DAW Users With ADD

Yeah, i've heard from multiple people that the star effect wasn't their experience. It's hazy, but in some ways I like my normal eye better than the one that was "fixed". I'm not sure if there's a remedy. I'll address it when I eventually go back in to fix the other eye. I'm pretty sure it will go in one ear and out the other, brushed aside. It seems that is my common experience with doctors these days, when I do go. The give a shit meter seems to registering on the low end. It's better to not even mention things. They'll offer very little feedback or treatment, if any, but still put it on your chart and bill. Last time I went in, he never addressed the irregular dark spot on my back after I called it to his attention. Oh well. I've kept an eye on it, and it hasn't gotten any larger.

The last time I went in for an annual, a cardo showed I have a delay, or block, or something in 2 of the 3 electrical impulses to the chambers of my heart. Doc says, "It's a common uncommon. Next!" Read my chart online after the visit. What's written, if my google search is accurate for the "block", study shows 60% of people after 7 years croaked. Sudden death, dropped dead. That was a little over a year ago, I reckon. Who's counting? lol

^ Sheesh, boring old people topic of conversation. I'm only 55! ^

My G Boys did their best to help out your Packers, but you just wouldn’t take it.

Cost you a coach too, I see.

Losing to a warm weather 2-9 dome team at Lambeau in December is a low I never thought we could reach in this season, I'm sure that it sped up the process. These are the games we won back when we were 6-10 or 5-11. Not an Aikman fan but I think he assessed the situation properly when he said all the pressure is on Rodgers now. It's eerily reminiscent of Favre's last years where it seems like the QB is running the show.

To lower the strings? I’d be worried it would affect the intonation and give me string buzz. It’s a great instrument in many respects, but not eminently playable.
Yikes, I think once you get over $500 it better be very playable, we might have different definitions. Of course I'm an odd duck, I like high action and thick strings, I don't like those super fast necks.

An old friend (was actually my older brother's age, but he was an instrumental in my life in encouraging me to play guitar, perhaps my biggest fan), i'd lost track of him and had recently heard he was ill. Turned out he started having problems around the middle of September, peeing blood, I think. He died November 19th. Cancer. By the time it became more common knowledge, I didn't get to see him. Few did. My brother was allowed in 2 days before his death, said he looked like a 90 year old man. He was 57. I've long since had to take off my shoes to count the number of close friends who are no longer here. RIP, Jimmy.

I used to think life is long, I suppose many of us do when we are younger. It is hard to believe how quickly life goes by now that I am older. This last year has flown by, each day, week, month, I can't believe winter is here, nearly Christmas. If there is any truth that time goes by more rapidly the closer you get to the end,....

Sorry, don't mean to be a bummer this beautiful (cloudy and gloomy) Sunday afternoon.

I've been a little bummed about some home repairs I have to do in the upcoming year, they will take up both my vacation time and money, but I said to myself "At least I don't have cancer". Half of my family is dead from various reasons, the thing I value more than anything now is my time, even if I do waste quite a bit of it. :)

Yikes, I think once you get over $500 it better be very playable, we might have different definitions. Of course I'm an odd duck, I like high action and thick strings, I don't like those super fast necks.
Then you’d love my guitar. :(

Intonation is great. Records very well. Fit and finish is top notch. But it’s a dreadnaught. They recommend thick strings, and the action is higher than i’d like. The combination makes it a bit hard to play imo.

The new one I looked at is their grand auditorium. Uses lighter gauge strings. Not sure abiut the string height, but it seemed more playable than mine. Of course, I didn’t play it very long, so it’s kind of subjective at this point.

Then you’d love my guitar. :(

Intonation is great. Records very well. Fit and finish is top notch. But it’s a dreadnaught. They recommend thick strings, and the action is higher than i’d like. The combination makes it a bit hard to play imo.

The new one I looked at is their grand auditorium. Uses lighter gauge strings. Not sure abiut the string height, but it seemed more playable than mine. Of course, I didn’t play it very long, so it’s kind of subjective at this point.

Just try a lighter set of strings, you don't have to put heavy strings on it. If worse comes to worse get a new nut.

Lots of choices when it comes to strings, you just got to find the set you like. Lots of specialty sets too, different winds, alloys, light tops etc..

Just try a lighter set of strings, you don't have to put heavy strings on it. If worse comes to worse get a new nut.

Lots of choices when it comes to strings, you just got to find the set you like. Lots of specialty sets too, different winds, alloys, light tops etc..

I’ve tried lighter strings, but the guitar sounds better with heavier gauge.

I finally broke down and had my electric set up properly. May be time for the acoustic. I suspect filing the nut or saddle might be helpful, but I’m leery of trying it myself.

I’ve tried lighter strings, but the guitar sounds better with heavier gauge.

