DAW Users With ADD

BTW, did I mention I need to get cataract surgery? :( :(

I always thought of that as an old person's disease, so how could I possibly have it while in my prime. :eek:

Anyways... it's scheduled for March 1st. Right eye only... although they tell me that I also have one in my left eye. However, so far that one doesn't require surgery.

Morning boys
It looks like I'll be home a lot in the next month or two,we have next to no work.One guy is laid off in addition to the three we let go last year,plus there have been cutbacks in the office through attrition.Normally I'd be a little worried,but my boss just gave me four new hoodies,so I must be in the companies future plans.:D:rolleyes:

BTW, did I mention I need to get cataract surgery?
I think you can get medical marijuana for that,I would totally look into it.:D

At least he's playing a decent looking guitar

I know this is what you really want....

Don't mess around with Guy!

If I keep posting videos nobody will.:eek:

I'm going to post this someplace else too,I want to spread the pain!

LATER!

BTW, did I mention I need to get cataract surgery? :( :(

I always thought of that as an old person's disease, so how could I possibly have it while in my prime. :eek:

Anyways... it's scheduled for March 1st. Right eye only... although they tell me that I also have one in my left eye. However, so far that one doesn't require surgery.

My Mom has got cataracts in both eyes and she's 79 - so about your age roughly:p

On a more serious note, sorry to hear that, hope it goes well.

Morning boys
It looks like I'll be home a lot in the next month or two,we have next to no work.One guy is laid off in addition to the three we let go last year,plus there have been cutbacks in the office through attrition.Normally I'd be a little worried,but my boss just gave me four new hoodies,so I must be in the companies future plans.:D:rolleyes:

If I keep posting videos nobody will.:eek:

I'm going to post this someplace else too,I want to spread the pain!

LATER!

Groan.:rolleyes: More time on his hands to post this stuff. :o Just when I thought he was beginning to sound and look pretty cool.:laughings:

Jeez, I'm embarrassed for his family ;)

Changing the subject for a moment - I have always wondered what those green spots were on my posts - reputations. Anyways, I have just figured what they are. Seems I have to thank AR for regularly giving me reputation points:)

Does it mean I have to be nice to him now?:D

Changing the subject for a moment - I have always wondered what those green spots were on my posts - reputations. Anyways, I have just figured what they are. Seems I have to thank AR for regularly giving me reputation points:)

Does it mean I have to be nice to him now?:D

I couldn't let you guys slip into forum insignifacance.Those rep points are super valuable.;):D:rolleyes:

I think you can get medical marijuana for that,I would totally look into it.:D
I think that's for glaucoma, but I'll look into it anyway. :)

Does it have to be medical marijuana, or will any old marijuana do? :confused:

If you insist on breaking out the uke, than you could at least include some hula girls in the video. :( :( :(

BTW, you managed to out-gay Paul in this one, and I wasn't sure that was possible. :p ;) :p

We haven't heard too much about how Paul has been making out with his new computer. However, his wife was kind enough to send me a picture of it.

Looks pretty cool, I think. :cool:

Attachments

• keyboard.jpg
    keyboard.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 27
I see you two have been misbehaving again whilst I have been single handedly saving the global economy by working a five day week;)

Mike, that's not my computer - too many buttons:p

And its not my lip thats stiff;)

I am very frustrated with my new DAW - not enough time to use it:o

But last night I loaded a track I did that maxed out my old P4 puter CPU and the most it used was 11% in my new one (64 tracks, four instances of Stylus RMX and two of Atmosphere; one of Trilogy plus a couple of other synths and loads of fx.

I cannot begin to tell you the joy of having a machine at long last that doesn't glitch or drop-out at every few mins:)

Mike, I have been taking a tutorial on compressors from SOS magazine and forgive me if I am teaching my grandmother to suck eggs but were you aware that compressors have a significant impact on the sound quality of reverbs?
I only mention it because I remember you saying that you were perpetually disappointed in the quality of sound you get from reverbs.

What also shocked me was the huge differences in sound between the different compressors. I was using a recording of my daughters voice as a test track; just her voice and a simple piano and string backing track.

Talking of which, the singing daughter (youngest) is leaving college in summer and she is setting herself up as a function & event singer in London and so last weekend, I went with her and bought a new 1000 watt PA system, new mic, mixer and light show. So my wallet is a lot lighter now, let me tell you:(

We have hired a hall on Saturday so we can test it all out and I can teach her and her boyfriend how to set it up.

She is already getting gigs from her agents so it looks as though I might be on the homeward stretch in terms of getting her out of my wallet. But I'm not holding my breath;):(

Friday tomorrow boys; try not to work too hard:laughings:

Back