DAW Users With ADD

Its sellers market in North Dallas too.
For me its no good, Ive been here forever and the house is run down and the "appraisal" goes up and up and up....
Last time I fought city apprasiers the real estate agent said my house was under $60k of appraisal but...the City Tax crew sent me a letter saying the decided my house was appraised right. Its tripled in value in 25 almost to the dollar.
I suppose I need to get a Real Estate reviewer to check my place again.
The thing is when I fought the appraisal and won, the amount was $10k lowered and then savings wasn't much.

Im paying about $6k taxes for 1/8 acre lot, with house....its ridiculous. Texas doesn't have state tax, but they bone you on property taxes to make up for it.

If you don't plan on selling your house there is no advantage to a higher appraisal.

During the 00's housing boom a lot of people were buying out of their price range rationalizing that it's their retirement account. Stupid, stupid, stupid. There's going to be a glut of McMansions in the future. Some people identify with their house or their car and I guess it's a personal choice, but it's not a good financial decision. Besides paying more for the home you are paying more for taxes and more for interest, not to mention energy and upkeep bills. If you put that money into some kind of financial account you would be w-a-y ahead. Of course you wouldn't get to live in a big house, again a personal choice.

I'm somewhat taken aback when I hear people say their house isn't big enough. I grew up in an age where a family of eight would get raised in a cigar box home. We had six in our family, I shared a bedroom and we only had one bathroom.

The trend around here has move from a focus on the suburbs and country to city living. People want to be near things and be able to socialize. I was at a wedding and in a conversation with another guest the guy told me that he could never live in the city and that he hated it. I told him I liked it because I like to go out and do things. His wife had this sad look on her face.

The Wisconsin Illinois border has a lot of housing development on the Wisconsin side. A lot of people work in Illinois but live in Wisconsin because the housing and cost of living are so much cheaper here.

yeah and being an old elder now, the one bedroom apartments cost more than my 4 bedroom?
its nuts around here, but being back home to Iowa I realize its not that much difference up there as in apartment monthly costs being $800-$1200 for a apartment. geeez?

a builder mentioned its impossible to make profit on small homes today, the costs of crews and parts, etc... he said you cant build new for $40,000 and make any money. So larger homes for much more keeps the "inflation- equation? going....

Im the trail end of the baby boomers, junk food and credit cards and internet, and now looking to Dave Ramsey for help...late in the 4th quarter of the game...post divorces and layoffs and life.... then Suzy Orman says "you need $5 million to retire!! buy my book!!!"

geez.... ADD....my coworker had a massive heart attack, living in the city he survived, if hed been in the country or waited another 30min to1hr the doc said he'd been dead.

weird times....Nursing Homes will be playing Led Zepplin and the White Album instead of Lawrence Welk...

Im paying about $6k taxes for 1/8 acre lot, with house....its ridiculous. Texas doesn't have state tax, but they bone you on property taxes to make up for it.
Come to NJ where they bone you on property taxes, sales taxes AND income taxes. (Not to mention bridges, tunnels and toll roads) :(

The only good news is they have a program called Senior Freeze. If you are over 65, and have lived in your house for 5+ years, they will freeze your property tax at current levels. I’m 70, so I essentially haven’t had a property tax increase in 5 years. :thumbs up: Of course I can’t move - even within NJ - as you lose the “5 years in the same house” qualifier. :rolleyes:

Btw, my daughter accepted the $30k over asking offer and signed contracts. Now she’s worried that the house won’t appraise sufficiently high enough for the buyers to get a mortgage. But that was going to be a problem in one way or another with all 3 offers. Fingers crossed.

Im the trail end of the baby boomers, junk food and credit cards and internet, and now looking to Dave Ramsey for help...late in the 4th quarter of the game...post divorces and layoffs and life.... then Suzy Orman says "you need $5 million to retire!! buy my book!!!"

These people make money off saying you need lots of money to retire. What the hell kind of life style do you want in your old age that you have to have 5 million? I have never made 5 million to date and everything seemed fine. I think these money management people have a conflict of interest.

Pisses me off cause they scare the crap out of me, I am not even close to a million.

I mean really, they are saying you have to be a millionaire to sit around and throw rocks at kids on you lawn?

Sold a Rane rack Preamp...$200...second time posted due to no offers, this time offer of $150 ..I took it.

Then Reverb charges $9.95 in fees? Im at $140.
Oh well...and Im yet to ship it...-$$$$ expecting $40 shipping? < shipping was $26 with $5 signature required>

so basically sold a dual preamp, in mint condition, an excellent clean preamp, for $100?

my hobby seems to be "buy stuff, then sell it at a loss".....:confused:

$114... next up for auction is......

