Page 1345 of 1402 FirstFirst ... 345 845 1245 1295 1335 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1355 1395 ... LastLast
Results 13,441 to 13,450 of 14013

Thread: DAW Users With ADD

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead1 View Post
    I sucked last night and I didn't get as drunk as I was shooting for....
    Well there’s your answer.

Thanks
    St Pattys day...Had a good Friday with the sons band warming up for the LongBeach Dub Allstars gang and a free shot of Jameson Whiskey...theres like 3 or 4 bars in this place and only the main had Guiness beer, so suffered through some regular ..finally had to have my Guiness...then left early because Im old and was fading, up at 4am so 10pm was late.

its like a great night when there isnt any technical issues....and this night there wasnt. Great weather, great sound...too short of time. The gear gremlins didnt show up until later I was told, when the headliners stopped playing and told the soundguys to fix the technical issues that arose or it was gig off, it got that bad.

Soundguys have it tough....when its a great gig, its because the band is magical!

when the amps blow out the sound guys get the poop dinner and ulcers.

if it's not happening in the room, it ain't gonna happen on tape.-H.Gerst

Thanks
    TV
    I ended up buying a 50" TV, anything bigger would've been a tight fit. I've been to people's houses where I thought the TV was too big for the room but YMMV. 4K-UHD, looks good and was reasonably priced. I just moved ten years forward technology wise.

Spring break
    My son went with his friends to Nashville, he made it before I did. My wife of course had to stay up until she got a text saying he made it safely.

I should really travel more, but I'm so damn cheap and I feel like I always have something that needs to be done around the house.

The weather
    We've been in a holding pattern of mild weather and we'll be getting a slight warm up this week. The trees and plants are starting to bud, but I'm still not putting my shovel away.

LATER!!!

Thanks
    TV
    I ended up buying a 50" TV, anything bigger would've been a tight fit. I've been to people's houses where I thought the TV was too big for the room but YMMV. 4K-UHD, looks good and was reasonably priced. I just moved ten years forward technology wise.

Spring break
    My son went with his friends to Nashville, he made it before I did. My wife of course had to stay up until she got a text saying he made it safely.

I should really travel more, but I'm so damn cheap and I feel like I always have something that needs to be done around the house.

The weather
    We've been in a holding pattern of mild weather and we'll be getting a slight warm up this week. The trees and plants are starting to bud, but I'm still not putting my shovel away.

LATER!!!
    50” is a decent size. My living room tv is only 46”. I would probably go to 55” if/when I replace it. It’s a plasma, about 5 years old. But I find these newer TVs, with all the bells and whistles, don’t last like the old ones. I had a 25” Panasonic console tv I bought in 1986. It was still going fine in 2016. But I couldn’t even give it away. . Seriously, I called a Goodwill, Salvation Army, no one wanted it. Even put it on Craigslist. Free... just come and get it. No takers.

Just goes to show. People will be on welfare and food stamps, but will still have a $700 smart phone and a flat screen tv.

Weather here has sucked. Four nor’easters in a row. Last one dumped about a foot of snow on us. Fortunately the weather’s been mostly in the 40s, so it melts off pretty fast. But I’m ready for spring.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dachay2tnr View Post
    50” is a decent size. My living room tv is only 46”. I would probably go to 55” if/when I replace it.
    I was initially going to get a 55", but our TV stand is a triangle corner piece and we were limited on what would work. It seems after 55" prices jump.

Thanks
    I was initially going to get a 55", but our TV stand is a triangle corner piece and we were limited on what would work. It seems after 55" prices jump.
    It seems after 55” it jumps to 65”, and imo that would be too big for my room. The room is somewhat long and narrow (maybe 18’ x 11.5’), and the tv is placed along the long wall. So you’re maybe only 9’ or 10’ away when watching it. A 65” tv might work if I used the length of the room, but the furniture wouldn’t really fit well that way.

Thanks
    Biggest flaw of new TV?
    The speakers suck.

