DAW Users With ADD

I was scanning pictures

In the picture in the upper right, I am guessing you're the guy (no pun intended) standing to the far right.

However, you could also be the one to the far left, as the two of you look a lot alike. In fact, you two could almost be brothers. ;)

It's a shame
That I'm going to do absolutely nothing today,but the lineup of football is just way too good.
12:00
Packers/Lions
Vikings/Colts
3:00
Patriots/Jets
7:00
Pittsburgh/Cleveland

I wonder how Chuck is taking the Brady loss?Are the flags at half mast for the rest of the season?

In the picture in the upper right, I am guessing you're the guy (no pun intended) standing to the far right.
I'm wearing the raisin shirt.

LATER!!!

Giants are 8-1/2 point favorites. This has me very nervous. They typically don't do well as the favorite. :o

If they can't beat the Rams by 8-1/2 it'll be a long season.
I feel the same way about the Packers,losing to the lions is like getting beat up by a girl.:eek:

Sports
It looks like the Jets are the NY football team to beat.:D

Apparently the Patriots took your comment to heart. :D

Bottom line, while the QB is important, he isn't the whole team. Hence the Jets still look like losers with Favre, and the Pats still appear to be winners, even with whatshisname.

Meanwhile, Big Blue is still unbeaten. :cool:

A poem
My mother had this on the wall of our home for years and when I was going through my brother's things I found he had taken it after she died.Now I have it.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there,I do not sleep.
I am the thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn's rain.
When you awaken in the mornings hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush,
of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there I did not die.

That's the only poem you'll ever get out of me that doesn't start with there once was a man from Nantucket.....:D

Brewers
For a while there I forgot about sausage races.:(

Today
I'm fundraising for a terrorist organisation.(PTA)

LATER!

Today
Cut the grass.
I wonder how many more times I'll have to do that this year.
The wife is already putting up Halloween decorations.:eek:

Packers
I'm nervous.

LATER!!!

A poem
My mother had this on the wall of our home for years and when I was going through my brother's things I found he had taken it after she died.Now I have it.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there,I do not sleep.
I am the thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn's rain.
When you awaken in the mornings hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush,
of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there I did not die.

That's the only poem you'll ever get out of me that doesn't start with there once was a man from Nantucket.....:D

Brewers
For a while there I forgot about sausage races.:(

Today
I'm fundraising for a terrorist organisation.(PTA)

LATER!

Guy, that poem has a disputed lineage but is largely attributed to Elizabeth Frye who herself only died a few years ago. But it is a beautiful poem for people suffering loss.

A couple of years back, my daughter went to a funeral of her Netball coach (Netball = similar to basketball except played by females) who had died through a brain tumour the day after Christmas.

It was a cold January day and the 1000 year old village church was packed. As the vicar read the service, a butterfly flew above the vestry and landed for a few minutes on the coffin. Everyone saw it and were amazed.

PTA - wifey and I were only saying at the weekend how strange it is that we don't have to attend parents evenings or PTA fundraisers anymore. Brilliant:eek::D:D:D

I got a new DAW......

And don't ask....

Bloody Mary...

Pretty heavy dude,when do you start your album of acoustic ballads?

I'm assuming you did all the parts?

What's this about a new DAW?I want another one too,that way I can record twice as much.:D

PTA - wifey and I were only saying at the weekend how strange it is that we don't have to attend parents evenings or PTA fundraisers anymore. Brilliant
My wife is the VP for the school,it consumes a lot of time because it seems like there is always something going on.

When I was a kid the only time my parents came to school is when I got in trouble.:o

Packers
I was expecting to lose,but hoping for a better showing.The offense let the defense down but I'm giving A-Rodge some time to develop.He lokks pretty damn good for only having three starts.

LATER!!!

My wife is the VP for the school,it consumes a lot of time because it seems like there is always something going on.

When I was a kid the only time my parents came to school is when I got in trouble.:o
LATER!!!

