DAW Users With ADD

But do you have a better life with $30k yr and no college debt or $100k yr and debt until your 40?
You can make a lot more than 30k with out a college education. I make twice that and I'm a high school drop out.I know lots of people who do well with out a degree. Of course you should have some kind of skill, I'm in a trade. Factory jobs in most cases are unskilled labor and the days of highly paid assembly workers are over.

I have three cousins who are brothers. Two of them went to college, one did not. The one who didn't go to college makes the most. Of course the two who went to college got jobs in their field of study that lasted a year and then quit to pursue other jobs. One was a music major :rolleyes:, he is now a fireman.

Having said all that, if you really want to make some $$$ you should go to college, but pick the right field.

Football
One good game yesterday, one waste of time.

If we end up with Alabama and New England as champions this year in football, it's officially a bad year.

They’re both terrible with money. If fact, my son has already declared bankruptcy once. Unfortunately they don’t toss out college debt in that process. :(

Although my daughter has no college debt, I’m pretty sure they have a golden idol in her image at her credit card company. :rolleyes:

Being good with money is probably every bit as important as having that piece of paper on the wall.

You get ahead a few dollars at time over a long period of time, not all at once and I think in our micro wave society that's a hard concept to embrace.

I missed the Eagles game watching some Chicago Transit Authority documentary on Netflix.....damn they played a lot then imploded and became a few who fired others and the vibe was gone, but I liked the show.

My opinion on the college thing is its expensive as hell and is not for some HighSchool kid who doesnt know what he wants and is only going so his parents can feel better about themselves. I think Community Colleges are cool, they are 10x's cheaper around here and the credits are equal in value. The problem is the Community Colleges are massively short on seats and classes around here.

I'm glad to be out of it, but just having the son and daughters stories around here these past 5 yrs, its so much like the Subprime Mortgage Loan thing, so so similar when you loan cash to people who dont have incomes to pay it back.

Yeah there are a lot of jobs not needing degree's and thats the point. Is the college debt worth it?
In a simple timeline though the reduction of manufacturing jobs and manual labor jobs is whats driving the 30% increase in college enrollment.

I read this on the internet so it must be true. :D

I know lots of people who do well with out a degree.

Case in point: I have a brother 4 years younger than me. He’s a high school dropout. I, on the other hand, was the first in my family to graduate college. However, he has made significantly more than me over the course of our lives. And I mean SIGNIFICANTLY!

However, in all honesty I attribute a lot of this to the fact that money seems to be very important to him; whereas it was never that important to me. I mean, to a degree, you need to make money to put a roof over your head and food on the table, but after that it’s mostly just ego.

Yeah there are a lot of jobs not needing degree's and thats the point. Is the college debt worth it?
In a simple timeline though the reduction of manufacturing jobs and manual labor jobs is whats driving the 30% increase in college enrollment.
I grew up thinking school was just a formality before you got your job at the factory where you would retire from.

the Jaquars won in performance, Steelers seemed to be relying on luck and long bombs and the bad onside kick apparently was a coachs major flop. Vikings and Saints could be a game of injuries... I just want someone to beat the Patriots because they are too good, they are so good Im starting to think Brady is a robot or something. I mean hes played too many years and looks untouched like a robot-human thing.

I grew up thinking school was just a formality before you got your job at the factory where you would retire from.

yeah my home town was all factorys too and shutdown, I think one meat slaughter place is still going Hormel all the widget places are gone.

i think they replaced the jobs with meth, walmart and a gambling boat.

the Jaquars won in performance, Steelers seemed to be relying on luck and long bombs and the bad onside kick apparently was a coachs major flop. Vikings and Saints could be a game of injuries... I just want someone to beat the Patriots because they are too good, they are so good Im starting to think Brady is a robot or something. I mean hes played too many years and looks untouched like a robot-human thing.
Jags - Steelers was a crazy game. I mean TWO 4th down bombs for tds? Even with that amount of luck, Jags were too good.

Unfortunately they won’t beat NE. :(

it did ramp up until the onside flop. the Steelers were playing , as one announcer said, back yard football.
in their home stadium ...ouch...

the Vikings will have to mess up and let the Saints get motivated ...with Drew it isnt wise.

Off to Scottsdale, AZ, today for 2 weeks! :)

The good news (aside from 70o weather) is I’ll be staying with my brother ( i.e., no hotel expenses). The bad news is I’ll be staying with my brother. Hopefully there won’t be any fatalities. :o

Please keep the place in good order during my absence.

Btw, I’m picking Philly and NE in Super Bowl. I keep hearing how MN is a team of destiny after last week. I think they’re just a team of a lucky play, and they’re luck is about to run out.

Off to Scottsdale, AZ, today for 2 weeks! :)

The good news (aside from 70o weather) is I’ll be staying with my brother ( i.e., no hotel expenses). The bad news is I’ll be staying with my brother. Hopefully there won’t be any fatalities. :o

Please keep the place in good order during my absence.

Have a drink or two on me, it's not a vacation unless you have at least one hangover. Don't forget your sun tan lotion. Nothing worse than having a hangover AND being sun burnt.

Btw, I’m picking Philly and NE in Super Bowl. I keep hearing how MN is a team of destiny after last week. I think they’re just a team of a lucky play, and they’re luck is about to run out.
All in all , not really an exciting year in football, unless Jacksonville gets in and Bortles is the SB MVP.:eek::laughings:

Im glad I dont gamble on football.
Vikings are being destroyed. Pats won....meh
Patriots and Eagles in SuperBowl 52 ..LII ......in the Vikings stadium...

Cowboys coach was on tv saying he felt they did really good this year with 9-7. no problem ..heck we can probably skip spring training.

the Eagles are pumped, they should be. this could be their first if they can take Brady down and 87.
i think brady said its his 10th time? mg? i still think maybe Brady's a robot, i dont have any proof yet..therefore, if true, all their wins would be cancelled.

Someone mentioned Tom Brady at work yesterday, and I was like, "What, he's not dead yet?" lol
Dude's what, 40? That didn't used to happen much in pro football...

Back