DAW Users With ADD

Re: March Madness - I read that somebody (1 person - was still 2 until the 48th) has picked all 48 games in the the brackets. 39 was the highest ever before. Whoever it is should be buying powerball tickets...

I bought powerball tickets.. Thinking my mic deal was good enough luck to try for lottery money!

I saw that too.

Lot of favorites hanging around this year. I think two brackets have the 1-2-3-4 seeds, and one has the 1-2-3-5 seeds still alive.
yeah, the brackets champ “went straight chalk” (new phrase to non-gambler/brackets me) for the s16, ie he has picked the higher seeds in all games. There’s probably a pool on which game will break the run :)

Good morning!
I've been in kind of a daze the past couple of weeks, but things are looking up.

The weather
You know it's nice when you let the dog out and she doesn't want to come back in.It would be even nicer if I didn't live so close to Lake Michigan. Fired up the grill for the first time yesterday and I'm considering putting out the lawn furniture. Of course being in Wisconsin I can't put the snow shovel away until July.

Sports
Go Bucks, Go Brewers. I really needed another distraction to keep me from getting things done,

Music
I've been playing around with my Boss VE8 a lot more lately, and it's really a nice piece of gear. I'm working on doing some looping, I just need to work out the structure of the songs.

LATER!!!

Looks like winter’s not quite over in your neck of the woods, CH1. :eek: :eek:

It was t-shirt weather the day before, today it's blustery and around freezing. I worked outside till 7:00 about 90 miles north of Milwaukee and we were getting buried. People in the ditches like they forgot how to winter drive already.

Today was a "fuck you boss" day, my level of GAF is in the red zone right now.

Was 90 deg F here in Houston yesterday. Normal spring day.

I lived in Houston for a couple of years. 6 months of 90-90 days. 90 degrees with 90% humidity. :(

Of course, given what’s going on in the plains states right now, it doesn’t seem so bad.

I lived in Houston for a couple of years. 6 months of 90-90 days. 90 degrees with 90% humidity. :(

Of course, given what’s going on in the plains states right now, it doesn’t seem so bad.

The first summer I lived here one of the local radio stations used to do the weather like this: "And now the weather. You know the drill" and that was it.

The first summer I lived here one of the local radio stations used to do the weather like this: "And now the weather. You know the drill" and that was it.
I know what you mean. “Today will be in the 90s, with 90% humidity, and a 20% chance of rain.”

Every fricking day, lol. :)

Where are you in Houston? I was up north. Spring, TX actually. But I worked downtown at Greenway Plaza. What a fun commute. :rolleyes:

I know what you mean. “Today will be in the 90s, with 90% humidity, and a 20% chance of rain.”

Every fricking day, lol. :)

Where are you in Houston? I was up north. Spring, TX actually. But I worked downtown at Greenway Plaza. What a fun commute. :rolleyes:

Thats totally weird, cuz work in greenway plaza and live up northwest in Cypress. They have pretty much finished the 10 year 290 expansion though so it isn't quite the nightmare it was. Plus they have dual purpose HOV/bus lane and i ride a motorcycle 8- 9 months a year so that saves a bunch of time. Wouldn't live off of 45 for any amount, though one of the guys i work with does live in Spring.

It just so happens that Spring was the fastest growing city in the country in 2017 IIRC. High in the mid nineties, low in the seventies, slight chance of rain. Yeah

I hear the "fastest growing city" thing around here too..its been booming and totally transforming from country/burbs to rush hour traffic environment.
From 25yr home owners to leasee's and junk burbs. Funny when I moved here the "country folk with horses were moving out because "we" arrived with our tract homes everywhere".....now its my turn I guess?

Not all bad, having the stores is ok, home depots , etc...a lot of restaurants. A healthy Craigslist of used gear. Speaking of that I need to sell some stuff sitting around. preamps, studio speakers, and junk....

My daughter put her house on the market last Friday. As of yesterday she had 3 offers on it. One for asking price, one for $20k over asking price, and one for $30k over asking price. :eek: :eek:

I’m completely shocked.

Of course they haven’t found a new place yet, and I think her husband is getting cold feet about moving at all. Wtf? A little late in the process maybe, lol. The real estate agent went back to all 3 buyers and told them she would present their “best and final” offers today.

My daughter put her house on the market last Friday. As of yesterday she had 3 offers on it. One for asking price, one for $20k over asking price, and one for $30k over asking price. :eek: :eek:

I’m completely shocked.

Of course they haven’t found a new place yet, and I think her husband is getting cold feet about moving at all. Wtf? A little late in the process maybe, lol. The real estate agent went back to all 3 buyers and told them she would present their “best and final” offers today.

It's a seller's market here as well. Sales are down, but it's because of lack of inventory. My across the alley neighbor sold his house on the first day for over the asking price. The problem is when you go to buy a house it becomes a wash.

It's a seller's market here as well. Sales are down, but it's because of lack of inventory. My across the alley neighbor sold his house on the first day for over the asking price. The problem is when you go to buy a house it becomes a wash.
Yep, it’s all funny money in the end.

I had a friend who was talking about alimony once. His take was thst there was actually only one guy who really paid alimony, the rest just passed it around.

Since I never remarried, I guess I was the guy who paid. :o

Its sellers market in North Dallas too.
For me its no good, Ive been here forever and the house is run down and the "appraisal" goes up and up and up....
Last time I fought city apprasiers the real estate agent said my house was under $60k of appraisal but...the City Tax crew sent me a letter saying the decided my house was appraised right. Its tripled in value in 25 almost to the dollar.
I suppose I need to get a Real Estate reviewer to check my place again.
The thing is when I fought the appraisal and won, the amount was $10k lowered and then savings wasn't much.

Im paying about $6k taxes for 1/8 acre lot, with house....its ridiculous. Texas doesn't have state tax, but they bone you on property taxes to make up for it.

Back