DAW Users With ADD

No, seeing that you have so much else going on in your life:p

Two patch cords is far too much work:rolleyes:
Not sure I'd be the one commenting on someone else's work ethic were I you.

Just saying now. ;)

Makes me wonder what the Lexicon MX 200 for $250 would sound like
Funny you should mention that. We replaced the Alesis Microverb with the Lexicon MX100. I never had the chance to A/B them side-by-side (the Alesis wasn't working when we got the Lexicon), but to my memory the Alesis sounded at least as good, if not better than the Lexicon.

Not sure I'd be the one commenting on someone else's work ethic were I you.

Just saying now. ;)

Funny you should mention that. We replaced the Alesis Microverb with the Lexicon MX100. I never had the chance to A/B them side-by-side (the Alesis wasn't working when we got the Lexicon), but to my memory the Alesis sounded at least as good, if not better than the Lexicon.

Work and ethics are different bed fellows;):)

Hmm...interesting comment on the Lexicon. I had assumed that at $40k Lexicon make the most expensive reverb unit money can buy and some of that technology was bound to roll down the product chain.
Messing around with the 3 rack mount units I have bought at auction, whilst all of them sound very good, the Alesis sounds the most lush of all, compared to the Digitech and ART units. But I would still like to hear the Lexicon unit. :)

Today
I've got to pickup and install a couple of rain barrels at my house.After that it's out for lunch with the wife.

Tropic Thunder
Tom Cruise does the best acting of his career in this movie.I'm not a Tom Cruise fan,but his character may be the best of the movie.
A good combination of comedy and cruelty,thumbs up.

Brewers
They beat the teams they're supposed to beat but wither against the top competition,very Packerlike.It's looking like a quick exit from the playoffs.:(

LATER!!!

Today
I've got to pickup and install a couple of rain barrels at my house.After that it's out for lunch with the wife.

*@#!$%!
I just read the E-mail and I can't pick them up until tomorrow night.:mad:

A couple questions
PCIe,I don't know if I have one of these slots.I googled images and it seems they come in different configurations.My MB manual makes no mention of it.I don't think I have one.It's a GA-8lK1100,I googled that and only got forum responses,probably obsolete for years.
Actually,it may be a good thing if I don't have one.:o:D

Also I'm thinking about dumping Nowhere Radio in favor of a general file hosting site.I'm payingabout $30 a year for a service I barely use and I'm not interested in getting "plays".I would however like to be able to host pictures,mp3s,wav files and in the future possibly videos.How can I get a site like that and what does it cost?

LATER AGAIN!!!!!

*@#!$%!
I just read the E-mail and I can't pick them up until tomorrow night.:mad:

A couple questions
PCIe,I don't know if I have one of these slots.I googled images and it seems they come in different configurations.My MB manual makes no mention of it.I don't think I have one.It's a GA-8lK1100,I googled that and only got forum responses,probably obsolete for years.
Actually,it may be a good thing if I don't have one.:o:D

Also I'm thinking about dumping Nowhere Radio in favor of a general file hosting site.I'm payingabout $30 a year for a service I barely use and I'm not interested in getting "plays".I would however like to be able to host pictures,mp3s,wav files and in the future possibly videos.How can I get a site like that and what does it cost?

LATER AGAIN!!!!!

AR, the Gigabyte MoBo you listed almost certainly does not have a PCIe slot of any flavour:(

For folk like me (and you) that have a sound card that fits an ordinary PCI based soundcard, time is running out to get a MoBo with any PCI slots. The alternative is to go to a USB/FW sound module. OTOH, maybe that is the right thing to do - I'm also thinking of buying a laptop instead of a desktop model, then I could have more flexibility. Decisions, decisions:o And I most definitely am not going to go for m/s vista o/s:rolleyes:

In terms of website hosting, there are loads of sites in the UK that will do hosting for music, video and pictures for free up to professional standard, depending on the size and usage you require. And budget.

Google "web hosting music and pictures" and see what comes up;)

What did you guys think of Mrs Palins speech at the Republican convention?

I think she's cute to look at, sounds very well intentioned and very "mother and apple pie." But I don't agree with her values or her or her party's policies. So I won't be voting for McCain. Not that I have a vote, not being American. But I will eat Mr McCains oven cooked frozen fries.

AR, the Gigabyte MoBo you listed almost certainly does not have a PCIe slot of any flavour:(

For folk like me (and you) that have a sound card that fits an ordinary PCI based soundcard, time is running out to get a MoBo with any PCI slots. The alternative is to go to a USB/FW sound module. OTOH, maybe that is the right thing to do - I'm also thinking of buying a laptop instead of a desktop model, then I could have more flexibility. Decisions, decisions:o And I most definitely am not going to go for m/s vista o/s:rolleyes:.

That's kind of what I figured.The new UAD-2 is PCIe only,and while I don't need one,there are incentives to buy one this year.Given that in order to use one I would also have to upgrade my computer the decision has been made,it aint gonna happen.
This is probably a good thing,guitars,mics and such retain some value over the long haul as opposed to computers and software.There's only so much $$$ to go around and if I spend it on a new rig and UAD it would be YEARS:eek: before I could buy a new guitar or other toy.
I have a P4 2.4 with 2 gigs ram and three UADs,that's as much power as I need at the moment.If I can't record with that the computer's not the problem.

