Page 1371 of 1371 FirstFirst ... 371 871 1271 1321 1361 1369 1370 1371
Results 13,701 to 13,710 of 13710

Thread: DAW Users With ADD

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    My G Boys did their best to help out your Packers, but you just wouldn’t take it.

Cost you a coach too, I see.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dachay2tnr View Post
    My G Boys did their best to help out your Packers, but you just wouldn’t take it.

Cost you a coach too, I see.
    Losing to a warm weather 2-9 dome team at Lambeau in December is a low I never thought we could reach in this season, I'm sure that it sped up the process. These are the games we won back when we were 6-10 or 5-11. Not an Aikman fan but I think he assessed the situation properly when he said all the pressure is on Rodgers now. It's eerily reminiscent of Favre's last years where it seems like the QB is running the show.

Thanks
    To lower the strings? Id be worried it would affect the intonation and give me string buzz. Its a great instrument in many respects, but not eminently playable.
    Yikes, I think once you get over $500 it better be very playable, we might have different definitions. Of course I'm an odd duck, I like high action and thick strings, I don't like those super fast necks.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Doobie View Post

An old friend (was actually my older brother's age, but he was an instrumental in my life in encouraging me to play guitar, perhaps my biggest fan), i'd lost track of him and had recently heard he was ill. Turned out he started having problems around the middle of September, peeing blood, I think. He died November 19th. Cancer. By the time it became more common knowledge, I didn't get to see him. Few did. My brother was allowed in 2 days before his death, said he looked like a 90 year old man. He was 57. I've long since had to take off my shoes to count the number of close friends who are no longer here. RIP, Jimmy.

I used to think life is long, I suppose many of us do when we are younger. It is hard to believe how quickly life goes by now that I am older. This last year has flown by, each day, week, month, I can't believe winter is here, nearly Christmas. If there is any truth that time goes by more rapidly the closer you get to the end,....

Sorry, don't mean to be a bummer this beautiful (cloudy and gloomy) Sunday afternoon.
    I've been a little bummed about some home repairs I have to do in the upcoming year, they will take up both my vacation time and money, but I said to myself "At least I don't have cancer". Half of my family is dead from various reasons, the thing I value more than anything now is my time, even if I do waste quite a bit of it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead1 View Post
    Yikes, I think once you get over $500 it better be very playable, we might have different definitions. Of course I'm an odd duck, I like high action and thick strings, I don't like those super fast necks.
    Then you’d love my guitar.

Intonation is great. Records very well. Fit and finish is top notch. But it’s a dreadnaught. They recommend thick strings, and the action is higher than i’d like. The combination makes it a bit hard to play imo.

The new one I looked at is their grand auditorium. Uses lighter gauge strings. Not sure abiut the string height, but it seemed more playable than mine. Of course, I didn’t play it very long, so it’s kind of subjective at this point.

Thanks
    Then you’d love my guitar.

Intonation is great. Records very well. Fit and finish is top notch. But it’s a dreadnaught. They recommend thick strings, and the action is higher than i’d like. The combination makes it a bit hard to play imo.

The new one I looked at is their grand auditorium. Uses lighter gauge strings. Not sure abiut the string height, but it seemed more playable than mine. Of course, I didn’t play it very long, so it’s kind of subjective at this point.
    Just try a lighter set of strings, you don't have to put heavy strings on it. If worse comes to worse get a new nut.

Lots of choices when it comes to strings, you just got to find the set you like. Lots of specialty sets too, different winds, alloys, light tops etc..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead1 View Post
    Just try a lighter set of strings, you don't have to put heavy strings on it. If worse comes to worse get a new nut.

Lots of choices when it comes to strings, you just got to find the set you like. Lots of specialty sets too, different winds, alloys, light tops etc..
    I’ve tried lighter strings, but the guitar sounds better with heavier gauge.

I finally broke down and had my electric set up properly. May be time for the acoustic. I suspect filing the nut or saddle might be helpful, but I’m leery of trying it myself.

