Page 392 of 1396 FirstFirst ... 292 342 382 390 391 392 393 394 402 442 492 892 1392 ... LastLast
Results 3,911 to 3,920 of 13959

Thread: DAW Users With ADD

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by dachay2tnr
    I have nothing to say today. So I thought I'd say it here.

I did, however, install a new medicine cabinet today in one of my bathrooms. It has 3 doors, and two of them now rub against each other when you open them. If I could, I would have fired the installer.
    If only you knew a guy who could install doors competently

And did you ever rid yourself of mold in your bathroom...if my memory serves me correctly, you decided to spend your $$$'s on a new guitar instead

I just read an interesting piece on the BBC web site about US journalism and how Katrina has changed the political reporting landscape. I had never thought about that before. Or not to that extent. Not in the USA.

Read it here....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4214516.stm

Attending a get together of work collegues tonight over dinner who I have not seen for ten years or so. Indian Restaurant, ice cold beers
    Gigabyte GA-EX 58-UD5 MoBo/F7 BIOS/Intel i7 Quad Core 920 CPU/6 Gig RAM/Win XP/Delta 66+omni /SP-5B monitors/Sonar 8.5 PE/Trilogy/Atmosphere /Stylus RMX/Absynth4/Kontakt4 /POD XT/Z3ta+/Rapture/ Dimension Pro/Lounge Lizard/

Thanks
    Good article Paul!

I don't see it so much as a partyline problem as much as a government culture thing myself.
    I've had a distrust of government going back to my days in the juvenile court system.The programs meant to rehablitate me were just set up to give cronies jobs.
    Next I got a job working for the Milwaukee public schools and had my idealist bubble burst when I found out that competency was not the means to promotion,rather connections.
    Ater that is was on to a company where I did lots of contract work for every level of government and discovered money wasn't spent based on need rather politics.

I'm thinking there will be a major shakeup when the next round of elections comes around,but to qoute Pete Townsend.."Meet the new boss,same as the old boss".

Every generation since the dawn of history has thought they were the ones that were going to get it right,well?

If only you knew a guy who could install doors competently
    I've found jobs go much better when I lay off the sauce until the work is done.

LATER!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by acidrock
    I've found jobs go much better when I lay off the sauce until the work is done.

LATER!!!
    I find that my aging joints require some "lubrication" if they are to be persudaded to perform physical labors.

Back to work tomorrow after 4 days off.

Thanks

Sonar 5

"yawn"
    Waiting for "6"

Thanks
    All these other threads are unexpectedly heated - I guess I'm contributing - but can I hide in here for a sec whilst I work out what serious points I'm trying to make, and what's just me winding people up??

Thanks
    Bush is unbelievable - my jaw dropped at his inept performance yesterday, announcing that HE of all people, is going to chair the investigation into the country's Katrina response

The governor of Louisiana says he will punch Bush if he hears him pointing a finger at the State response again. Gets my vote.

Guy, I found out at an early age that its not what you know but who you know that counts

Throughout my sales career, especially in export sales, I always looked for the "easy" connection; the guy who could really help me win. And it wasn't always the obvious ones.

I just love the way the White House refused to answer the questions about Levee improvement funding being cancelled for the past few years saying that it was an "inappropriate" question at this time I must remember that response when my boss asks me awkward questions I don't like
    Gigabyte GA-EX 58-UD5 MoBo/F7 BIOS/Intel i7 Quad Core 920 CPU/6 Gig RAM/Win XP/Delta 66+omni /SP-5B monitors/Sonar 8.5 PE/Trilogy/Atmosphere /Stylus RMX/Absynth4/Kontakt4 /POD XT/Z3ta+/Rapture/ Dimension Pro/Lounge Lizard/

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dachay2tnr
    Back to work tomorrow after 4 days off.
    Would they notice the difference

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul881
    Bush is unbelievable - my jaw dropped at his inept performance yesterday, announcing that HE of all people, is going to chair the investigation into the country's Katrina response

The governor of Louisiana says he will punch Bush if he hears him pointing a finger at the State response again. Gets my vote.

Guy, I found out at an early age that its not what you know but who you know that counts

Throughout my sales career, especially in export sales, I always looked for the "easy" connection; the guy who could really help me win. And it wasn't always the obvious ones.

I just love the way the White House refused to answer the questions about Levee improvement funding being cancelled for the past few years saying that it was an "inappropriate" question at this time I must remember that response when my boss asks me awkward questions I don't like
    I couldn't agree more. What a farce this guy has been.
    :mad:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul881
    Would they notice the difference

Certainly. The lights in my office will be on.

Sonar 5.0
    Having skipped version 4, I was all set to fork it over for version 5.0.

Now that I have looked at the feature set for Studio 5.0, there is absolutely nothing in there to entice me to buy it.

Producer is a bit more interesting - but entirely untested.

For ex., Roland V-vocal. If you don't own Autotune or Melodyne, this alone could be worth the difference in price between Studio and Producer (+ $129 in my case). However, this assumes it functions as well as Autotune or Melodyne. Until that is demonstrated, caveat emptor. (And since I already own Autotune, this has marginal value to me.)

Purespace Convultion Reverb - Is it any better than the (free) Sir Reverb. And where do you get the impulse files? Anyone wanna bet there are 1 or 2 included and you need to buy any additional ones?

At this point, I am with Guy. Let's see what version 6.0 has to offer.

Thanks
    I looked at Sonar 5 this morning too. Remember, I am a HS2004 user.

It looks okay to me but I am trying out Project 5 - it has some very useful tools for layering samples and programming patterns which, for presentation work that I do, is the way to go. But the demo of P5 won't work properly so the jury is out at the moment.

Mike, my Sir reverb refuses to work - it just makes my puter drop-out. I tried checking the delay box in the wrapper, but still no good. How did you get yours to run? Interestingly, the older version ran okay but I binned it How stupid was that? (Still, once a salesman, always a salesman )

Thread Information