DAW Users With ADD

Thanks, Paul.

He still has two more months on the payroll, and then he is eligible for 6 months of unemployment checks. I'm just not sure they can carry themselves with what he will get from unemployment. They, of course, stretched themselves in order to purchase the house. :(

Hopefully he will find something else quickly. Or at least find some part time work off the books while he collects unemployment.

Let's hope so, these are bad times for people to be out of work. Not that there are ever good times to be laid off but particularly now. Damn bankers:mad:

Whats his trade/skill?

DAW After months of research and procrastinating I am finally about to commit to a new DAW. I have decided on a Core i7 processor which should last me at least four years :rolleyes:.

Anyone getting excited about Windows 7?:rolleyes:

He's presently a telephone installer. Prior to that he worked at a "theme restaurant" based on an English castle. He played a medieval knight, riding horses and jousting, etc.

So, you tell me, what are his skills? :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

Well, at least he's versatile:) Which is more than you can say for many people.

And anyone who rides a horse, dons armour and goes full tilt at someone else carrying a lance coming at you full bore isn't exactly without courage.;)

It's Friday!!!!

Time was, it meant something around here:rolleyes:

Eldest daughters birthday meal out in a local restaurant tonight. Her sister and partner are coming up from london as a "surprise." Anything for a free meal. Dad's paying of course:rolleyes:

Oh well, twas ever thus:)

And becasue it's Friday, I thought I would post this link to what I consider to be one of the funniest acts I have ever seen. The Blue Collar Comedy Tour. If you don't laugh at this you ain't got a funny bone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqHPqTDHxJs

Last edited:
And becasue it's Friday, I thought I would post this link to what I consider to be one of the funniest acts I have ever seen. The Blue Collar Comedy Tour. If you don't laugh at this you ain't got a funny bone.
There's something odd about an Englishman finding four rednecks funny. :confused: :confused:

Git 'er done.

There's something odd about an Englishman finding four rednecks funny. :confused: :confused:

Git 'er done.

It just goes to show how multi-culturally aware I am :D Either that or my working class upbringing;)

Seriously though, these guys make me die laughing. I just love the humour.:)

Git 'er done!

Computers
DAW After months of research and procrastinating I am finally about to commit to a new DAW. I have decided on a Core i7 processor which should last me at least four years .

Anyone getting excited about Windows 7?
To tell the truth I'm so far behind on the current computer technology that I have no idea how powerful the new processors are in comparison to my old P4The computer I'm on now is some kind of dual core,but I really don't know anything other than that.If I were to do a new build I'd have to brush up.

I'm thinking history shows you have to skip every other Windows OS.

Jobs
It's hard getting one,it's hard changing them and it's hard keeping one.It's even harder when you have people depending on you other than yourself.One thing is for sure,you've got to make hay while the sun is shining.

Football
It should be a win today.Next week,bring the antacid.

LATER!

Monday
It's over,almost.

Football
I think there's a game next week.

Weather
Better tomorrow.

Later!!!

Attachments

• jesus-hates-yankees.jpg
    jesus-hates-yankees.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 28
Freakin' Stank-ee's are gonna' win this Series!!!:mad:

I just FEEEEEL it!!!;.....that same feeling when leeches are suckin' the blood , puss & guts out of you & you can't do nuthin' about it!!!:mad::mad:

This Series is OVER!!!!!:mad:

Freakin' congra-chu-ma-lay-shuns my brutha' Dachay 2nd Tenor!!:mad::mad::mad:

:):):)

DAW Well, I have finally got stuff arriving at the house to build my exclusive DAW instead of using the family P4 computer. As I am not in a rush for it, I am going to take my time and build it a step at a time. Case, PSU and acoustic treatment first, HDD's and Optical drives next, then the MoBo, CPU, cooler, Graphics card and memory. And finally, a wireless tracker ball, wireless k/board and new 23" wide screen back lit LED monitor :cool:

Weather After a positively balmy Indian summer the last few weeks, Autumn rushed in overnight with wet and windy weather and now the trees have lost all their leaves.:( Winter is just around the corner.

Job I have never been so pleased to be in paid work and I am really enjoying my job too. Great company, nice people, great boss (ain't that a rarity?). It's tough at present but everyone's doing their best.

Hang in there dudes, the only way is up.;)

Mike, any more news on your son-in-law's job prospects?

Mike, any more news on your son-in-law's job prospects?
My daughter was over today (for my birthday :) ) and I asked her what was going on. I didn't get much of an answer. It appears to me his approach is to live off the public dole for awhile (state unemployment), while working part time off-the-books somewhere.

Needless to say I'm a little disappointed he doesn't seem to be taking this more seriously. Apparently he has several relatives who work at the local utility company, and they seem to have convinced him they can get him a job working there as well. Of course he will need to wait a bit, since there is nothing available at the present time. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I certainly hope something comes through before his unemployment insurance runs out.

It appears to me his approach is to live off the public dole for awhile (state unemployment), while working part time off-the-books somewhere.

A great approach as long as you're looking for a real job the whole time,if not you'll end up taking anything that comes along once the checks stop coming.

DAW Well, I have finally got stuff arriving at the house to build my exclusive DAW instead of using the family P4 computer. As I am not in a rush for it, I am going to take my time and build it a step at a time. Case, PSU and acoustic treatment first, HDD's and Optical drives next, then the MoBo, CPU, cooler, Graphics card and memory. And finally, a wireless tracker ball, wireless k/board and new 23" wide screen back lit LED monitor

You know,I may have to look into building a computer this time around.As long as I have internet access it makes the whole thing a little less scary.I'd probably reuse some things like the keyboard and monitor.If I did build I would base it on a reliable template rather than cutting edge,I have enough power already a new DAW would just let me get silly.

Football
I'm looking forward to next week.

LATER!!!

Back