DAW Users With ADD

Getting together tonight with my old drummer and bass player. Been a few years since I’ve played with them, and over a year since I played with anyone. Should be interesting. Worst case, we’ll enjoy a few Johnny Walker Blacks. :eek: :)

JWB's sound good, not sure what genre that will help create.
I had a bunch of Guiness and Jameson with Baileys last night celebrating St. Patricks Day early this year.
There were some good tunes playing on a few of the 70 tv screens in the bar.

You going to record the jam session?

Guinness is my wife's favorite, we always have some in the refrigerator.

Life
It's been on a pretty even keel lately.

Tomorrow is open jam night, it's local, walking distance. I'd go to more but unless my wife comes too, I can't justify the cost of an Uber along with my alcohol expenses.:D

LATER!!!

Florida Shooting
My heart goes out to all the people involved. Parents should never have to bury their children, nor have to console their children on the loss of a friend.
My ire goes out to all the libtards that think gun control is the answer. Why do we get up in arms (no pun intended) about guns when there is a gunman? We don't shoot (no pun intended again) for car control laws when someone drives through a crowd. We don't push for bomb control laws when there is a bombing. We don't make people have background checks to buy a drink when someone kills someone while driving drunk. We blame the driver, or the bomber, or the drinker...
Sorry...just upset by the cycle. Don't like kids being killed.

Florida Shooting
My heart goes out to all the people involved. Parents should never have to bury their children, nor have to console their children on the loss of a friend.
My ire goes out to all the libtards that think gun control is the answer. Why do we get up in arms (no pun intended) about guns when there is a gunman? We don't shoot (no pun intended again) for car control laws when someone drives through a crowd. We don't push for bomb control laws when there is a bombing. We don't make people have background checks to buy a drink when someone kills someone while driving drunk. We blame the driver, or the bomber, or the drinker...
Sorry...just upset by the cycle. Don't like kids being killed.
Agree with you on the Florida shooting. It is heart wrenching. But we are on different sides about gun control. I simply fail to see the need for selling semi-automatic weapons or bump stocks or anything of that ilk. They serve no useful peaceful purpose in my mind, other than stroking someone’s ego... or mass murder.

I also am puzzled as to why these shootings don’t occur in other countries. Not that they are unheard of elsewhere, but the numbers here are simply staggering. I honestly don’t know if stricter gun control laws are the difference, or the Wild West mentality of the US, or what. I just know we need to start trying something. Prayers and thoughts with no action don’t seem to be the answer.

Btw, NYC has erected concrete barriers to help prevent vehicles from plowing into pedestrians. And try and buy bomb components on the internet and see how long before the FBI comes knocking on your door. And how about the differences in airport security between now and pre-9/11. We are reacting to other methods of mass murder in most areas EXCEPT guns.

I’m not suggesting everyone turn in their gun(s) tomorrow. But surely there are things we can be doing that don’t really infringe on the 2nd Amendment, no?

Things have changed, we need to change the way we handle things. These kids were killed with a gun legally bought by a person who was a known problem.

If your kid gets killed and you call for gun control, that doesn't make you a "libtard" it makes you a person who has suffered an immense loss and doesn't want anyone else to go through what they went through. I'm a fairly conservative person but I'm totally for changing the laws.

Things have changed, we need to change the way we handle things. These kids were killed with a gun legally bought by a person who was a known problem.

