DAW Users With ADD

So do you play in the church band?

Sure. Play guitar (rarely) and sing or play piano and sing. Most times the pastor's wife plays the piano and I play the drums and that's it. Small church, but I never know when I walk in if we're having acoustic/piano/piano and drums. Be instant in season and out of season (I've always assumed this scripture meant you should study/practice a lot. :) Easy to comply! I love to play music.)

Sure. Play guitar (rarely) and sing or play piano and sing. Most times the pastor's wife plays the piano and I play the drums and that's it. Small church, but I never know when I walk in if we're having acoustic/piano/piano and drums. Be instant in season and out of season (I've always assumed this scripture meant you should study/practice a lot. :) Easy to comply! I love to play music.)

I've met quite a few guys who get their practice in with church bands. It's a good alternative to a bunch of drunken louts getting together on Friday nights.

Note to self
Only drink two pitchers of Margaritas, not three.

LATER!!!

That's the guy who had cancer. He lost a lot of weight. Claims he's very weak.

He was cancer free a couple of months ago, but he had a PET scan yesterday and they found new traces. :(

Sorry to hear that. I have a hard time keeping score with your band. Sounds good though. Whose PA?

Whose PA?
Keyboard player's. In fact, all the amps are his too, as are the mics, mic stands, and bass guitar. :eek:

The guy must have robbed a Guitar Center at some point in his life. He was using two keyboards at this party, but still has another two keyboards that he leaves at my house. And those are just the ones I know about.

This is interesting. Cheesehead's post is #12,850. My response that follows it is #12,852.

Wtf happened to 12,851?? :confused: Is that like the 13th floor in a hotel?

On a related note, I read that Donald Trump routinely omits floors in his high rises so they will appear to be taller. :rolleyes:

This is interesting. Cheesehead's post is #12,850. My response that follows it is #12,852.

Wtf happened to 12,851?? :confused: Is that like the 13th floor in a hotel?

On a related note, I read that Donald Trump routinely omits floors in his high rises so they will appear to be taller. :rolleyes:

Scratch that. Now they're numbered correctly. But I swear they weren't originally. :o

Maybe gonna actually record something on Friday. :eek:

Having the new computer should be helpful. Learning (and relearning) the software, not so much. :(

Maybe gonna actually record something on Friday. :eek:

Having the new computer should be helpful. Learning (and relearning) the software, not so much. :(

Are you doing a live recording or studio type stuff?

I know some much younger guys that are trying podcasts that involve both the music and the bar scene. They have good ideas but are not real knowledgeable about recording with any thing other than a USB mic, and you can hear it. I'm going to try and help them out within their limited means, but I think recording is a bit of a rabbit hole and it's not for everybody.

Are you doing a live recording or studio type stuff?
Studio, but no added instruments. No Kontakt, or other midi stuff. We might have to overdub some vocals. With only two singers, it's hard to do any lead/background type harmonies.

Of course nothing is ever easy. I used to record our previous drummer via midi. The advantage is it gives us an extra (actually 2 extra) audio tracks. Plus it allowed me to get each drum on an individual track. The audio from the e-drums is just the entire kit in stereo.

The new guys kit only has a midi out. No midi in like the other guy's. I can record from it, but I'm not sure how to use it to trigger sounds on playback (at least if I want to use the kit's sounds - which I probably will, since I don't have any great midi drum sounds on software).

It does have a usb port that "supposedly" carries the midi information too. But I've never worked with usb recording before. I'm assuming it will show up in Sonar as an input/output choice??

Stay tuned.

Studio, but no added instruments. No Kontakt, or other midi stuff. We might have to overdub some vocals. With only two singers, it's hard to do any lead/background type harmonies.

Of course nothing is ever easy. I used to record our previous drummer via midi. The advantage is it gives us an extra (actually 2 extra) audio tracks. Plus it allowed me to get each drum on an individual track. The audio from the e-drums is just the entire kit in stereo.

The new guys kit only has a midi out. No midi in like the other guy's. I can record from it, but I'm not sure how to use it to trigger sounds on playback (at least if I want to use the kit's sounds - which I probably will, since I don't have any great midi drum sounds on software).

It does have a usb port that "supposedly" carries the midi information too. But I've never worked with usb recording before. I'm assuming it will show up in Sonar as an input/output choice??

Stay tuned.

In my experience the USB MIDI works exactly like the cable, this is why they probably omitted the in jack. MIDI multi pin jacks are legacy stuff right now, why have ten different types of cable when one will do. In fact my old MIDI interface was connected by USB.

I would be recording the keyboard player with MIDI also, whether he knows it or not, he IS playing MIDI notes unless he is using vintage keyboards.

Back