DAW Users With ADD

I hope I didn't miss any Fridays during my month or so off ... :o

I also hope I never support a team with such a gay name as the Cudahy Packers. If you called someone here a cudahy packer they'd probably slap you for the homophobic or possibly racial slur. It just sounds rude. :confused:

noisedude said:
I also hope I never support a team with such a gay name as the Cudahy Packers. If you called someone here a cudahy packer they'd probably slap you for the homophobic or possibly racial slur. It just sounds rude. :confused:
We're secure enough about our masculinity here that we don't have to worry about things like that. :p :rolleyes:

acidrock said:
We're secure enough about our masculinity here that we don't have to worry about things like that. :p :rolleyes:
Nice! There are parts of the States where you'd be burned at the stake for saying that. :)

Nice! There are parts of the States where you'd be burned at the stake for saying that.
And where would that be? :confused:

Packers is a name that refers to an occupation.We also have teams called Brewers,Ship builders and a few others that elude me right now.

Our professional football team called the Packers is the only non-profit publicly owned team in all of American major league sports.They also have more championships than any other NFL team.

So how are the American owned Manchester United doing? :p :rolleyes: :D

BTW,Hitmen 8,Seminoles 6 :cool:

LATER!!!

acidrock said:
More football!
I'm going to see a cousin of mine who plays semi-pro football tonight for the Muskego Hitmen.
http://www.ironmanfootballleague.com/teams/hitmen.html

Next Friday it's the Cudahy Packers against the Greendale Panthers.Another cousin plays for Greendale so it's going to be family feud time when my uncle shows up. :D
I've got quite a few cousins as my grandfather was very prolific.My aforementioned uncle is actually a few years younger than me. :eek:

So, just like the film "Deliverence" then? :p

:D

acidrock said:
So how are the American owned Manchester United doing? :p :rolleyes: :D
Surprisingly well, actually. Although we just missed out on the one potential major signing who would've completed our squad for the year ... but Glazer claims that wasn't down to lack of money. Yeah right!

My local NFL team, the Fudge Packers, wishes your boys all the best. :)

I have nothing to say today. So I thought I'd say it here. ;)

I did, however, install a new medicine cabinet today in one of my bathrooms. It has 3 doors, and two of them now rub against each other when you open them. If I could, I would have fired the installer. :( :(

dachay2tnr said:

So today is just like any other day,eh?

Home improvement
I think you should stick to liquor cabinets.

LATER!!!

dachay2tnr said:

I did, however, install a new medicine cabinet today in one of my bathrooms. It has 3 doors, and two of them now rub against each other when you open them. If I could, I would have fired the installer. :( :(

If only you knew a guy who could install doors competently :)

And did you ever rid yourself of mold in your bathroom...if my memory serves me correctly, you decided to spend your $$$'s on a new guitar instead :)

I just read an interesting piece on the BBC web site about US journalism and how Katrina has changed the political reporting landscape. I had never thought about that before. Or not to that extent. Not in the USA.

Read it here....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4214516.stm

Attending a get together of work collegues tonight over dinner who I have not seen for ten years or so. Indian Restaurant, ice cold beers :)

Good article Paul!

I don't see it so much as a partyline problem as much as a government culture thing myself.
I've had a distrust of government going back to my days in the juvenile court system.The programs meant to rehablitate me were just set up to give cronies jobs. :rolleyes:
Next I got a job working for the Milwaukee public schools and had my idealist bubble burst when I found out that competency was not the means to promotion,rather connections.
Ater that is was on to a company where I did lots of contract work for every level of government and discovered money wasn't spent based on need rather politics.

I'm thinking there will be a major shakeup when the next round of elections comes around,but to qoute Pete Townsend.."Meet the new boss,same as the old boss".

Every generation since the dawn of history has thought they were the ones that were going to get it right,well? :confused:

If only you knew a guy who could install doors competently
I've found jobs go much better when I lay off the sauce until the work is done. :p

LATER!!!

acidrock said:
I've found jobs go much better when I lay off the sauce until the work is done. :p

LATER!!!
I find that my aging joints require some "lubrication" if they are to be persudaded to perform physical labors. :o :o

Back to work tomorrow after 4 days off. :(

All these other threads are unexpectedly heated - I guess I'm contributing - but can I hide in here for a sec whilst I work out what serious points I'm trying to make, and what's just me winding people up?? :confused:

Bush is unbelievable - my jaw dropped at his inept performance yesterday, announcing that HE of all people, is going to chair the investigation into the country's Katrina response :eek:

The governor of Louisiana says he will punch Bush if he hears him pointing a finger at the State response again. Gets my vote. :)

Guy, I found out at an early age that its not what you know but who you know that counts ;)

Throughout my sales career, especially in export sales, I always looked for the "easy" connection; the guy who could really help me win. And it wasn't always the obvious ones.

I just love the way the White House refused to answer the questions about Levee improvement funding being cancelled for the past few years saying that it was an "inappropriate" question at this time :eek: I must remember that response when my boss asks me awkward questions I don't like :rolleyes:

Paul881 said:
Bush is unbelievable - my jaw dropped at his inept performance yesterday, announcing that HE of all people, is going to chair the investigation into the country's Katrina response :eek:

The governor of Louisiana says he will punch Bush if he hears him pointing a finger at the State response again. Gets my vote. :)

Guy, I found out at an early age that its not what you know but who you know that counts ;)

Throughout my sales career, especially in export sales, I always looked for the "easy" connection; the guy who could really help me win. And it wasn't always the obvious ones.

I just love the way the White House refused to answer the questions about Levee improvement funding being cancelled for the past few years saying that it was an "inappropriate" question at this time :eek: I must remember that response when my boss asks me awkward questions I don't like :rolleyes:
I couldn't agree more. What a farce this guy has been.

Paul881 said:
Would they notice the difference :p

:D
Certainly. The lights in my office will be on. :)

Sonar 5.0
Having skipped version 4, I was all set to fork it over for version 5.0.

Now that I have looked at the feature set for Studio 5.0, there is absolutely nothing in there to entice me to buy it.

Producer is a bit more interesting - but entirely untested.

For ex., Roland V-vocal. If you don't own Autotune or Melodyne, this alone could be worth the difference in price between Studio and Producer (+ $129 in my case). However, this assumes it functions as well as Autotune or Melodyne. Until that is demonstrated, caveat emptor. (And since I already own Autotune, this has marginal value to me.)

Purespace Convultion Reverb - Is it any better than the (free) Sir Reverb. And where do you get the impulse files? Anyone wanna bet there are 1 or 2 included and you need to buy any additional ones?

At this point, I am with Guy. Let's see what version 6.0 has to offer.

Back