DAW Users With ADD

It's Friday!!!
It's been a weird stretch of work the last two weeks.Not really smooth,but it's Friday now and for a couple of days life will be as it should.:cool::)

LATER!!!

I'm thinking mine will be the "out of work blues."

It'll be a happy song, though. :D

I'm sure your ex-employer was whistling it the day you gave notice.:p

Today
Cut the grass,something I let go for awhile.:DThere hasn't been much rain lately so the growth has been somewhat stifled,I can go along with that.:cool:
I'm taking my kids to a farmers market this morning that features live entertainment.It's free so I can fit it into my budget.:DOther than that who knows,sometimes no plan is the best plan.:cool:

LATER!!!!

Okay, so my blues song will be " how can I recognise work when I see it Blues":D

Great gig last night - helped raise over $1400 for the Hospice that cared for my Father in Law - will post a picture when I get round to processing em.:rolleyes: I did five songs that seemed to go down well and then did another four with my daughter Becki that went down a storm:cool:

Rain - still continues to blight us, unbelievably bad summer.:mad:

Jobs - I get at least one headhunter a week call me asking if I am interested in a new opening.:) Soon as one offers me a "no work for lots more money" opening I'm gonna take it:D

I do realise that that is exactly what people think I have now:o

:)

It's Monday
Not bad as far as Mondays go.I seem to have more trouble on Fridays.

Jobs
The only jobs I've ever been offered were the kind I don't want.
I've got twenty years of work to go(at least),maybe ten more of door hanging.:eek:

The weather

http://www.onwisconsin.com/weather/

That pretty much sums up the whole month around here.We could use some rain.

LATER!!!

The weather

That pretty much sums up the whole month around here.We could use some rain.
It rained all day here today. :( However, the weekend was quite nice. Low 80's with low humidity. Today it only got to around 70. :eek:

Okay, so my blues song will be " how can I recognise work when I see it Blues"
I think "I ain't been on vacation in two weeks and I'm down, down, down" would be more like it. :rolleyes:

It rained all day here today. :( However, the weekend was quite nice. Low 80's with low humidity. Today it only got to around 70. :eek:

Rain I don't know if you are catching any of the news from the UK but basically much of southern England is under water - Oxford, Reading and Gloucester are particularly hard hit - 1,000,000 people are affected. They have no electricity, no fresh water and are running out of food. Emergency services are at full stretch (those that ain't fighting the Taliban or the nutters in Iraq:rolleyes:)

I was driving last Friday in the south and at mid-day, it was as black as night and the windscreen wipers were on full bore for hours as I made my way through flooded streets with rain lashing down.

I think "I ain't been on vacation in two weeks and I'm down, down, down" would be more like it. :rolleyes:

True, very true:)

Which reminds me, come this Sunday, wifey and I jet off to Lanzerote for two glorious weeks of lying in the sun, reading books, snoozing at all times of the day as well as enjoying great food and lots of cold alcoholic drinks:cool: Can't wait:D

And we have just started to think about going away in Novemeber and Cristmas/New Year too:p

Actually, my vacation starts this Friday with my daughter going into the studio in London with her band to record her new "Award winning" song, "Beautiful Nightmare." And I will be there as well, "interloping" as an interested bystander (and financier;))

It's a very tough life - only 14 years left on my mortgage and then I'm done.:(

Women's Work
So I started out the day by washing the kitchen floor. Then I needed to change the sheets on the bed, and throw in a load of laundry. After I took the clothes out of the washer, I put them in the dryer. When I started the dryer it was making an unusual sound. After starting and stopping it a couple of times, I realized the drum wasn't rotating. So I took off my skirt and apron, and threw on a pair of coveralls, and...

Men's Work

...got my tools out and starting tearing apart the dryer. Sure enough, a busted drive belt. Ordered a new one from Sears, paid for expedited shipping, and it is scheduled to be here tomorrow. $37 for a friggin' rubber belt... but I figure I saved at least $100 by not calling a repairman.

It's tough being both a mother and a father to these children. :D

Women's Work
So I started out the day by washing the kitchen floor. Then I needed to change the sheets on the bed, and throw in a load of laundry. After I took the clothes out of the washer, I put them in the dryer. When I started the dryer it was making an unusual sound. After starting and stopping it a couple of times, I realized the drum wasn't rotating. So I took off my skirt and apron, and threw on a pair of coveralls, and...

Men's Work

...got my tools out and starting tearing apart the dryer. Sure enough, a busted drive belt. Ordered a new one from Sears, paid for expedited shipping, and it is scheduled to be here tomorrow. $37 for a friggin' rubber belt... but I figure I saved at least $100 by not calling a repairman.

It's tough being both a mother and a father to these children. :D

Tell me about it...I had become an expert on broken washing machines and dryers. Or I did until the day I went into the shop and asked to see the most expensive washer and dryer they had, made in Germany. Twice the cost of anything else but built to a spec, not a price.

Only broke down once and got the man out for free (3 year free warranty).:)

The dryer broke within a year and so we got a replacement for free.:)

Only broke down once and got the man out for free (3 year free warranty).:)
Mine's about the cheapest they offered at the time I bought it, and it's been running trouble-free for maybe 15-16 years (until today).

Of course, up until recently I only used it maybe once a week. My son, however, seems to find a need to run it every day. He even uses it to do his ironing - shirt got a wrinkle, just throw it in the dryer. Why not, Dad pays for the gas and electric. :rolleyes:

washer/dryer
I've done nothing to my washer and have changed the ignitor and regulaters on my dryer in thirteen years.There's a store in Bay View run by an old man and old lady that sells parts out of a hodge podge storefront.Unique by todays stanards.
Why not, Dad pays for the gas and electric.
Isn't that reflected in his rent payments?:confused::rolleyes::p

Rain I don't know if you are catching any of the news from the UK but basically much of southern England is under water - Oxford, Reading and Gloucester are particularly hard hit - 1,000,000 people are affected. They have no electricity, no fresh water and are running out of food. Emergency services are at full stretch (those that ain't fighting the Taliban or the nutters in Iraq)
So are the people being resourceful and helping themselves out or are they waiting for the government to step in and "save them"?:eek:Just a little post Katrina burn there.:D

LATER!!!

Tell me about it...I had become an expert on broken washing machines and dryers. Or I did until the day I went into the shop and asked to see the most expensive washer and dryer they had, made in Germany. Twice the cost of anything else but built to a spec, not a price.

My washer cost us a grand. It's a Bosch. I think it's German. Front loader. Uses 10 gallons per wash. We have a well. Worth every penny.

Back