Thanks
    I’ve tried lighter strings, but the guitar sounds better with heavier gauge.

I finally broke down and had my electric set up properly. May be time for the acoustic. I suspect filing the nut or saddle might be helpful, but I’m leery of trying it myself.
    I hope it doesn't seem like I'm giving you a hard time, but it seems like a sideways move to buy another Taylor,especially if it sets you back $$$.

We have different philosophies regarding acoustics, or guitars in general. I'm looking for a price/performance tool, you want a "baby". While I could afford a "baby" I just couldn't handle it if I were to nick or scratch it, which I would do within minutes of owning it. Most musicians my age I run into are playing high end guitars, Martins and Taylors, but I just don't have the desire. I've always liked mutts, whether it be dogs or guitars. I got my Fender acoustic in the late 80's and I've been playing it ever since, it's worth more to me than anyone else.

People are the same way about cars.

It's easy buying a nice high end acoustic, but it's more fun finding that low end keeper. I liken it to picking through the lumber pile at the building supply store trying to find the straight boards.

Christmas
    I got my shopping done, I bought my wife's present.

Oh and I bought mine too.

I bought a baritone acoustic on the Stupid Deal of the Day a couple months ago and I just ordered the case for it. If I weren't so broke I would've got the Danelectro baby sitar, which I could've got cheap, but there will be other sales.

Packers
    It's an unusual position to be in this time of year. Last year with Rodgers out and nothing on the line for the last game of the year we hosted a Christmas party and there was very little interest in the game.

LATER!!!

Thanks
    this weekend Bears and Rams could be a great game, the pressure is there.
    locally the Cowboys seemed to have made a unpopular trade that paid off, that's opened up an entire 2nd playbook of plays they can now use.
    they beat a # 1 New Orleans Saints with this "change". They'll be a good game with Philly I suspect, I'll have the popcorn out.
    Packers seem done, they might get lucky and ruin someone elses chance like a Wild Card can do, Vikings have potential,...
    Saints, Pats, zzzzzzzzzzzz…. Superbowl might not even pass the Rams v Chiefs gig, that was a game. That might have been the game of the year.
    Bears and Rams.... some reason I think the Bears might pull it off, but the Rams are so damn relentless.

interesting Dacythar. getting a guitar setup.
    Ive had this done once and was blown away by it. Then I learned to do it on a Squier and it was fun but I found my limitations on frets and ruined a good no name guitar, and didn't want to invest $$$ in being a shade tree luthier doing one guitar every 10yrs.

I went to the sons show Friday, there was like 4% of us old people, the 96% were 25-35, its their world, their music. Ska.Punk.Raggae whatever...the Guiness was great. A old dude from Australia was there drinking on his "package" he got from Coca-Cola layoff after 25 yrs. He was laid off and traveling on his "layoff package money". He was shitfaced and talkative and having fun. He was there as a tourist attraction to the Gas Monkey Bar from the TV show he said is big in Australia. ...so he was there for awhile, but I heard later he fell down the stairs (after being asked to leave 5 times, not in a bad vioient way but a courtesy safety way...)
    He was having fun, on his way to Georgia then New York.... he was kind of the highlight of the evening. He said "mate and all that accent" and was
    drinking huge glasses of gin and tonic, and seemed amazed I could drink 8 or more Guiness beers. I didn't see him fall down the stairs backwards but a dude told me he did ok and took an Uber to his hotel, Someone said "He probably didn't feel it until the next morning. He fell all the way down the stairs backwards".
    Cheers! Aussie dude! Glad you had a good time!

if it's not happening in the room, it ain't gonna happen on tape.-H.Gerst

Thanks
    Giants now 5-8. Can I wear my jersey in publc again?

I still don’t believe you should ever use a #2 pick on a running back, but I still have to admit this Barkley is something special. And very level headed - not a head case like some others on this team.

Thread Information