This is exactly the point I wished to make. It's not about changing the availability of weaponry that allows us 2nd amendment freedoms. It's about changing the mindset of the people. I will always say that you can't legislate a right mind. The Church says, "You cannot legislate righeousness.", but it boils down to the same thing.
People talk about "one more gun control law." and when that fails to stop the problem, they'll talk about one more. The current mark is "military grade weaponry". Okay, so we take that away. That is exactly what the 2nd ammendment is about. Our ability to defend our country (as militia) against enemies OR against a tyrannical government. Germany started with gun control in the 1910s...
Give me a .300 WinMag semi automatic sighted in at 450 yards with a military grade scope and I would defend our country against foreign invaders if that need arose. I would NOT, however, go sit on top of a building and pick off innocent people. That's mindset. Take my ability to own said rifle away, and I'm stuck with bolt action hunting grade 30.06 or 270 caliber weaponry and I'll be mowed down by the first enemy combatant that has "military grade" weaponry...
!PERSONAL OPINION ALERT! I believe that if everyone was armed, and properly educated on the safety and proper use of said arms, there would be a lot LESS gun violence and gun related crime...perhaps that's why there's so little of this sort of thing in Sweden?
I'll just leave that with Ben Franklin. "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

I think the US could do a lot better on treating mental illness. The kid that did the act from what I have read had lost his dad, lost his mom a few months ago. I am sure had there been some conduit for him to be treated, it might not have happened.

Normal people just don't so that sort of thing. If the US would put more effort in to treatment, there would be a lot of positives, not just in something like this, but for homeless, drug use, etc. Seems like that area would be money well spent.

This is exactly the point I wished to make. It's not about changing the availability of weaponry that allows us 2nd amendment freedoms. It's about changing the mindset of the people. I will always say that you can't legislate a right mind. The Church says, "You cannot legislate righeousness.", but it boils down to the same thing.
People talk about "one more gun control law." and when that fails to stop the problem, they'll talk about one more. The current mark is "military grade weaponry". Okay, so we take that away. That is exactly what the 2nd ammendment is about. Our ability to defend our country (as militia) against enemies OR against a tyrannical government. Germany started with gun control in the 1910s...
Give me a .300 WinMag semi automatic sighted in at 450 yards with a military grade scope and I would defend our country against foreign invaders if that need arose. I would NOT, however, go sit on top of a building and pick off innocent people. That's mindset. Take my ability to own said rifle away, and I'm stuck with bolt action hunting grade 30.06 or 270 caliber weaponry and I'll be mowed down by the first enemy combatant that has "military grade" weaponry...
!PERSONAL OPINION ALERT! I believe that if everyone was armed, and properly educated on the safety and proper use of said arms, there would be a lot LESS gun violence and gun related crime...perhaps that's why there's so little of this sort of thing in Sweden?
I'll just leave that with Ben Franklin. "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

God help us if you truly envision a day where you’ll be poking your AR-14 out your kitchen window, mowing down the Russians (Arabs, Mexicans, North Koreans?) coming up your driveway.

Sorry to say, we’ll have lost long before that. :(

That’ll be my last comment on this topic. Agree to disagree.

Music
My damn computer that I paid big $$$$ for is on the fritz, making more frustrating is how little it has been used. I've kind of given up on recording for some time anyways and have been concentrating on playing live.

The weather
Warm, for February. We're probably past the super cold weather, now it's a couple of months of slop to look forward to.

Today
The obligatory cleaning of the work truck.

I may start a project. Years ago when I built my bar in the basement there was a gas meter and a pipe that ran horizontally across the wall. I built a cabinet around the meter and built a shelf over the pipe. It looked good, but the dimensions were based on the meter, not on usefulness. A couple of years ago the gas company removed the meter and pipe and replaced it with a different system that is outside. I think I may cut down the shelf so I can put a decent size TV on it. Any respectable bar has a nice TV for watching sporting events. It's un-American to not have one. :)

LATER!!!

FRIDAY!
The best weekday of them all!

Reality, the crusher of dreams
My dreams of buying a new TV were crushed by the reality of automotive and dental work.

The weather
Nothing to complain about. Nothing to brag about.

LATER!!!

In the shadow of WalMart's announcement that the minimum to work there is going from $10 to $11, I was expecting to get a bit more than a quarter of that for my annual raise...Way to respect the individuals who serve your customers and have proven their integrity and excellence through their longevity with our company...

