DAW Users With ADD

Paul881 said:
Ozzie comes from my home city of Birmingham and speaks "Brummigum". And he has been known to partake of the odd substance or two, so it just makes it even more difficuilt to understand him.;)

Nah...Ozzy is easy to understand. Just turn on the close captioning and read the subtitles.

What the hells going on here?

Chuck,listened to your tune...very cool.Went to your bio page and seen that all your influences were English.I'm pretty much the same way having been a huge Beatles fan forever.
Now Paul has gloating rights when it comes to music but as far as sports....
The good thing about riots at soccer games is at least the fans get to see some action.
Paul here in Wisconsin we eat a sausage call a brat the A being pronounced ah .Its way better than a hot dog and is usually served with saurkraut and some sort of mystery sauce.
Also at football games(American style the real stuff) we in wisconsin like to wear a large wedge of fake cheese on our heads,thus giving us the nickname cheeseheads .
Now Chucku would be a chowderhead .
And if you're from Illinois that makes you a dickhead .
Now what does it say about New Jersey that teams that play there won't even admit it?:confused:

Yes, I would consider myself a chowderhead, but you'd have to kill me to pronounce the "r" - "chowdahead"

And at least we make it right up here - New Yorkers do some wierd shit with it.

*&^@#$% Yankees beat Randy Johnson last night! I guess he can't beat them if it's not the World Series (yes, Paul, "World" - the world's best players are here.);)

In NJ the sports stadiums serve a dual purpose. After they're built they play the games in them, and during construction they're used to dispose of bodies. :)

I'm still pissed that the Giants go by NY when they play in NJ. Can you believe that for awhile they were actually the "nothing" Giants. The official name was still NY Giants, but all of their apparel and logos did not show any NY ensignia. I suppse this was a concession to NJ. Big concession, we'll be just The Giants (is that like Da Bears?). A couple of years ago they went back to calling themselves the NY Giants.

As far as the Jets go, since they haven't been to the SB since 1969, nobody really cares what they call themselves.

Chuck, yes the Yanks beat Randy (on a grand slam in the bottom of the 8th - although it wasn't hit off him). Unfortunately the Sox won as well. You guys must be doing it with smoke and mirrors. C'mon, Carlos Baerga and Ricky Henderson??

Paul - thanks for the explanation on the World Cup. Good luck against Nigeria tomorrow. Can we expect that you'll be downing a few again?

Mike did you see the link for the Jam-Fest (in this forum)? It's about a 2-hour drive for me. I'm thinking I could drive there & back in the same day (August 10)

Chuck - haven't seen the post you refer to. As I said earlier, I never have spent much time in the Cave. I'll do a search for it when I have a little more time.

AR - It's Joisey for us (and probably Jahzee for Chuck). Home of Bon Jovi, the Boss, and Tony Soprano.

BTW, did I tell you guys I used to see the Boss before. . . oh yeah, I did. :)

Acid rock wrote:

Now Paul has gloating rights when it comes to music but as far as sports....

What you should have said was that once us Brits had gloating rights over music but the s**t we have to put up with now........:mad:

And for pace, agression, skill etc I give you.......rugby:) As for baseball.....action? Watching paint dry is more interesting.:D

Don't you get embaressed when nowhere else in the world plays any of your sports?;) World Series? Got to be joking, should be prosectuted under the Trades Description Act for calling it that.:)

Mike wrote:

In NJ the sports stadiums serve a dual purpose. After they're built they play the games in them, and during construction they're used to dispose of bodies.

Funniest post since acidrock's some weeks back regarding his family thinking he genuinely wanted to spend more time with them when this forum went off air for two days.

Chuck, thanks for the explanation of the frankfurter name change , very interesting. It was announced last week that Britain is paying its final WWII loan repayment to the USA in 2006. Britain had to pay for all the US help that it got during the war and yet Germany and Japan got it all for free afterwards under the Marshall plan. somewhat ironic ?

Yeah, Paul, our enemies got aid, but our allies got loans to repay...
Look at it this way, that sumbitch Hitler went after France and Britain to start WWII partly out of reaction to the squeeze he felt Germany got from those countries after WWI, when they demanded war reparations and Germany couldn't afford them....
Maybe the US said, hey look what happenned before when Germany was brought to its knees, let's help out.
As for the Japanese, we really screwed them - we taught them Baseball:)

Dachay, sorry about the Nets - I guess Celtic fans should be happy to have been spared the wrath of the Lakers.
I see the Yankee loss only as a bump in the road. They took 2 out of 3 from the champs after the Sox got crushed by them last weekend.
Either way, Sox and Yanks should make the post season. One will be the wild card, I'm sure (forget the Angels).

http://www.homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?s=&postid=418532#post418532
Ah yes the debate rages on.Why do non-Americans seem so self conscious about the non-interest of soccer by Americans?
The reason is....we already have a boring sport,its called b-a-s-e-b-a-l-l,we don't need another another dull sport.
As far as dull sports go I'd have to say that baseball is superior to soccer in that you get more breaks for beer,nachos and taking a leak.In soccer there may be only one play worth watching in a game and you could be getting a brewski when that happens.
Have you non-Americans ever heard of a commercial time out?
And whats up with that crazy cricket crap?

