DAW Users With ADD

8000 posts!!!!!!

I had to sieze the opportunity, seeing as I am keeping this thread alive single handed :eek:

:D

Never has so much drivel been expended for no cause;) We should all be proud:D

Yeah, sure. :rolleyes:

But I have started us on the path to
9,000!!

Oh good, thats something to look foreward to then;)

And where is that slacker dachay?:confused:

He must have gone to Denver to glad hand the Democratic party members;) Seeing how is is retired and poor now, he can't be Republican anymore:D

He must have gone to Denver to glad hand the Democratic party members;) Seeing how is is retired and poor now, he can't be Republican anymore:D

Never was!! I have always been a man of the people... as evidenced by my association with you and AR. :D :D

Is just a road bump on the way to 10,000.

Why is....
The last day of work before vacation always so frustrating?
Maybe I should take off a day earlier.:D

Is the thumping from the kids coming from fighting or just running around?
A little of both,oh yeah and there's the screaming and yelling too.:rolleyes:

Party affiliation
In Milwaukee it's the Harley party.One O Five baby,

LATER!!!

Is just a road bump on the way to 10,000.

Party affiliation
In Milwaukee it's the Harley party.One O Five baby,

LATER!!!

I aim to own a Harley one day:eek: I was always a bike man and would like to revisit my youth with a bike I wished I could have had back when I was 17. I am also a fan or Orange County Choppers :eek:

I might look respectable but underneath...... I have aspirations:eek:
:cool:

What does it mean when...
I'm sunburnt,broke,have indigestion and my wife is mad at me?:confused:

It means we're on vacation!:eek::rolleyes::D
I'm posting from the visitors center,as always I get up hours before my family does and I'm blowing some time.We'll be going home today and the kids start school tomorrow.:cool::D

I might look respectable but underneath...... I have aspirations:eek:
:cool:

Compared to the other thread contributers you may seem respectable,but against the general population is a different story.:eek:

Actually Harleys while still the prefered choice of biker gangs,they have become status symbols.Your average 21 year old can't afford one,but a middle aged executive can.

The Boss put on a 3&1/2 hour concert Saturday to cap things off.Beats the hell out of Elton John for the 100th.People are still pissed about that.:mad:

LATER!!!

The Boss put on a 3&1/2 hour concert Saturday to cap things off.Beats the hell out of Elton John for the 100th.People are still pissed about that.:mad:

LATER!!!

Sorry, can you explain what this means.."Elton John for the 100th"?:confused: And what was capped off?:confused:

Happy Labor Day (not that everyone labours round here) ;)

I spent a very enjoyable day assembling and powering up all the sound gear I bought. Now I have to photograph it all and put it on eBay:)

But I have to say, playing around with the ART Alpha 2; Digitech Studio V2 Quad and Alesis MIDIVERB multi-effects units was interesting. Some very sweet sounding reverbs here, seems richer than using software.:cool: Not that I am an anti software in anyway;).

The Digitech was $1000 when new in 1997:eek:

Alesis MIDIVERB multi-effects units was interesting. Some very sweet sounding reverbs here, seems richer than using software.
I had an Alesis Microverb (in fact, I still have it but I don't think it works anymore). It was a pretty nice sounding piece of equipment. I used it to provide the vocalists with reverb in their headphones while I was recording.

I agree, I think it actually sounded better than the software reverbs I use. However, I was always afraid to actually record it for fear that later on I would want more (or less) reverb. That's the problem with hardware effects. There ain't any do-overs. :(

I'm back!
Although I never really was gone,thanks to the miracle of the internet.:cool:
I'll spend the rest of the week tending to minor chores,going out to lunch with my wife while the kids are in school and quite possibly some recording!:eek::eek::eek:

I agree, I think it actually sounded better than the software reverbs I use. However, I was always afraid to actually record it for fear that later on I would want more (or less) reverb. That's the problem with hardware effects. There ain't any do-overs. :(

That's an easy one,assuming you are recording with low latency and monitoring through the host.
Record the dry vocals on their own track and record the sends 100% wet on another.Use the output volume on the verb track to adjust for your send as it will not affect your recorded track.When it comes to mixdown you mix the same way.

The guy who is always on vacation said:
Sorry, can you explain what this means.."Elton John for the 100th"? And what was capped off?
On the Harley 100th aniversary celebration there was a surprise act playing,it turned out to be Elton John.:rolleyes:
Now I like Elton John,but you don't trot out a gay Englishman as entertainment for a bunch of bikers who ride American made bikes exclusively.Playing Rocketman on a Yamaha piano to open was really rubbing it in.In case you don't know "rice rocket" is ther nickname a lot of Harley enthusiasts use to describe the type of Japanese bike you ride in an almost prone posistion.Oh yeah and Yamaha makes 'em too.

I'm thinking Bruce Springsteen might represent the Harley riders tastes a little better.:D

LATER!!!

I gave up a while back.

But you made the list.....