What did you guys think of Mrs Palins speech at the Republican convention?

I think she's cute to look at, sounds very well intentioned and very "mother and apple pie." But I don't agree with her values or her or her party's policies. So I won't be voting for McCain. Not that I have a vote, not being American. But I will eat Mr McCains oven cooked frozen fries.

I'm sorry but there was a Spongebob marathon on,now if he ran for president you know who'd get my vote.

I'm sick of the election,it alyays ends up being decided by the undecided anyways.

In terms of website hosting, there are loads of sites in the UK that will do hosting for music, video and pictures for free up to professional standard, depending on the size and usage you require. And budget.

Google "web hosting music and pictures" and see what comes up;)

That's kind of what I figured,but I'm looking for insight on what I should look for in particular.I'm willing to spend a few bucks if it means no hassles,I'm already spending a little and getting very little for it.:rolleyes:It's not on the front burner but I'll probably do it by the end of the year.We'll probably be getting a new video camera this year and it's so much nicer doing collaborations with no limit on the file size.

LATER!!!!

Are you ready for some football?
Last nights game didn't count,someone forgot to tell the Redskins preseason was over.
Tonight it's the Cudahy Packers,tomorrow it's Badgers.Sunday it's Jets followed by Packers Monday.:cool:I may skip the Badgers as they are playing Marshall.Look for another 400 yds rushing again.

LATER!!!

Thanks guys.:)
I've been sorting out the details of what happened the last two days and it's a pretty pathetic story.

After being brought from the edge of death last year my brother got back his strength ,color and could talk normally but a few moths into it he slipped back into his old ways.He was living with my dad and he kicked him out of the house.He then started living in his RV on friends property and things really went downhill.As a family we were hoping he would go to jail because that was the only place he could stay sober but he drank himself to death before that could happen.

I'm a bit confused emotionally,I feel more mad than sad.In my eyes my brother died twenty years ago and it was just a shell of himself that lingered on until now.What a complete waste of a life.I wonder when a parent holds a baby in their arms if they can concieve of that child spending the majority of their life alone in a room drinking themselves to death.
Even sadder is the fact that two weeks after his death it will be as if he never existed.
Sorry for being such a downer.

LATER!!!

Thanks guys.:)
I've been sorting out the details of what happened the last two days and it's a pretty pathetic story.

After being brought from the edge of death last year my brother got back his strength ,color and could talk normally but a few moths into it he slipped back into his old ways.He was living with my dad and he kicked him out of the house.He then started living in his RV on friends property and things really went downhill.As a family we were hoping he would go to jail because that was the only place he could stay sober but he drank himself to death before that could happen.

I'm a bit confused emotionally,I feel more mad than sad.In my eyes my brother died twenty years ago and it was just a shell of himself that lingered on until now.What a complete waste of a life.I wonder when a parent holds a baby in their arms if they can concieve of that child spending the majority of their life alone in a room drinking themselves to death.
Even sadder is the fact that two weeks after his death it will be as if he never existed.
Sorry for being such a downer.

LATER!!!

I'm sorry to hear that man. I can relate to the emotionally confused part. Don't get down on your self for feelng the way you do. When my brother died (years ago) there was a part of me that felt a great relief. That said "it's finally over". I felt guilt about that for quite a while. The fact is that he had created so much turmoil in everyones lives, that it was valid for a part of me to feel that way. Most of me felt sad, but the other emotions are there at the same time and that's OK.

Take care.

F.S.

Guy, it is inevitably sad when someone so relatively young seems to believe that there is nothing in their life worth living for and they take a turn in the road that can only lead to one place. And it is also natural to think to oneself that "if only..." or "what could I have done to have helped more?

But the truth is that these folk are usually beyond help. I know couples who are loving, caring and just "good" parents who have to face the fact that their offspring are just bad or intent on self destruction...and there is little that anyone can do. Your question about parents holding their babies is poignant and relevant and no doubt feelings of extreme guilt kick in but the reality is that there is seldom anything one can do to change their course of action.

Its a sad, sad situation and I really feel for you all and hope you can try to rationalize this in a way that makes some kind of sense....at least to you.

As I said, my thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

Last edited:
Euro Trash
As I write this, the remaining Dachays are all on a boat somewhere in the Mediterranean. They are on a cruise that left from Barcelona on Monday, and over the next 14 days will go to France, Italy, Greece, and Croatia.

I opted not to join them because it involved wives and because I am retired and living on a fixed income. :( :( :(

However, my Giants are undefeated!!! :D :D

Thats all folks
The funeral was a smashing success,an incredible amount of people showed up and it was somewhat uplifting to know he had so many friends.
I held up pretty well until today when I was scanning pictures and then realising there would be no new pictures I kind of broke down.:(

Thanks for all of your kind words guys,I'll put the subject to rest now.

Attachments

• Brothers 1.jpg
    Brothers 1.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Brothers 2.jpg
    Brothers 2.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Neal.jpg
    Neal.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Goodbye.jpg
    Goodbye.jpg