NFL football is the supreme team sport,no two out of three crap,no break to spit and scratch and they can touch the ball with their hands!

More pathetic than you can imagine!:(
The sun comes up at 5:00 and me with it,years of working in the construction industry have gotten me trained.
No work today though I'll be watching the kids and thats a job in itself!

Can there be anything more exciting than a 0-0 draw in soccer? Geez, at least in baseball, someone eventually wins.

Well, the US advances despite a loss to Poland. Should we feel good about that? Poland was 0-2 before today. So apparently the US team is backing into the second round. What's up with that? (Wow, this sounds like I might give a shit. :) )

And are the rest of you guys getting this nonstop Clemons-Piazza nonsense. In NY that's all the sports stations are talking about. Roger is still a Red Sock as far as I'm concerned. Chuck, you want him back?

BTW, Chuck, I won't be going to the jam-fest. Woodstock removed all those type of urges from me about 34 years ago. (And I have the missing brain cells to prove it.) These days it's pretty much just the back deck and a glass of cognac.

Acidrock, it doesn't sound like you sincerely want to be with your kids today. My ex used to get all over my case when I referred to it as babysitting. "They're YOUR kids!" And her point was...? Anyone?

Acidrock, it doesn't sound like you sincerely want to be with your kids today. My ex used to get all over my case when I referred to it as babysitting. "They're YOUR kids!" And her point was...? Anyone?
____________________________________________________That is so funny,word for word as my wife says it.I do believe there's something in a womans genes that they have so many common lines!
What are the highlights of soccer matches?
Do they show shots that almost made it?
Baseball needs to get rid of Bud Selig,his incompetence as commissioner is only surpassed by his incompetence as an owner!:mad:
http://www.summerfest.com/
Now this is the happening festival in Milwaukee,
Sheryl Crowe,the Eagles,Tom Petty,Alicia Keyes and a zillion other bands.My wife and I will be going to see Ted Nugent and Blondie on the fifth.
From the rumors going round Clemons should be worried about Piazza hitting on him rather than someone hitting him with a ball.:eek:
Dachay,is that song" the girl in the light" a cover?I dug the vocals.

Clemons should be worried about Piazza hitting on him

AR - LOL :D . Did you hear his denial? "I'm a he-he-he-he-heterosexual." I kept waiting for him finish with, "Yeah, that's the ticket, a heterosexual."

Wow, Girl in the Light. How did you come across that one? Actually, it's an original (written by yours truly). Glad you liked the vocals. My group is essentially a vocal group (I'm the only musician, along with a drummer friend who helps out occasionally.) Most of the stuff we have done is a cappella (e.g., In My Room, which is also on the NWR site).

Let me know how the Eagles are. Based on the Hell Freezes Over CD, they must be awesome live. We can't get even close to their harmonies even using a 1000 overdubs, and they nail it live. Well, I guess that's probably why I'm recording in my basement and they ain't.

Hi Guys, been working away for a few days so can only catch up now.

acidrock wrote:

And whats up with that crazy cricket crap?

Cricket is an engaging game played over three days requiring cerebal strategising, fearless batting and quick reflexes........and its as exciting as watching coastal erosion. But not everyone thinks that way, there are some big cricket fans around the world.

There are some one day games which are a bit better but its still only then just on a par with baseball.

Acidrock looking after the kids.........jeez, what will this forum do without him? I bet he sneaks in and peeks at the forum during his babysitting duties....:)

Cricket is the result of English substance abuse before they decided to focus their hallucinogenic intake on music.
It rained most of the day here but for some reason the site was s-l-o-w downloading,added with the fact my server sucks spending time with my kids became a viable alternative.
Man once I get a digital server I'm locking myself in the basement and I'm not coming up until I download the entire internet.

On the subject of singing a cappela,when i sing it's a-crapola.One of my favorite vocal groups would be the Fleetwoods,I only know of a couple of their songs but damn they're smooth!
I have a freind going to see the Eagles,when I used to play out we played quite a few of their songs(poorly).They've broken a longstanding rule by charging for all the seats.Previously all grass seats were free on a first come first serve basis.
Given the prices on concerts of concerts the last non-summerfest concert I went to was a Jeff Beck/Santana concert.These days I prefer to go to a club and get up close to see the guys playing,plus it was getting so embarassing when my wife would lift her top to show the goods at those damn concerts.;)

Faddahs day tamale....
is it going to be a tie.....cologne....weedwacker....or a Les Paul and a Marshall stack?
Hmmmm....I kind of like old spice!

Back