DAW Users With ADD

That’s certainly true. I don’t have a charcoal grill, but the ones I do on my propane grill still come out pretty decent. Little dry rub and sautéed mushrooms. :thumbs up: :)

I'm rocking a side by side combo. Gas for burgers, brats and Italians, charcoal for steak and chicken. Each side is small, but it's usually just the two of us these days anyways.

Do you do the wood chips too? Or is that just for smoking meats?

Oh, I forgot it's got a smoker too. You can use wood chips along with charcoal but mainly for smoking meats. I've done a few chickens and some pork shoulders. It's kind of like home brewing to me, you've got to love the process as much as the product to make it worth your while.

bombs still going off around here.... didn't do anything but yard work and potato salad, ordered a SM81 to compare to PG81 I picked up.
its odd the daughters gone and sons working, I skipped the bbq ....no more sprinklers and police coming to the house.
Last time went to the 4th there were so many people it took hours to get home within a 10mile drive of 1 mph driving and overpopulation.
Been there done that.

the dogs are freaking out, lol....

Attachments

• george doobie.png
    george doobie.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
Truly the most boring Fourth of my life. Went to see the parade and didn't bother taking any pictures because they would be exactly the same as the twenty years worth of pictures. Went to a block party thrown by my favorite bar only to find out for the first time in four years there was no entertainment. Move on the the park which was crowded and they had kiddie acts on stage , the real bands didn't start till later. Got home, cooked something on the grill and was in bed before the fireworks.

My dog hates fireworks too, and not only does she hear the county fireworks, there's no shortage of people who have their own fireworks displays.:rolleyes: So there was that too.

I got sucked into the US Womens Soccer world cup run the past couple of weeks. Watched a lot or all of most of their games.

Not ready to say I’m a fan, but it was interesting. My take is the European squads have much better ball handling skills. And the US goal tending is adequate, at best. So not sure what sets the US team apart. I think it could be their team defense. They don’t need a great goalkeeper, as their defense doesn’t allow a lot of great shots. Could also be that they’re deeper, too. Not much fall off when they substitute.

Im a bit mad at myself...had a 6 pack of Italian Hot Sausages go to waste because I got ADD and spaced them...before getting to the BBQ. arrggg!

Making some good progress in the HR room though, dynamics are great for window ac and fan noise. Cheap Boom stand springs were horrific but some foam and electrical tape, muted..... for now I have a Budget version of the Shure SM7b + SM81..($700)..vocal, acoustic setup with a MXL BCD1 + ShurePG81...($150)
Bass is always the most fun these days, DI, sounds smooth and chilled...watched Warren Huarts Step 1 Mixing, which is a lot like Geoff Emericks….MONO man!
start with it all centered.....if it can sound decent in Mono, it will probably really sound good in stereo.

noise...room noise... SM7b for a re-buy? hmm re-test comparison?
LDC require hot boxing...ac,fans off..sweating while playing....but even then the LDC condensor picks up doors around the house slamming. wtf?

25yrs in this house, should have been paid off by 2010 but the D caused a re-fi.... its in need of some first world upgrading, all this house remodeling crap makes a
$700 SM7b & SM81 seem cheap. ...maybe the new floor can wait? lol :listeningmusic:

Just a sports fan in general.........but in most sports if a beats another team 13-0 it’s stretching the obvious to say that it was just luck. A little credit where it’s obviously due.

Im a bit mad at myself...had a 6 pack of Italian Hot Sausages go to waste because I got ADD and spaced them...before getting to the BBQ. arrggg!

Making some good progress in the HR room though, dynamics are great for window ac and fan noise. Cheap Boom stand springs were horrific but some foam and electrical tape, muted..... for now I have a Budget version of the Shure SM7b + SM81..($700)..vocal, acoustic setup with a MXL BCD1 + ShurePG81...($150)
Bass is always the most fun these days, DI, sounds smooth and chilled...watched Warren Huarts Step 1 Mixing, which is a lot like Geoff Emericks….MONO man!
start with it all centered.....if it can sound decent in Mono, it will probably really sound good in stereo.

noise...room noise... SM7b for a re-buy? hmm re-test comparison?
LDC require hot boxing...ac,fans off..sweating while playing....but even then the LDC condensor picks up doors around the house slamming. wtf?

25yrs in this house, should have been paid off by 2010 but the D caused a re-fi.... its in need of some first world upgrading, all this house remodeling crap makes a
$700 SM7b & SM81 seem cheap. ...maybe the new floor can wait? lol :listeningmusic:

I record in my basement. There is a refrigerator down there. It’s pretty quiet, and when the compressor is on you have to strain to hear it. Put a condenser mic and some headphones into the equation and it’s like you’re in a jet engine test tunnel. :eek:

Tough decisions... quiet recordings or cold beer. :)

Did I mention that I'm not excited about the Packers this year?

I am P O'd because I subscribed to the stupid att u200 specifically for the NFL channel and those a-ho's discontinued it earlier this year as they couldn't reach an agreement on money. All the crappy ass channels they will pay for an no NFL. Sux.

I had NFL Sunday Ticket my first year with Direct TV and while it was nice, I didn't think it was worth the price. It sucks always being stuck with divisional games when there are better games on. I do have the Wisconsin sports channel, mainly for Badgers football, but I also get Bucks and Brewers games.

urge to paint the old inside house...too lazy....quotes came in at $2100...
we started painting with some sample colors and ended up realizing we could slop it on for $200.
this left me thinking I could re-buy SM7b...and continue my original side interest of getting the Shure mic collection somewhat..
kind of bummed as just got a brand new one at $334 (not $399)....because most used 7b people want $300+shipping so brand new it is.
but then some dude has a mint used one for $175 and thats what I want for used price...daaaang.

the paint job went on 2 weeks...but now the slop job shows trim and other non-life importance but....in hindsight, taping and being careful could have saved a lot of touch up time...

kind of like slowing down and getting great Tracking and not trying to fix crap in the mix with 300 edits...

rant over

Oh........trust me....we've all been there with the "easy" paint job.........that turns into a never ending dab here dab there nightmare. I never ever will do any sizable room paint job without taping first. And oh.....by the way.....use the best tape. That green stuff works great!!! Yup....I know...too little too late for you.

Alternate Tunings :

So do you guys use any alternate tunings? If so, do you retune a standard tuned guitar for just a song, or keep a second guitar on hand already tuned that way?

Which tunings do you like?.

I’ve used drop D, which is relatively easy to retune to (one string). But some of the other ones take a bit more time.

And of course when I do retune, I always start the next song having forgotten to retune to standard. :o

Back