I finally broke down and had my electric set up properly. May be time for the acoustic. I suspect filing the nut or saddle might be helpful, but I’m leery of trying it myself.

I hope it doesn't seem like I'm giving you a hard time, but it seems like a sideways move to buy another Taylor,especially if it sets you back $$$.

We have different philosophies regarding acoustics, or guitars in general. I'm looking for a price/performance tool, you want a "baby". While I could afford a "baby" I just couldn't handle it if I were to nick or scratch it, which I would do within minutes of owning it. Most musicians my age I run into are playing high end guitars, Martins and Taylors, but I just don't have the desire. I've always liked mutts, whether it be dogs or guitars. I got my Fender acoustic in the late 80's and I've been playing it ever since, it's worth more to me than anyone else.

People are the same way about cars.

It's easy buying a nice high end acoustic, but it's more fun finding that low end keeper. I liken it to picking through the lumber pile at the building supply store trying to find the straight boards.

Christmas
I got my shopping done, I bought my wife's present.

Oh and I bought mine too. :D

I bought a baritone acoustic on the Stupid Deal of the Day a couple months ago and I just ordered the case for it. If I weren't so broke I would've got the Danelectro baby sitar, which I could've got cheap, but there will be other sales.

Packers
It's an unusual position to be in this time of year. Last year with Rodgers out and nothing on the line for the last game of the year we hosted a Christmas party and there was very little interest in the game.

LATER!!!

this weekend Bears and Rams could be a great game, the pressure is there.
locally the Cowboys seemed to have made a unpopular trade that paid off, that's opened up an entire 2nd playbook of plays they can now use.
they beat a # 1 New Orleans Saints with this "change". They'll be a good game with Philly I suspect, I'll have the popcorn out.
Packers seem done, they might get lucky and ruin someone elses chance like a Wild Card can do, Vikings have potential,...
Saints, Pats, zzzzzzzzzzzz…. Superbowl might not even pass the Rams v Chiefs gig, that was a game. That might have been the game of the year.
Bears and Rams.... some reason I think the Bears might pull it off, but the Rams are so damn relentless.

interesting Dacythar. getting a guitar setup.
Ive had this done once and was blown away by it. Then I learned to do it on a Squier and it was fun but I found my limitations on frets and ruined a good no name guitar, and didn't want to invest $$$ in being a shade tree luthier doing one guitar every 10yrs.

I went to the sons show Friday, there was like 4% of us old people, the 96% were 25-35, its their world, their music. Ska.Punk.Raggae whatever...the Guiness was great. A old dude from Australia was there drinking on his "package" he got from Coca-Cola layoff after 25 yrs. He was laid off and traveling on his "layoff package money". He was shitfaced and talkative and having fun. He was there as a tourist attraction to the Gas Monkey Bar from the TV show he said is big in Australia. ...so he was there for awhile, but I heard later he fell down the stairs (after being asked to leave 5 times, not in a bad vioient way but a courtesy safety way...)
He was having fun, on his way to Georgia then New York.... he was kind of the highlight of the evening. He said "mate and all that accent" and was
drinking huge glasses of gin and tonic, and seemed amazed I could drink 8 or more Guiness beers. I didn't see him fall down the stairs backwards but a dude told me he did ok and took an Uber to his hotel, Someone said "He probably didn't feel it until the next morning. He fell all the way down the stairs backwards".
Cheers! Aussie dude! Glad you had a good time!

Giants now 5-8. Can I wear my jersey in publc again? :D

I still don’t believe you should ever use a #2 pick on a running back, but I still have to admit this Barkley is something special. And very level headed - not a head case like some others on this team.

Good Morning!

More years to retirement or maybe 8 or 9. That's what birthdays have become to me.

I have a small pension that matures by then, a lot of other factors will come in. That's the plan, but as I always tell my son "Sometimes you make the decision, sometimes the decision is made for you".

Football
I've been enjoying games other than the Packers, I really don't have much of a choice.:rolleyes:

My observation: After watching both Favre and Rodgers for years, that Chief's QB is the best QB in football. He is holy shit M-er F-in good. Too bad his D sucks.

Music

This is the time of year when I spend a shitload of time practicing Christmas songs so I can play them once. I would rethink my strategy, but I'm hoping there will come a time when I can play them more than once.

Holidays
Unfortunately I don't have much family left, but that makes things easy. My wife's side however is always a problem. Her father needs handicap access. They usually opt to have it at a restaurant, but I absolutely hate that, it's so impersonal.

Another thing that I keep biting my tongue about is that my wife has a very well to do brother who has a gigantic house. They have no kids and he makes his own schedule but they have never hosted Christmas. They have came right out and said they don't want the hassle, which in my mind makes them seem self centered and not self aware. They're really nice other than that.