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 8,012
User Name Posts
dachay2tnr 2,600
acidrock 2,293
Paul881 1,766
ChuckU 459
Dogman 220
noisedude 122
James Argo 84
moskus 59
Gorty 53
Barometer 38
MISTERQCUE 34
beezelbubba 16
Kramer 15
timmerman 14
jcmm 11
The Ghost of FM 10
zed32 8
Sky Blue Lou 8
dafduc 7
Mrs Dogman 7
chrisharris 6
Clemie 6
drstawl 6
dragonworks 5
Jamal Bucket 5
hixmix 5
gvarko 5
monty 5
Greg_L 5
Son of Mixerman 4
Khompewtur 4
gbondo9 4
junplugged 4
Rokket 3
Buck62 3
true-eurt 3
ridgeback 3
participant 3
Nick The Man 3
maltobello 3
Erik713 3
Slowrider 3
Mustafa Salaam 3
espskully 3
Toki987 3
Brad 2
subtractor 2
thane1200 2
nave 2
Cuzme 2
Turnip 2
Charva 2
Crumbles 2
Sirnothingness 2
TerraMortim 2
Jack Russell 2
Nilbog 2
ambi 2
tjohnston 2
60's guy 2
lucky13 2
Doug H 2
LemonTree 2
The Doctor 2
SoundofMind 2
JMarcomb 2
castlerock 2
regebro 2
shackrock 2
Fela 2
H2oskiphil 1
lbanks 1
joro 1
cellardweller 1
Grey Angel 1
Badger 1
Jimbo Jones 1
32-20-Blues 1
Buffalo Bob 1
Aidnas 1
SuperGeek 1
mandocaster 1
AlChuck 1
Kelly5150 1
Fmmahoganyrush 1
Slackmaster2K 1
Derek Verner 1
Obi-Wan zenabI 1
TeyshaBlue 1
notbradsohner 1
WillWork4Pussy 1
SnakeDog5050 1
rats 1
Qwerty 1
BushTheChrist 1
djc 1
capnkid 1
Cyrokk 1
Folkie 1
dgatwood 1
crosstudio 1
rustyfingers 1
cominginsecond 1
Phyl 1
David 1
Dumby 1
smellyfuzz 1
jonnyc 1
Show Thread & Close Window

That's an easy one,assuming you are recording with low latency and monitoring through the host.
Record the dry vocals on their own track and record the sends 100% wet on another.Use the output volume on the verb track to adjust for your send as it will not affect your recorded track.When it comes to mixdown you mix the same way.
Interesting. I might try it sometime, but it involves getting on my hands and knees and moving a bunch of patch cords around. :o :( :o

So I'm thinking it won't happen anytime soon. :rolleyes:

I had an Alesis Microverb (in fact, I still have it but I don't think it works anymore). It was a pretty nice sounding piece of equipment. I used it to provide the vocalists with reverb in their headphones while I was recording.

As my learned colleague, AR has pointed out, it would be easy to record dry and print/record the effect on a copy of the vocal track afterwards, when you are sure you have the right level of r/verb.

But its interesting that with your reknown ears, you also think that the h/w r/verb sounded pretty nice, cuz thats my conclusion having messed around yesterday. Makes me wonder what the Lexicon MX 200 for $250 would sound like - or the TC Electronic unit at a similar price.

I'm back!
Although I never really was gone,thanks to the miracle of the internet.:cool:
I'll spend the rest of the week tending to minor chores,going out to lunch with my wife while the kids are in school and quite possibly some recording!:eek::eek::eek:

On the Harley 100th aniversary celebration there was a surprise act playing,it turned out to be Elton John.:rolleyes:
Now I like Elton John,but you don't trot out a gay Englishman as entertainment for a bunch of bikers who ride American made bikes exclusively.Playing Rocketman on a Yamaha piano to open was really rubbing it in.In case you don't know "rice rocket" is ther nickname a lot of Harley enthusiasts use to describe the type of Japanese bike you ride in an almost prone posistion.Oh yeah and Yamaha makes 'em too.

I'm thinking Bruce Springsteen might represent the Harley riders tastes a little better.:D

LATER!!!

Welcome back - is your wife still sore at you?And do you care?:)

Yes, I can see how booking EJ for a Harley convention might seem a tad strange:D

But its interesting that with your reknown ears, you also think that the h/w r/verb sounded pretty nice, cuz thats my conclusion having messed around yesterday. Makes me wonder what the Lexicon MX 200 for $250 would sound like - or the TC Electronic unit at a similar price.

The great advantage of the Lexicon MX series is that it can be synched as a plug in via USB.But come to think of it you can always send a recorded track to a hardware unit and bring it back into the host recording the return.

My suggestion....
pick up a used UAD-1,UAD-2 just came out and there's going to be used cards aplenty and cheap.Buy the Plate 140 and be set.You can run four instances on one card.UA has other reverbs,Dreamverb which you have to pay for and Realverb which comes with the card,neither a standout but not slouches either.

TC makes a powercore card that is supposed to have top notch verbs on it,but is much more expensive than the UAD.

A lot is made about the processing power of DSP cards not being up to snuff compared to modern CPUs.But what is the processing power of the aforementioned Alesis verb,several classic Lexicon reverbs?IMHO a dedicated processer can do things better than a standard computers.If that weren't the case we wouldn't be talking about hardware verbs at all.

Welcome back - is your wife still sore at you?And do you care?
How could anyone stay mad at someone as lovable as me?:confused:
Caring is what I'm all about.:D

Back to school

I'm sending my kids back to school today,it saves me about $40 a week in babysitting,A year from now my son will watching my daughter saving me even more(a carpayment by my estimates),whoo hoo!

LATER!!!!

Interesting. I might try it sometime, but it involves getting on my hands and knees and moving a bunch of patch cords around. :o :( :o

So I'm thinking it won't happen anytime soon. :rolleyes:
No, seeing that you have so much else going on in your life:p

Two patch cords is far too much work:rolleyes:

:)

Back