So, they got to visit the school regularly eh?:cool:

Banks - So how do you guys feel about the US government baling out the banks with taxpayers money to the tune of $700 billion over the next few years? Even worse, the asset backed lending that is supposed to be funded by the US Govt. is probably only worth $5.5billion at best :eek: And yet Lehman's executives are going to get $2.8 billion of bonuses paid :mad::mad:

We shouldn't be surprised that this has happened - banks are highly regulated as are the financial markets but these guys found their way around a lot of this by creative banking and activities outside of the regulatory framework.:rolleyes: And for that, we all have to suffer, from the pensioners whose value of their pensions have dropped, increased taxes to pay for this fiasco, lost jobs and the ongoing turmoil in the housing market.:mad::mad:

Work - Well, I am still off work and have heard that I will be off until at least the end of October, fully paid. They are still redesigning the organisation and my part in it so until they finalise things, I am on gardening leave:cool: I start work today on re-grouting the shower cubicle; my garden looks pristine and I have redecorated the master bathroom.;)

I know what you are thinking - the pot calling the kettle black:o All I can say is I never asked to be put on gardening leave and also I was never asked for my job to be restructured;)

Today I will also finish my online tax submittal - the tax man will probably die of shock getting it submitted by me so early this year:)

Am now looking at doing some short term management consultancy work for some contacts I have - that should relieve the boredom:eek: I have also taken the plunge and started to eBay all the recording gear I bought at auction recently. So far, so good.:)

Bloody Mary - Dogman, that's a real ballad for you, but beautifully grungy. When I grow up I want to be just like you:cool:
:)

Laters guys:D

Banks - So how do you guys feel about the US government baling out the banks with taxpayers money to the tune of $700 billion over the next few years? Even worse, the asset backed lending that is supposed to be funded by the US Govt. is probably only worth $5.5billion at best And yet Lehman's executives are going to get $2.8 billion of bonuses paid

We shouldn't be surprised that this has happened - banks are highly regulated as are the financial markets but these guys found their way around a lot of this by creative banking and activities outside of the regulatory framework. And for that, we all have to suffer, from the pensioners whose value of their pensions have dropped, increased taxes to pay for this fiasco, lost jobs and the ongoing turmoil in the housing market.

I can't begin to tell you how bizzare I think this whole thing is.It's like everybody knew this was coming but just let it happen.
As a construction worker I can't tell you how many times I've met people who told me they were buying a house hoping to sell it a year later and make a huge pfofit.I've met assesors who were under pressure to run the price up on homes and fork truck drivers who want to live like engineers.There's all kind of angles on this the common thread being the loan companies.

Interest only loans?WTF,just saying it makes me wince.Loans to people with bad or non existant credit?I'm not that old,but it seems to me it used to be when you applied for a loan,you would sweat a little bit hoping it was approved.

As far as the bonuses,it seems like that's how it's done in the US nowadays.You plunder the company,sell off the assets and send the labor out of country.Profits are through the roof!The workers are out of jobs,their pensions gone and some CEO is getting a eight figure bonus.

The thing is,guys like me can only sit back and watch it unfold.I'm really looking forward to the social security crisis.:rolleyes:

Work
Paul you will be working harder on gardening leave than you ever did at the job.

I just realized I'm the only guy who actually has a job in this thrread.:eek:

LATER!!!

The thing is,guys like me can only sit back and watch it unfold.I'm really looking forward to the social security crisis.:rolleyes:
You can expect that to happen pretty soon. I'll be applying towards the end of next year... so it's pretty much a given they will run out of money just before then. :rolleyes:

Interest free, with payments starting in 2040? ;)

Certainly, step this way sir! :)

And whilst we are on the subject, WTF is shorting about????:confused: These guys make money on shares they don't own by betting how far the shares fall!!!????? :confused:
The world has gone mad. And where were the bloody regulators in all this? Sleepwalking?:mad:

Makes junk bonds even look respectable:mad:

Back