Last edited:
my hobby seems to be "buy stuff, then sell it at a loss".....:confused:

:laughings::laughings::laughings:

And there is really no way around it. Unless, of course, you buy really expensive stuff that tends to gain value. But you basically have to be rich to do that. So, yeah, most of us in the middle are screwed. Just try to be happy and enjoy it while it happens. :D

Football
The Giants have quickly gone from one of the classiest and more respected organizations in the NFL, to a bunch of clowns. :mad:

First they don’t draft a QB last year, despite having the #2 pick. Then they re-sign Beckham for big bucks, only to turn around and trade him - and not get equal value in the process. They let several of their best defensive players walk. And the latest is last nights draft. They spend a #6 pick on a QB that they could have easily had with their #17 pick. WTF?

Not sure I’ll be watching much football in the near future.

Mister Double Q, if you’re listening, the Jets have finally surpassed the Giants as an organization. Their moves of the last two years have been right on, while the G-Men are absolutely clueless!

Football
The Packers once again have a reach pick hoping to beat the draft, but will it beat them? I'm not excited at all about the upcoming season as it appears to be a complete mystery. Unlike previous years we have the Bucks and Brewers keeping us interested in something other than football.

Good news
My son graduates in two weeks and he has a temporary job on a research project. He had contemplated taking a job in a non-related field but got this offer in the last moment. Even though it's temporary, it is experience and hopefully he can build on it.

The weekend
Working around the house. I've been sick and I'm behind on everything.

LATER!!!

Good news
My son graduates in two weeks and he has a temporary job on a research project. He had contemplated taking a job in a non-related field but got this offer in the last moment. Even though it's temporary, it is experience and hopefully he can build on it.

LATER!!!
Congrats! Having a son with a college degree is something to be proud of.

Even better? Having a son with a job. :D

Congrats on the son graduating and the job. The resume builds..

those years were strange imo, you get pushed to finish HS like something big is going to happen...but nothing happens. You need "training" aka college.

Then its the same, college!....then you graduate and they say "sorry... you need experience."

For years nothing happened...some job opened up and basically got some "experience" in the field.
then! after a couple years and experience, I could start whoring myself out, and made more and more to the highest bidder as the resume grew. Then topped out and it was either, 2nd job or get more "training/college"....or maybe play golf with the boss's crowd....I did neither. I instead started my hobby of Home Recording and have been broke ever since.

Well, it's on to the next phase....

Attachments

• IMG_20190511_161554381_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190511_161554381_HDR.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20190511_121353889_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190511_121353889_HDR.jpg
    445.3 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 3
Congrats. One more and it’s on to the good life! :D

I think i heard it has rained here something like 30 of the last 32 days. It’s getting pretty old, although everything is “Seattle green” right now. Today it’s raining again, and like 46 degrees. C’mon, it’s May already. :mad:

I put some flowers out on my deck like 2 weeks ago. They’re still alive, but probably not too happy.

Yankees have had 14 guys on the Injured List this year so far. It’s like watching their Class AAA affiliate. But amazingly, after yesterday they are only 1/2 game out of first place.

Bucks are looking good. Could be the Eastern champs. But then, unfortunately, they’ll get the Warriors.

I think i heard it has rained here something like 30 of the last 32 days. It’s getting pretty old, although everything is “Seattle green” right now. Today it’s raining again, and like 46 degrees. C’mon, it’s May already. :mad:

I put some flowers out on my deck like 2 weeks ago. They’re still alive, but probably not too happy.

Yankees have had 14 guys on the Injured List this year so far. It’s like watching their Class AAA affiliate. But amazingly, after yesterday they are only 1/2 game out of first place.

Bucks are looking good. Could be the Eastern champs. But then, unfortunately, they’ll get the Warriors.

Ol' Al Roker on the today show was just saying something about the whole country having something like the wettest may so far in modern history. I am getting pretty leery.

They sure don't get any press for how good they've been. It's a combination of coast bias and them being a drama free team. I welcome the chance to take on the Warriors if it indeed happens.

The talk of weather is timely as my son's internship involves studying the weather.:cool:

WILDFLOWER is this weekend, used to go, several years missed, maybe this year ...

GrandFunkRailroad….GuessWho….BlueOysterCult and some others and many local bands....beer and brats...

Friday -Sat- Sunday... Saturday predicted Thunderstorms.

Back