DAW Users With ADD

I watched the Kansas City game. How in the world do those guys run around out there with bare arms when it's 7 below and wind blowing to -30 wind chill? That was INSANE.

From the look at the webcams around Buffalo, they didn't get as much snow as they thought they would get. They probably should have played the game.

Yup. Definitely a long thread. Dachay has been here since day 1. . . well, maybe day 2. Whatever. Since the beginning, anyway. Great thread.
Sadly it’s dying a slow death lately. It actually started in the Cakewalk Forum with a few Cakewalk users. Then we realized we were talking more about other shit (sports mostly) than recording, so we moved it to The Cave. Surprisingly someone saved it even after The Cave was shut down. :eek:

I watched the Kansas City game. How in the world do those guys run around out there with bare arms when it's 7 below and wind blowing to -30 wind chill? That was INSANE.

From the look at the webcams around Buffalo, they didn't get as much snow as they thought they would get. They probably should have played the game.

Love those games… as long as I’m sitting on my couch in my 70° house. :)

Cakewalk is making a comeback now that it's free... lol.
I loved Cakewalk until I found Reason.
Of course, I'm hardly touching my studio computer lately. Haven't even re-installed my free Cakewalk. Sadly, I just collect new guitars and amps and pedals and wish I had time to record some of the ideas I'm playing around with.
I DO miss it, but I have so much to do now that I'm alone. Having two people in the house certainly gave me more free time.

Cakewalk is making a comeback now that it's free... lol.
I loved Cakewalk until I found Reason.
Of course, I'm hardly touching my studio computer lately. Haven't even re-installed my free Cakewalk. Sadly, I just collect new guitars and amps and pedals and wish I had time to record some of the ideas I'm playing around with.
I DO miss it, but I have so much to do now that I'm alone. Having two people in the house certainly gave me more free time.
Actually they’re discontinuing the free version. Not totally sure if it will continue to work going forward. It’s still available for download, but it requires periodic activation. No information on whether you’ll still be able to do that.

They’re launching a new version of Sonar. Presumably they will sell it. No idea on pricing yet.

i have too many brain cells invested in Cakewalk/Sonar/Bandlab to try something different at this point.

BTW, I went through a fairly prolonged period of not recording too. But lately the juices have been flowing again. Not sure for how much longer, but it‘s a fun ride in the meantime.

I have been playing with Reaper V7, and while I'm sure that it's got a lot of improvements, I'm not quite as enamored with the interface. Luckily, it's a couple of click to pull up the Version 5 theme which I've been working with for years.

Just for grins, I tried to install the Tascam and Zoom drivers for my interface on my WinXP machine and both throw up the "Not compatible with this version of Windows". Its the opposite of the folks trying to use old Firewire interfaces.

Back