DAW Users With ADD

Come to NJ where they bone you on property taxes, sales taxes AND income taxes. (Not to mention bridges, tunnels and toll roads) :(

NJ and their "toll Roads" I am sure they have paid an engineer to purposely make the road signage screwed up so that you miss your exit or off ramp and have to go an extra 5 miles to turn around and pay a toll or two in the process.
Pretty sure every time I have driven there I have been burned ...course it's been a few years and I wasn't using google maps then...maybe now I can cruise through without the double penalty...

I think my concert days are over. The last few “concerts” I attended were on Blu-ray DVDs. Cheaper and better seats. :)

The wife and I got free tickets to Coachella a few years back...some big ass 3 day festival out in the middle of the desert here in Cali...Damn drove out there took forever to park...then we had to take a shuttle for miles only to have to walk through a gazillion people and there about a half mile from where we were standing was the stage and there these tiny people on it...But hey there were big ass big screens all over the place where you could watch and actually see who those little people were...OMG it's the Eagles...yeah kinda sounded like the Eagles...hmmmm? The wife says to me as we stand in this ocean of people...what are we doing here?....If I wanted to watch a concert on a big screen I"d rather do it in my living room than here in this intimate setting with a half million people... Looked at her and said damn.....lets blow this taco stand...and we left...

So the big ass concerts no way any more...but I'm 5 years younger than you so I am still up for small venue stuff like up to maybe 500 people...The wife...not so much

NJ and their "toll Roads" I am sure they have paid an engineer to purposely make the road signage screwed up so that you miss your exit or off ramp and have to go an extra 5 miles to turn around and pay a toll or two in the process.
Pretty sure every time I have driven there I have been burned ...course it's been a few years and I wasn't using google maps then...maybe now I can cruise through without the double penalty...
Lol. My ex-wife once got on the Nj Turnpike and about 20 miles later when she saw a sign for the Lincoln Tunnel she realized was going in the wrong direction. And she lives here! :eek: :D

The wife and I got free tickets to Coachella a few years back...some big ass 3 day festival out in the middle of the desert here in Cali...Damn drove out there took forever to park...then we had to take a shuttle for miles only to have to walk through a gazillion people and there about a half mile from where we were standing was the stage and there these tiny people on it...But hey there were big ass big screens all over the place where you could watch and actually see who those little people were...OMG it's the Eagles...yeah kinda sounded like the Eagles...hmmmm? The wife says to me as we stand in this ocean of people...what are we doing here?....If I wanted to watch a concert on a big screen I"d rather do it in my living room than here in this intimate setting with a half million people... Looked at her and said damn.....lets blow this taco stand...and we left...

So the big ass concerts no way any more...but I'm 5 years younger than you so I am still up for small venue stuff like up to maybe 500 people...The wife...not so much

I was never a concert person, probably been to less than ten in my life. Of course we have something called "Summerfest" in Milwaukee and I've seen lots of big acts there. I've come the same conclusion as you but from a different direction. I don't understand why a person doesn't want to pay a $3-$5 cover charge at a local bar to support a guy with a day job but willingly pays $8 for a warm flat beer after being herded and waiting in line forever to go see ants on a stage when they could be sitting right up front with an ice cold bottle. Of course the "concert" act is more talented, maybe even perfect, but personally I prefer the rawness of a club and like to soak up the mojo rays.

The weather
It's still April here, someone is behind schedule.

LATER!!!

I was never a concert person, probably been to less than ten in my life. Of course we have something called "Summerfest" in Milwaukee and I've seen lots of big acts there. I've come the same conclusion as you but from a different direction. I don't understand why a person doesn't want to pay a $3-$5 cover charge at a local bar to support a guy with a day job but willingly pays $8 for a warm flat beer after being herded and waiting in line forever to go see ants on a stage when they could be sitting right up front with an ice cold bottle. Of course the "concert" act is more talented, maybe even perfect, but personally I prefer the rawness of a club and like to soak up the mojo rays.

The weather
It's still April here, someone is behind schedule.

LATER!!!

The number of bars out here with live entertainment these days is far and few between. :(

Plus the ones that do have start times right about when I’m putting on my pajamas. :o. :)

I went to a live event past weekend and it was a great sound system, the sound guy on bluetooth walking around with the e-pad and no one at the mixing board..... there were several stages.... at times more than one stage going on.

when the last band came on at Midnight+.....another part of the "bar area" turned on Karaoke for the other type guests....so if you stood outside you could hear the Live Band playing while the Karaoke singers were drink-singing...

not trying to judge, just stating an observation of weirdness...imo

great sound systems to be on the up attitude side, makes the bands sound really really good. that seems to be the "new norm"...I cant even remember hearing feedback anymore its been that long ago, not like the bar bands in the 70's and 80's I heard with feedback troubles as normal.

great sound systems to be on the up attitude side, makes the bands sound really really good. that seems to be the "new norm"...I cant even remember hearing feedback anymore its been that long ago, not like the bar bands in the 70's and 80's I heard with feedback troubles as normal.

I think they play at sensible volumes now, my recollection of the 80's would be bands playing so loud you had no idea what they were playing.

Any consolation that you lost to the ultimate champs, cheeseboy?

