DAW Users With ADD

Sports
The Badgers lose at home to an unranked opponent, the Big Ten aint doing so well.

The Packers won a game they shouldn't have last week, can they do it two weeks in a row?

The Brewers probably make the playoffs, but I don't see them making any noise.

Computer
I had some problems with my DAW and held off taking it in. There's a computer repair place right in town I took a chance on and they fixed it for $52! Damn, I would've took it in a long time ago if I knew it would be that cheap. I'm thinking the guy keeps his prices low because people are more prone to replace than repair once the price goes up.

I've got Direct TV in the basement, so now I can jam with my computer while I watch football. Multi tasking.

Today
Straighten the truck, watch football, play guitar.

LATER!!!

Sports
The Badgers lose at home to an unranked opponent, the Big Ten aint doing so well.

The Packers won a game they shouldn't have last week, can they do it two weeks in a row?

The Brewers probably make the playoffs, but I don't see them making any noise.
!!
Yeah, my boys at RU took it down to the wire again yesterday. :rolleyes:

And I’m beginning to feel about the Yankees like you feel about the Brewers. It would be hard at this point for them not to make the playoffs, but I’m thinking it’s gonna be one and done.

Giants-Dallas tonight. Two bad teams, but hey, someone’s gotta win, right? Might as well be Big Blue. :)

Btw, what was wrong with the computer?

Btw, what was wrong with the computer?
At first it would randomly shut down :mad: (pisser!), then she wouldn't boot, it would beep than cycle. The tech said it had something to do with RAM settings. Ge said there might be a slim chance the RAM might have to be replaced. I keep wondering if some software I installed effed things up, regardless if it runs good now, that's it, no more new anything. It'll be a closed unit.

I was thinking it was a bad boot drive, that would be a nightmare reloading and authorizing everything.

I gave the guy an eight dollar tip, I was prepared to spend a lot more. Of course I hope the thing doesn't take a crap on me in the next couple of days.

BTW.....

I bought another guitar, an acoustic baritone. It was $269 on the Stupid Deal of the Day.A baritone was on my bucket list.

At first it would randomly shut down :mad: (pisser!), then she wouldn't boot, it would beep than cycle. The tech said it had something to do with RAM settings. Ge said there might be a slim chance the RAM might have to be replaced. I keep wondering if some software I installed effed things up, regardless if it runs good now, that's it, no more new anything. It'll be a closed unit.

I was thinking it was a bad boot drive, that would be a nightmare reloading and authorizing everything.

I gave the guy an eight dollar tip, I was prepared to spend a lot more. Of course I hope the thing doesn't take a crap on me in the next couple of days.

BTW.....

I bought another guitar, an acoustic baritone. It was $269 on the Stupid Deal of the Day.A baritone was on my bucket list.
Yeah, my first guess would be a bad memory chip. I had a similar problem a few years back. Random stuff. Sometimes it wouldn’t boot, but then you’d retry and it would boot fine. Changed the chip and it worked fine till it died from obsolescence.

Second guess would be power supply.

the only thing Ive had go out is RAM.....a couple hardrives from a drop while spinning....but in general RAM.
I posted some thread on it and the gang helped, and by taking one stick out at a time the problem stopped.
Still hadnt gotten any new or tried to refund the old yet.

RAM sticks....power it down, pull it out...stick a new one in...power it up. No tools needed.

I have only one brother left as I lost one yesterday. Drugs and alcohol.
Very sorry to hear that. :(

If I recall you guys weren’t very close, but family is family. You don’t get to chose them, and it hurts when you lose them. Even worse when it’s self inflicted.

Sorry for your loss, man. I've only ever had one brother, but I would be devastated to lose him.

Life is back to semi-normal.

If you ever get a chance to get a Bank of America credit card, they are the champs...had mine for 20+ years. It's still at 7.9%. I keep all my wife's medical debt on it as it's cheaper than paying the hospitals' rates, and it consolidates into one payment. They sent me an e-mail yesterday saying if I needed to skip a payment from Flo impact it would be okay...no penalties and they are waiving interest for the month.
Capital one (that we use for day to day purchases and pay off at the end of every month (no balance on the card)) yesterday sent me a reminder that my payment is due and make sure it gets paid...

Got to get someone to come and fix the roof. Our only leak is over the master bath tub, so it's not pressing, but still needs fixed right away. Trying to get my wife to kick in because I'm working 12 hour days and trying to get the yard cleaned up when not, and she can't even make phone calls for me...well, she is, but reluctantly.

Had a blood oxygen test done (doctor ordered) and they say I'll need oxygen while I sleep. My share would be $93 a month. Told them I don't have budget for an extra $100 a month in medical debt and they said it's life threatening...So if it kills me will I be able to afford an extra $100 a month? They had no answer for that...

Handyman that fixed the roof after Matthew hasn't returned any of our calls yet. OTOH, it hasn't rained yet...so far so good. :)

At least I'm making tons of money at work (at what cost physically?). Getting some of the smaller bills paid off so I can work on some larger ones. Medical debt is down to 9k...chiseling away at it.

Still playing musical chairs at church, but at least I'm getting practice on several instruments. Last week I was the bass player. Wednesday I did an intimate set on the acoustic with pastor singing. This week I played the piano/keys. Haven't gotten to play the drums in months, though (2 drummers)...and my set is closeted still...Maybe I should work on that.

Got out to clean up the back yard yesterday (first day off since the storm...they took away my other day off this week), and couldn't budge the fallen peach tree. It's still attached to it's tap. Have to get the axe out next week (assuming I get a day off). But at least the back yard got mowed. Front still needs cleaned up and mowed. Side yards can wait. (we have four distinct areas). Anyway, gotta go to work now. See you all in the funnies!

Handyman that fixed the roof after Matthew hasn't returned any of our calls yet.

Got to imagine that anyone who does roofing down there is pretty, pretty busy after Florence.

Speaking of rain, it’s pouring here today. Seems like we can’t get any prolonged stretch of decent weather. Finally cooled off to more fall-like temps, and the weekend is supposed to be nice. :fingers crossed:

BTW, my kitchen reno has begun. Ayiyiyi. So far they’ve demo’d the old one down to bare 2x4s. Tore out all the old plumbing. Rough wired for electrical. Installed new sheet rock. Installed new cabinets and crown molding.

This week they measure for the new countertops. Install new flooring. Install baseboard molding. Deliver the new appliances. And finish the electrical.

Won’t get countertops and sink installed until following week. :(

Sucks being without a kitchen.

Sucks being without a kitchen.

OTOH, you get to try new restaurants in town...we did this in Idaho when we remodeled ours and found two really nice places in town (well, one was across the bridge in Clarkston, WA). Our contractor told us to budget a nice bit of $$ for eating out because it would be four weeks...we ate most breakfasts out of the microwave, packed sandwiches and chips for lunches and then went out to eat after work. Life was simpler then...

EDIT
The house we were in was built in 1936, so the remodel was pretty much like you are describing. Looks like your contractor saved you a week, though. Our demo was only two days, and it was quite startling to leave in the morning with the kitchen intact, and come home to a gutted kitchen (they took out pipes and electrical the second day and started putting the new out pipes in...) There were no floors, or walls, or ceiling, OH MY! :eek:

Looks like your contractor saved you a week, though.

Three weeks start to finish (assuming he stays on schedule - which he has so far). Even with that there’s still a bit of downtime. Today, for example, nothing is happening except measuring for the new countertops. Thursday there’s nothing happening at all, and same next Monday and Tuesday. :(

The biggest issue seems to be the countertops. Measuring today (Monday), but not installing until a week from Wed. Not quite sure why that takes so long.

Back