DAW Users With ADD

So which present is mine?

I don't see any boxes big enough to hold a guitar, so I'm guessing it's some kind of software. I got it, Komplete from NI.

Can you pick up the box in front and shake it for me!

Fraid not:( This Christmas, my other pastimes of Digital Photography and Birdwatching have been the subjects of my letter to Santa, with a new tripod and membership of the RSPB high on the wish list.

But fear not, if my bonus is what I think it should be, then a new amp is a distinct possibility early in the New Year (Pevey ValveKing):cool:

Or, if those shower of pillocks at M-Audio don't get my omni working, it looks like a new I/O interface is going to be required:mad:

Family Christmas party today with a present exchange. Forty attendees for a sit down dinner in a medieval castle, plus a few babies and toddlers, so the chaos will be extreme. Thats the reason why we don't have volunteers from the family any more to hold this event at their home.;)

Have fun! :)

Happy Birthday, Guy!!!

GiantsI can't figure it out. This team has looked horrible all year. Yet they only have 4 losses... and 3 of them were to the Packers and Cowboys. Is the rest of the league just that bad?? If they only had a quarterback, they could be dangerous. :rolleyes:

Weather
We have a Nor'easter here today. However, so far it's around 36 degrees, so it's mostly rain. So far this year my snow shovel has managed to stay in the basement. ;)

GiantsI can't figure it out. This team has looked horrible all year. Yet they only have 4 losses... and 3 of them were to the Packers and Cowboys. Is the rest of the league just that bad?? If they only had a quarterback, they could be dangerous. :rolleyes:
errrr... never mind. :( :(

errrr... never mind. :( :(

Just good enough to disapoint you I guess.I fell asleep on the game and as surprised at the outcome.I'm very happy about Dallas's misfortune and will root for (gasp!)the Bears tonight.

Or, if those shower of pillocks at M-Audio don't get my omni working, it looks like a new I/O interface is going to be required
I would get a whole new computer while you're at it.C'mon,it's Christmas.

LATER!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!
45 today,I'm not getting older,I'm getting better.:rolleyes::D:cool:

I've got to go shovel again,whoo hooo!

Have you been naughty or nice?

LATER!!!!!

A belated "Happy Birthday" mate:D I trust you got everything you had hoped for?:)

A belated "Happy Birthday" mate:D I trust you got everything you had hoped for?:)

I gave up hope a long time ago!

As birthdays go it was pretty darn unremarkable.:rolleyes:

Work
I'll be working both the eves this year,:(.We're too busy for me to take off.I'm hoping to take the whole week off next year.:cool:

Other news
Sadly,there is nothing new in my life.But then again,that could be a good thing.

LATER!!!

I have put in nearly a full week of work this week. :eek:

Aren't there laws against this? :mad: :mad:

I should bloody well hope so:eek: In all my life I have never done a full weeks work and don't intend to start doing so now:eek:
:D

Doing a few meetings this morning and then heading for home at lunchtime. A few more bits of work to complete this afternoon and then I am done for this year:) I also have a very nice job offer to contemplate over Christmas too:cool:

For the first time in 20 years, my folks are not with us this Christmas, they headed off to the States on Wednesday to stay with my brothers family, so its just us four plus our two daughters boyfriends for Christmas and Boxing Day.:cool:

And the good news is that my M-Audio gear has been fixed and is being couriered to me today:D

IT'S FRIDAY!!!
I have put in nearly a full week of work this week
I'd like to hear your definition of "full week".

I've got a job that's 120 miles away,so if I play my cards right I'll do four hours of work and four hours of driving.:cool:My boss OTOH probably wants me to do seven hours of work and one hour of driving.:confused:

I'm cranky,grumpy and burnt out.:mad::o:rolleyes:
Bring on the holidaze.

L A T E R !

Christmas
The Dachays have purchased themselves a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue for the holidays. Ostensibly 25+ years old at $175/bottle. And it shall be cracked open tonight!! :cool:

Which just goes to show... you're never too old to treat yourself well. :) :)

Merry Christmas (a bit early, since it might take me until New Years to recover). ;)

Christmas
The Dachays have purchased themselves a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue for the holidays. Ostensibly 25+ years old at $175/bottle. And it shall be cracked open tonight!! :cool:

Which just goes to show... you're never too old to treat yourself well. :) :)

Merry Christmas (a bit early, since it might take me until New Years to recover). ;)

I'm much too unsophisticated to enjoy any of that fancy shmancy booze,wine and cigars stuff:D.In fact there's not too much in the material world that really gets me going,well except for gear that is.:D

In all my life I have never done a full weeks work and don't intend to start doing so now
Sometimes I feel like it's a competition between you guys and I'm the scorekeeper.:rolleyes:

LATER!!!!!

I'm much too unsophisticated to enjoy any of that fancy shmancy booze,wine and cigars stuff:D.In fact there's not too much in the material world that really gets me going,well except for gear that is.:D

So here's the deal. It was better than the Black. But it also costs 6 times what Black costs... and it wasn't six times better. :rolleyes:
Sometimes I feel like it's a competition between you guys and I'm the scorekeeper.
So who's winning? :confused:

Hmmmm... I didn't see that the last time I was in the liquor store. Maybe they keep it in the back. ;)

I used to have a penchant for Moroccan Black :eek::cool: Then I got married and got a mortage:(

And a very Happy Christmas to all my Yankee friends and wishing you and yours an extremely prosperous New Year:)

Mike, I'll listen to the toon over Christmas as I now have my gear back at long last (and the small matter of $168 as well:() I haven't really had any time to mess with it seriously (do I ever?) but the sound is definitely "rounder" and less harsh. The repairers also replaced the cheapo pots on the front of the omni box and they are much better - smoother in operation and less noisy - the originals were shockingly noisy when you moved the pots.

It is now Christmas Eve evening here; I am waiting for daughter #2 and my wife to get ready and then the three of us plus #2's boyfriend are all going out to dinner in the only place in the village in which you can part with any money (not counting the church or the village hall that does cream teas in summer;)).

The village pub has changed hands and is now owned by an award winning chef and so we are going to sample the delights there tonight. And best of all, it serves real ale and is just a short walk away, around the corner.

The Turkey is cooked ready for tomorrow, so is the gammon, so we are all set for a nice quiet relaxing Christmas.:)

Have a great one when yours gets there:cool:

Back