but doesn’t believe it will require surgery. Mostly just wants him to monitor the healing.

Projected two months recovery. Pretty painful anytime I move it, but relatively ok while it’s still.

I guess on the plus side. I wasn’t going out anywhere anyway.

The Covid groundhog says 8 more weeks of shelter in place! :D

You didn't want to go out in all this mess anyway, right? Now you've got an excuse to have everything brought to you!

Bummer about the fall. Hope you heal up quickly!

So... old age has officially set in. :(

I managed to trip and fall last night while taking out my recycling bucket. Broke a bone in my shoulder. First broken bone in my entire life.

ER doc says it’s broken in place, which apparently means that everything is where it should be, albeit broken. Wants me to go see an orthopedic surgeon, but doesn’t believe it will require surgery. Mostly just wants him to monitor the healing.

Projected two months recovery. Pretty painful anytime I move it, but relatively ok while it’s still.

I guess on the plus side. I wasn’t going out anywhere anyway.

Yikes!

Well at least you weren't going anywhere.;)

Get well soon.

dang dach, I like your attitude towards it.
yeah old age, I worked a old folks pre-nursing home place through college, seems like yesterday but per my age I could sign up!:eek:
down the street they built a small area of 10-15 houses, Golden Slumbers or something...55 and older. .. the downsize years? I thought 55? Senior Citizen?

two months doesn't sound too bad, you'll be jamming in no time.

down the street they built a small area of 10-15 houses, Golden Slumbers or something...55 and older. .. the downsize years? I thought 55? Senior Citizen?

Here’s what I noticed around here. You’ll go visit one of those 55 and over communities. After the visit pay attention, because about 1 mile further down the road will be an assisted living facility. Go another mile you’ll find a nursing home. And then around the corner from that there’ll be a cemetery. :eek:

And there, in the course of a few miles, is the rest of your life, boys. :facepalm:

Back