Thanks
    Biggest flaw of new TV?
    The speakers suck.
    I don’t even use my tv’s speakers. They’re turned off. I pretty much went the home theater route. Dumped my old hifi stereo system, but salvaged the speakers (decent Polk Audios). Got a new a/v receiver. Connected the Polk Audios to it. Run everything directly into the receiver (cable box, cd/dvd player, Roku, etc), and then run video out from the receiver to the TV. Receiver handles all the audio, and passes the video to the TV (via an hdmi cable). The receiver will handle surround sound, but I never invested in additional speakers. Everything is in stereo only.

So this now handles all my needs. Music and TV. I did lose the ability to play vinyl in the process. Although I could connect my old turntable to this using a preamp, there’s really no physical space for it. I’d have to put it inside a cabinet, which isn’t really conducive to changing vinyl discs.

And mp3s and Pandora are so much more convenient anyway.

If you don’t want to go that route, you could pick up a sound bar. Run a cable from the tv to the sound bar, and turn off the tv speakers. Probably cheaper than a receiver and speakers, although sound bars can run from $50 to probably $1000 or more. Would certainly upgrade the sound though.

Thanks
    Have my Bose hooked up to my surround receiver. When watching a movie it is hard to hear the voices/dialog. Turn it up so I can hear the voices and the esplosions get real esplodey. Need a center speaker to help resolve the issue.

Resisted a cell phone until I finally got one. Resisted switch from a flip phone to smart phone until I couldn't get a battery for my old phone, stopped making them, or so they claimed. Now I have a $600 theft or damage magnet that I carry around, and pretty much use exclusively as a.....phone. Land line is long gone, but the number still remains handy as password or whatever to receive discounts at the grocery and pharmacy.

Went out of town for a little over a week. Went to bed the night before I left to come home with my Taylor in the case. Woke up the next morning to find my Taylor laying on the couch half on top of my nephew's Taylor like so much chord wood. Gave it a once over, don't think it's scratched/damaged. Haven't addressed the matter yet. Overall good kid, love him to death, but at 21 years old he should know better. I guess that's the kind of thing that happens when kids are given everything nearly their entire life and haven't had to work for it. His Taylor is newer than mine, but looks kind of rough. But hey, he plays the hell out of it. Might hit the open mic night he and his buds host next time in town. Might have to write a song about the concept of respecting other people's shit in the meantime.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Doobie View Post
    Have my Bose hooked up to my surround receiver. When watching a movie it is hard to hear the voices/dialog. Turn it up so I can hear the voices and the esplosions get real esplodey. Need a center speaker to help resolve the issue.

Resisted a cell phone until I finally got one. Resisted switch from a flip phone to smart phone until I couldn't get a battery for my old phone, stopped making them, or so they claimed. Now I have a $600 theft or damage magnet that I carry around, and pretty much use exclusively as a.....phone. Land line is long gone, but the number still remains handy as password or whatever to receive discounts at the grocery and pharmacy.

Went out of town for a little over a week. Went to bed the night before I left to come home with my Taylor in the case. Woke up the next morning to find my Taylor laying on the couch half on top of my nephew's Taylor like so much chord wood. Gave it a once over, don't think it's scratched/damaged. Haven't addressed the matter yet. Overall good kid, love him to death, but at 21 years old he should know better. I guess that's the kind of thing that happens when kids are given everything nearly their entire life and haven't had to work for it. His Taylor is newer than mine, but looks kind of rough. But hey, he plays the hell out of it. Might hit the open mic night he and his buds host next time in town. Might have to write a song about the concept of respecting other people's shit in the meantime.
    I have a Taylor too. 300 series dreadnaught. It is a precision instrument. Finely crafted, but seems to lack a soul imo. Intonation is great. But, hard to put my finger on it, it doesn’t inspire me.

Been reading a lot about Andy Powers influence on the Taylor line. Mine is maybe 15 years old. Long before Powers time. Might have to check out some of their newer offerings.

My take is you would be hard pressed to find a “bad” Taylor. Their CNC machines duplicate things very precisely. But I also think you’d be hard pressed to find a “great” Taylor.

Of course the problem could well be me and not the guitar.

Thread Information