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

Today is my birthday and my wife's taking me to Applebee's...I still get to pay. lol

The Applebees here has free birthday balloons.

IF youre buying then live large....get appetizers and a dinner...maybe even a $8 beer, I might recommend Samuel Adams. Drink half of it and send it back as tasting bad and switch to water.
Same with the steak. lol

FRIDAY!
The best weekday of them all!
!

I’m finding it hard to distinguish between weekdays and weekends these days. :thumbs up: :D

Had round two with my old drummer and bass player last night. Unfortunately it’ll probably be the final round for awhile. Long story, which I won’t get into, but it’s a bit of a shame since I don’t know how many years of playing I have left. :(

I had a stressful start of the day.:(

My wife got a call from her mother this morning that her dad had fallen and was stuck in the bathroom. Being the closest I went over to take care of the situation. Her parents should've been in an assisted living situation ten years ago but due to stubbornness refuse to. Things have gotten really bad, while I handled the situation I was overwhelmed and I'm not ashamed to say I cried the whole way home.

I think there's some alcohol in my near future.

I had a stressful start of the day.:(

My wife got a call from her mother this morning that her dad had fallen and was stuck in the bathroom. Being the closest I went over to take care of the situation. Her parents should've been in an assisted living situation ten years ago but due to stubbornness refuse to. Things have gotten really bad, while I handled the situation I was overwhelmed and I'm not ashamed to say I cried the whole way home.

I think there's some alcohol in my near future.

Parents getting old is tough. Particularly when they require help. Glad it was nothing too serious.

My mom, god bless her, is 91 and still lives on her own. She no longer drives, but she lives in a complex that has a courtesy bus that takes them food shopping and stuff. Otherwise she’s completely independent. Her eyesight and hearing are starting to go, so the clock may be ticking. Not sure what the plan will be.

I was an orphan at 48...lol It's not really that funny that both my parents died fairly young, but we try to go on.

Had a great birthday yesterday. Sorry, no Samual Adams. I'm addicted to their peach tea (I haven't had a drink since 91 BTGOG).

My wife bought be a new tablet to play games on...wish I'd have gotten the $250 she spent to go toward pieces to repair my studio computer, but it's the thought that counts. Really can't afford that out of our budget right now anyway as she had to go in for another 6k medical test this past week ($1350 out of pocket, AGAIN!) and our medical debt climbed back over $10k.

New song at Church this morning: Dancing Generation by Matt Redman. Fun bass line, but I've never played a song live that I haven't practiced with the rest of the band. Going to have to get used to it though, as the new drummer and keyboardist are 45 minutes away and only show up 20-40 minutes early on Sunday. :eek:

Glad it was nothing too serious.
Unfortunately it's very serious. Their stubborn refusal to move into assisted living has got them in a house of horrors. The family has had an intervention and social services have been called. Apparently as long as one person can make decisions there is not much you can do.

My father in law is 6'4" and 300 lbs,he has one leg amputated to the knee. He uses a wheel chair and was stuck in a tiny non accessible bathroom. I was afraid I would break his arm or pull it out of the socket trying to get him up. In the meantime my mother in law who suffers from dementia is screaming at me because I turned the TV off because it was so loud I couldn't talk to either of them.

Assisted living gives you dignity and quality of life.

wish I'd have gotten the $250 she spent to go toward pieces to repair my studio computer,
I'm in the same boat.

I bought an expensive computer loaded with software a few years back right about the time I stopped caring about recording. A couple weeks back it stopped working. I have too much $$$$ invested in it to let it go, but I have more important things to spend my money on at the moment.

LATER!!!

My recording computer is working fine. At least it was the last time I tried to record something, which is long enough ago that I don’t even remember when it was. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I turn it on every two months or so, so it can get the 10 or 12 hours of Windows updates that Microsoft keeps sending. Lol.

I find the problem with recording is it allows you to hear what you actually sound like. :o

Back