Is going to be a year of catching up, or at least I hope so. Home repairs, yard work, the double edge of being the king of your own castle. I thought by this time in my life I would be doing more traveling, but I guess it's not in the cards. I think my low expectations goal will be to out out and drink more.:drunk::guitar::D

LATER!!!

yeah the birthday comment is the same here. like waiting on something, similar to waiting to be 16 to drive, or 18-21 to drink...
to get to retirement of some kind, even if its to do something different.

I didn't do much of anything this year in music, bought stuff and hell the past 3 items I haven't even used.

Holidays...my kids are adults, theres no little ones and so the whole holiday thing is just stupid imo.

dinner and drinks and maybe some cards is totally good , holiday for adults these days, and I don't need to be spending money on adults.
matter of fact I said "everyone buy yourself something, but don't buy me crap I don't want." They don't have money for that.
I usually donate a few bucks for "dinner bags" for families, I get more of a buzz from that these days. Im struggling to even put up a tree after last years experience of nothingness. The little kid years were fun, but putting up trees for a 28yr old and a 57+ is a bit off? and some work that gets in the way of my Netflix binging or NFL.

Cowboys are a new team, new plays, and everyone is trying to take credit for hiring the Coop. The Colts will be no easy game. A lot of good football lately. Thursdays Chargers and Chiefs was really good, down to the wire. Packers and Bears is always a classic, this years the Bears could put Rodgers on the bench if he trys doing too much running....maybe Butkus will return in #51....and Bart Starr in a twilight zone episode.

I use to think in terms of milestone birthdays. You know: 17 you can drive. 21 you can drink. 35 you can become President. :)

However, unfortunately at 65/66 when you can retire and collect SS, is pretty much the last one. Nothing but downhill after that. :( (Unless you want to include 85 when you go to the nursing home.) :eek:

Movies
For the first time I can remember, many of the critics’ picks for best movies of the year are available to stream. So I checked out a couple. This exercise has left me convinced that popular culture/art has passed me by. I couldn’t get past 20 minutes of Zama. Happy As Lazzaro still has me scratching my head as to what exactly it’s about. And last night I watched half of Roma. This serms to be a lot of people’s pick to win the Oscar. I’ll watch the second half on the hope it gets better, but so far its WTF??

t.

I didn't do much of anything this year in music, bought stuff and hell the past 3 items I haven't even used.

I'm over it. My wife is always watching American Pickers and everybody in that show has a big pile of stuff their interested in that only certain people enjoy. That's who we are, we enjoy having "stuff" whether we use it or not. Don't whip yourself over it, embrace it.

I've always had jobs where I'm super busy during the holidays, I'm looking forward to being able to enjoy them.

Movies
For the first time I can remember, many of the critics’ picks for best movies of the year are available to stream. So I checked out a couple. This exercise has left me convinced that popular culture/art has passed me by. I couldn’t get past 20 minutes of Zama. Happy As Lazzaro still has me scratching my head as to what exactly it’s about. And last night I watched half of Roma. This serms to be a lot of people’s pick to win the Oscar. I’ll watch the second half on the hope it gets better, but so far its WTF??

No explosions, car chases or tits?

No explosions, car chases or tits?
Tits might have helped. However, I watched Red Sparrow whch had Jennifer Lawrence’s tits and ass. It wasn’t “much” better, but better.. mostly because it had Jennifer Lawrence’s tits and ass. :)

Roma had a naked dick, if you’re so inclined. :eek:

Happy almost Christmas!
I did my shopping online and everything but my Wife's gifts showed up. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

Celebrating 24 years of marriage today, having a Packers/Christmas get together with the in-laws today. Working tomorrow but hopefully not for long.

I'm hoping for losses the next two weeks, but the Packers will fuck it up so we get a crappy draft pick. I'm still mad at Jamies Winston's incredibly horrible INT last year that dropped our pick quite a few spots.

Looking forward to next year, 2018 was a year, that's a good as I can come up with.

LATER!!!

[MENTION=186342]Cheesehead1[/MENTION], they'll still be delivering on Christmas Eve (day) - well, maybe not USPS - haven't read the fine print in the shutdown, but UPS, FedEx, DHL, Amazon, will be out there. And maybe there's a place to buy flowers and chocolate, last minute :).

[MENTION=186342]Cheesehead1[/MENTION], they'll still be delivering on Christmas Eve (day) - well, maybe not USPS - haven't read the fine print in the shutdown, but UPS, FedEx, DHL, Amazon, will be out there. And maybe there's a place to buy flowers and chocolate, last minute :).

I just explained it to my wife and that's how it's gonna be. She's used to being disappointed.:rolleyes:

Here I am Friday night playing someone else's ax.

Attachments

• 48411939_10209687117733133_172561774384513024_o.jpg
    48411939_10209687117733133_172561774384513024_o.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 7
Back