DAW Users With ADD

Alternate Tunings :

So do you guys use any alternate tunings? If so, do you retune a standard tuned guitar for just a song, or keep a second guitar on hand already tuned that way?

Which tunings do you like?.

I’ve used drop D, which is relatively easy to retune to (one string). But some of the other ones take a bit more time.

And of course when I do retune, I always start the next song having forgotten to retune to standard. :o

I believe everyone should have a couple of six strings laying around just so one can be tuned differently. I think stuff like drop D is cool for easy back and fourth tuning, it's nice to have a dedicated guitar and IMHO even much better to have a specialty set of strings just for that tuning. I'm also a believer in cheap guitars too, so that helps.

I have a Nashville strung guitar that's a 3/4 and it's really cool to play. I also have a B-B baritone that's a lot of fun because the strings are slinkier than a standard guitar.

I believe everyone should have a couple of six strings laying around just so one can be tuned differently. I think stuff like drop D is cool for easy back and fourth tuning, it's nice to have a dedicated guitar and IMHO even much better to have a specialty set of strings just for that tuning. I'm also a believer in cheap guitars too, so that helps.

I have a Nashville strung guitar that's a 3/4 and it's really cool to play. I also have a B-B baritone that's a lot of fun because the strings are slinkier than a standard guitar.

Totally agree. I also like to keep one guitar (at least) tuned and set up for slide playing

I have a Frankenstrat that I keep tuned to open G. Gotta have that for Stones stuff right? You have to admit.......the basic chord formations are pretty easy in that tuning.

one of the laziest easy guitars I had for the open was that Fender Roland G5, turn a knob and youre in G....
or the other alt-tunings. I sold it mint with sticker on it for $500+ and now they go for about $1000.
great damn guitar....and Cant You Hear Me Knockin...sounded like Keef...

one of the laziest easy guitars I had for the open was that Fender Roland G5, turn a knob and youre in G....
or the other alt-tunings. I sold it mint with sticker on it for $500+ and now they go for about $1000.
great damn guitar....and Cant You Hear Me Knockin...sounded like Keef...

Check this out! :eek:

https://www.amazon.in/Roland-G-5-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar/dp/B00VC08INS

Edit: Sorry, I first read that as $49,990 DOLLARS. But it’s actually Amazon India and it’s in Rupees. Approx $725. :o

Last edited:
I had a midi guitar and you could scroll through tunings or make up your own. Too bad is was a cheap piece of shit and didn't last very long.

Well football is here, almost kind of. I watched a bunch of guys who won't be in the league and practice squad players last night.

Well football is here, almost kind of. I watched a bunch of guys who won't be in the league and practice squad players last night.

Yeah, I watched my Texans practice squads lose to youse guys too. Weather looked good, it's feels like 108 down here right now.

That’s what the owners want to do. But they also want to add two additional regular season games. Not sure the players will go for that... but as they say, money talks.

No one I know wants an eighteen game season. It's too rough a sport, a more compelling case could be made for a fourteen game season and expanded playoffs.

I like the current format except that the preseason should go to 2 games instead of 4. My team already has a guard out for a month and a bunch of others who are nicked up. And not related....and even more frustrating.....we also have a guy who has blisters on his feet and will not play unless he gets to use a now illegal helmet. This should be an interesting season.

I like the current format except that the preseason should go to 2 games instead of 4. My team already has a guard out for a month and a bunch of others who are nicked up. And not related....and even more frustrating.....we also have a guy who has blisters on his feet and will not play unless he gets to use a now illegal helmet. This should be an interesting season.

The Steelers knew what they were doing when they dumped him. He suffers from WR disease.

The Steelers knew what they were doing when they dumped him. He suffers from WR disease.

Yup.....there seems to be a whole new class of WR's that are "privileged". We'll see if my team knew what it was doing in picking him up. It's too early for Steeler fans to breathe a sigh of relief..........even if it feels good to do that right now. Time will tell.....and there's little doubt that this guy is gonna be in the hall. As for my team......I'm not worried about AB. My main worry is about Carr. Is he the real deal or not?

No one I know wants an eighteen game season. It's too rough a sport, a more compelling case could be made for a fourteen game season and expanded playoffs.

I didn’t pay real close attention to the 18 game proposal (mostly because I don’t see it happening). But I think I recall mention that individual players would be limited to 16 games ea. Weird. Your team plays 18, but you can only play in 16 of them.

I didn’t pay real close attention to the 18 game proposal (mostly because I don’t see it happening). But I think I recall mention that individual players would be limited to 16 games ea. Weird. Your team plays 18, but you can only play in 16 of them.

That'll never fly. It amounts to adding two more pre-season games. Most teams would probably tank their toughest games and play the odds.

Imagine the uproar when paying fans attend a game where both teams sit their stars.

That'll never fly. It amounts to adding two more pre-season games. Most teams would probably tank their toughest games and play the odds.

Imagine the uproar when paying fans attend a game where both teams sit their stars.
I’m sure it was a way the owners thought they could get the player’s union to buy in. Meanwhile they get gate revenue for 2 additional games.

The positive for me would be that they’d have to sit Eli for at least two games, lol. :)

Back