I became a Raptors fan right after losing to them for precisely that reason.

I'm wondering if the Brewers are in the same position. I don't get too excited about baseball until August, it's a long season. The Packers are a complete unknown at this point, anyone who thinks they know are talking out of their ass.

The weather
Nice, although it seems like we're a month behind.

Life
The sunroom I had built in 2004 has a rotted floor in spots. The guy who built it didn't install a proper drip edge. My summer vacation will be spent ripping apart the steps, trim and floor. Between time and money it'll be a month of my life spent fixing the problem. I would've preferred my efforts would be put toward a vacation or working in the garden, but that's how life goes sometimes.

LATER!!!

Life
The sunroom I had built in 2004 has a rotted floor in spots. The guy who built it didn't install a proper drip edge. My summer vacation will be spent ripping apart the steps, trim and floor. Between time and money it'll be a month of my life spent fixing the problem. I would've preferred my efforts would be put toward a vacation or working in the garden, but that's how life goes sometimes.

LATER!!!
I have an Anderson sliding patio door I bought several years back. Nine years after I bought it, the vinyl cladding on the outside of one of the doors started to come unglued. The word is delaminating, although I didn’t know it at the time until I called Anderson to complain.

Anyway, door had a ten year warranty, so they shipped me a replacement free of charge. But of course I had to pay someone to take the old one out and install the new one. :(

Then a year or two later the same thing started happening with the other door. But of course now it’s out of warranty. :mad:

I’ve tried glueing it, and it’s better, but I’m sure water is still getting between the vinyl and the wood every time it rains. And I’m sure it’s slowly rotting the wood - so thanks for reminding me with your post. :o

Btw, pretty sure that sucky Anderson door is built in Wisconsin. :p

F-day was rescheduled kind of in D/FW hail and tornado alerts...
Son and I had a delayed Steak dinner last night.

I gave up on my DIY BBQ because I just wasn't very good and the Texas Roadhouse was and it had sides and it was cheaper for 2 people.

But last night we revisited SaltGrass Steak House another upper-ended middle line place, like a MIM Strat maybe...where the Roadhouse is a Squier that tastes great but being cheaper and familys its constantly packed and frkn HappyBrthDay singing every 30 minutes and 300 people walking by your table also comes with that....so the SaltGrass was better in atmosphere, but the NewYork Strip wasn't very good for more money.

Ive still not found my perfect steak for me.

Ive yet to try the bragged about $250 Steak houses, Im skeptical already.

I also have dropped all the effects on steaks, no more sauce and mushrooms...I love that stuff but Im in search of the best steak I can find for cheap still and removing all the "effects" is like taking all the reverb, delay and chorus and distortion off the guitar and having a Fender Tele into a Fender Tube amp ..real straight forward plain steak with Chefs spices whatever.

I also dont mind paying for atmosphere, which is like paying for rolled edges on a well setup neck and good polish job on a guitar... versus familys and teenager waiters and 300 people herding by my table while I eat.

SaltGrass was more money, almost double and the steak wasn't as good. Like paying double for a Deluxe guitar of $1200 and you like your old 15yr old Squier better.

I find the BBQ sauces a whole other field of a mountain of sampling and some are so good you could put it on poop and it would taste good. So that's different than finding a GREAT steak ….. that's plain...and cheap.

but that's where the war is...like battle of the Ramseys...do you spend a bunch for Chef Ramseys "top line" "high cost" 5 star stuff vs the Dave Ramsey- Price Cut for the best cheapest steak approach.

DIY....steaks is interesting because one learns and saves money and yet the atmosphere is not of being waited on, but then no bill comes at the end either....hmmm?

<this post is brought to you by Doughnut Shop Coffee>

Attachments

• Ramsey.png
    Ramsey.png
    226.5 KB · Views: 1
I used to do the Ruth Chris and Morton’s when I was able to eat out on the company dime. Really good steaks, but like $60 for a NY Strip. Does that come with a baked potato? No, but you can order one for another $10. :eek:

$60 and it comes with... nothing!

But really good steaks. :)

I haven’t been back since I retired. :o

Company dime..lol...that would be a good setting to test them all out.
I could skip the potato thanks!

Ruth Chris...I have to try one soon, NY Strip...their website says :

Superior Cuts
We specialize in custom-aged USDA Prime midwestern beef—the finest 2% on the market—broiled exactly the way you like it to lock in the flavor.

Having been to high end steakhouses I can say that there's nothing you can't do as well at home. Buy a good piece of meat and cook on a charcoal grill. Pretty simple. I'm insulted by the shitty salad and soup that a lot of these places serve.

The weather
Cool and rainy, but that's going to change this week. My poor daughter, she works two jobs, one for the county parks pools, and they've canceled work most days because of the temps.

Taking out the FIL for lunch today with the family and not much else planned.

LATER!!!

Having been to high end steakhouses I can say that there's nothing you can't do as well at home. Buy a good piece of meat and cook on a charcoal grill. Pretty simple. I'm insulted by the shitty salad and soup that a lot of these places serve.
That’s certainly true. I don’t have a charcoal grill, but the ones I do on my propane grill still come out pretty decent. Little dry rub and sautéed mushrooms. :thumbs up: :)

Back