DAW Users With ADD

Your post reminds me of the scam where a criminal puts a very small charge on a bill and because it's so small you don't notice it. Do it on enough accounts and the criminal becomes rich.

There are so many ways to spend money on internet, cable and phone, I'm sure lots of people are being being crushed. The antenna is a viable alternative to TV, not much you can do about the phone or DATA plans.
I still have a land line (from the cable company) but I could easily drop it and just use my cell for everything. Both of my kids do that. Neither of them has a land line.

As for TV, I already get my TV over the internet (Playstation Vue). $50 a month and no cable box rental fees. Youtube has a similar package for just $40 a month. Both include an unlimited DVR too.

So it’s just internet that really still ties me to the cable company. And maybe once the 5G cellular network is done, that chain could go too.

You woukd think these idiots coukd see the handwriting on the wall and start getting realistic with their prices. I have a promotional package deal with them, but every year I have to call them and jump through hoops to get it renewed or the price goes back to “list price.” And then when you’re not looking they keep slipping these nuisance things like modem rental fees under the door. :rolleyes:

$10 a month for a $40 modem. That’s a business I’d like to get in on.

congrats. grand kids....Im not there yet but I hear they are great.

Son did his taxes, also about 30% less back, no changes of income.
So this "middle class" promise of "it'll be great!!" was another capital hill lie it seems. Whose surprised?
From $800 down to $600 refund. I guess the Hill knows no one can do anything about it. I admit I didn't vote for Trump or Hillary..lol
so they say I cant complain, but I just couldn't get behind either of them.

It’s worse when you retire. Your kids seem to think you have nothing to do but watch THEIR kids. :rolleyes:

My wife is the type who would love nothing more than watching grandkids all day. She doesn't want our adult children to grow up. :rolleyes:

Winter
Just fuck off, I mean it, FUCK OFF!:mad:

I can't recall ever being as grumpy as I have been lately. It's all winter's fault.

Sports
It's upside down in Wisconsin, the Packers suck, the Brewers and Bucks are doing really well. It looks like we have a chance at having the NBA MVP this year after having the MLB NL MVP last year. Having five guys on a side makes the NBA MVP very valuable as far as impact, but it can be a crutch. I've watched more Bucks games this year than I have in the last twenty, but it seems like all the games are won by #34.

The most positive thing about this is that it's the first year in a new building, that takes the bite out of the political fight it took to build it. You never want to field a shitty team in a new building.

Today
My wife and daughter stayed overnight downtown for an anime convention so I've been flying solo, being very lazy and non productive. I have been working on a few covers, but haven't made much progress. Oh well.

LATER!!!

sad funny and true...
ive become one, and it becomes "normal".
my kids now mid 20's.
I work with all elders 66-67 and 50% 76-78.
I hear it and watch it everyday....the 75+ coworkers go to the doctor visits, seems constantly, the cancer spots, the radiation, chemo, the massive heart attacks.... and then they go back to work, the broken bones for unknown reasons and the routine life seems to be the 70's, and these are healthy 70yr olds, imo, sharp and exercise 3 times a week...very healthy. The 60's dudes seem the happiest as if they made it through the stressed 50 decade and now have found some new outlook, like times ticking....and maybe the bucket list or whatever.

seems its now a decade view of hindsight clarity......20's, 30's, 40's, 50's...60's just a shot away....70's is like the last, then the 80's for some, so few make it into the 90's.

haaahhaa its bizzare as life itself.

Walk Hard....

Attachments

• walk hard.jpg
    walk hard.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 0
Another year older and not quite so deep in debt!
Well, I turned 58 yesterday and realized I hadn't been here to do more than read since before Halloween...
Computer is up and running. Software is all installed. After a couple of years off, I feel like I'm starting over, and my ears aren't where they were...hopefully I just need more listening experience and not having hearing loss.
Getting some royalties checks and applying them to our medical debt. It's helping.

Work
Work has hit new lows..it's hard to get the muster to go in every day. Management does not seem capable of compliments anymore, and if you do 99 things right, they'll only mention the 1 you didn't get to or got wrong...

Church
Church is AMAZING. Worship services are off the chain, our new pastor is on FIRE! I love my second job...

Weather
Hasn't gotten under freezing here all winter but about three days...insects will be HORRIFYING this year. :eek:

Hopefully I will be back sooner than 4 months, but if not...see you then.

Keeping the thread warm
I'm going to turn it over a little bit so it doesn't get bed sores.

Work
I'm off today, the boss posted the usual "we're slow. so take days off if you want " message, so here I am. It's below zero today, a rare occurrence in March, that's why I took it. This winter has been horrible and I have been both mentally and physically worn out. only two or three moths until things become civilized around here.

Today
Going grocery shopping and finally taking our taxes in. It's nice to have a weekday to do chores and avoid the weekend rush.

Sports
Go Bucks!I've watched more games in the last couple moths than I have in the last two decades.

While not a big basketball fan, I have always enjoyed March Madness. Real competition, or damn close.

LATER!!!

Sports
Go Bucks!I've watched more games in the last couple moths than I have in the last two decades.

While not a big basketball fan, I have always enjoyed March Madness. Real competition, or damn close.

LATER!!!
They’re talking up the Greek Freak for MVP.

Unfortunately the NYC basketball teams are mostly unwatchable. :(

They’re talking up the Greek Freak for MVP.

Unfortunately the NYC basketball teams are mostly unwatchable. :(

Of course the Bucks just lost two in a row the first time this season AND lost to the worst team in the NBA at home. :eek::eek::eek:

It was cold today, my calendar says March, my thermometer says January.

Fear the Deer!
I go to bed last night with the Bucks down by twenty at halftime just to wake up and find out they won by fifteen. WOW! This team might just be for real, it's their lack of any previous accomplishments that keeps me from going all in on them.

The weather
At the midway point in March and things seem to be on the upswing, following a nasty winter. My mental and physical heath seem to be improving. :)

Work
Slowing down and I'm okay with that. The new version of me only wants to work forty hours a week and prefers fucking off on weekends instead of doing chores.

Guitars
I might buy one today.

LATER!!!

Nice looking guitar. Have you had a chance to play something similar? My Ovation tolerance is low, but I can appreciate them intellectually. I hadn't seen an 8 string acoustic before!

I played Ovations at gigs in the 80's and 90's, easy playing necks and no feedback problems made them great gigging guitars, but they are less than ideal recording guitars. I still have a six string mid depth bowl Ovation from those days. I would not buy an Ovation now except for the fact that it is an 8 string and I plan on using the bass strings for live looping. Last year I bought a Boss VE8 and I've been messing around with it, if things work out like I hope they will, this will be my looping guitar.

Back