Page 1342 of 1394 FirstFirst ... 342 842 1242 1292 1332 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1352 1392 ... LastLast
Results 13,411 to 13,420 of 13940

Thread: DAW Users With ADD

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    FRIDAY!
    The best weekday of them all!

Reality, the crusher of dreams
    My dreams of buying a new TV were crushed by the reality of automotive and dental work.

The weather
    Nothing to complain about. Nothing to brag about.

LATER!!!

Thanks
    In the shadow of WalMart's announcement that the minimum to work there is going from $10 to $11, I was expecting to get a bit more than a quarter of that for my annual raise...Way to respect the individuals who serve your customers and have proven their integrity and excellence through their longevity with our company...

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

Today is my birthday and my wife's taking me to Applebee's...I still get to pay. lol
    Soundcloud Page
    I don't care about my ego, I care about my mixes--Just say what you mean.

Thanks
    The Applebees here has free birthday balloons.

IF youre buying then live large....get appetizers and a dinner...maybe even a $8 beer, I might recommend Samuel Adams. Drink half of it and send it back as tasting bad and switch to water.
    Same with the steak. lol

if it's not happening in the room, it ain't gonna happen on tape.-H.Gerst

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead1 View Post
    FRIDAY!
    The best weekday of them all!
    !
    Iím finding it hard to distinguish between weekdays and weekends these days.

Had round two with my old drummer and bass player last night. Unfortunately itíll probably be the final round for awhile. Long story, which I wonít get into, but itís a bit of a shame since I donít know how many years of playing I have left.

Thanks
    I had a stressful start of the day.

My wife got a call from her mother this morning that her dad had fallen and was stuck in the bathroom. Being the closest I went over to take care of the situation. Her parents should've been in an assisted living situation ten years ago but due to stubbornness refuse to. Things have gotten really bad, while I handled the situation I was overwhelmed and I'm not ashamed to say I cried the whole way home.

I think there's some alcohol in my near future.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead1 View Post
    I had a stressful start of the day.

My wife got a call from her mother this morning that her dad had fallen and was stuck in the bathroom. Being the closest I went over to take care of the situation. Her parents should've been in an assisted living situation ten years ago but due to stubbornness refuse to. Things have gotten really bad, while I handled the situation I was overwhelmed and I'm not ashamed to say I cried the whole way home.

I think there's some alcohol in my near future.
    Parents getting old is tough. Particularly when they require help. Glad it was nothing too serious.

My mom, god bless her, is 91 and still lives on her own. She no longer drives, but she lives in a complex that has a courtesy bus that takes them food shopping and stuff. Otherwise she’s completely independent. Her eyesight and hearing are starting to go, so the clock may be ticking. Not sure what the plan will be.

Thanks
    I was an orphan at 48...lol It's not really that funny that both my parents died fairly young, but we try to go on.

Had a great birthday yesterday. Sorry, no Samual Adams. I'm addicted to their peach tea (I haven't had a drink since 91 BTGOG).

My wife bought be a new tablet to play games on...wish I'd have gotten the $250 she spent to go toward pieces to repair my studio computer, but it's the thought that counts. Really can't afford that out of our budget right now anyway as she had to go in for another 6k medical test this past week ($1350 out of pocket, AGAIN!) and our medical debt climbed back over $10k.

New song at Church this morning: Dancing Generation by Matt Redman. Fun bass line, but I've never played a song live that I haven't practiced with the rest of the band. Going to have to get used to it though, as the new drummer and keyboardist are 45 minutes away and only show up 20-40 minutes early on Sunday.
    Soundcloud Page
    I don't care about my ego, I care about my mixes--Just say what you mean.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dachay2tnr View Post
    Glad it was nothing too serious.
    Unfortunately it's very serious. Their stubborn refusal to move into assisted living has got them in a house of horrors. The family has had an intervention and social services have been called. Apparently as long as one person can make decisions there is not much you can do.

My father in law is 6'4" and 300 lbs,he has one leg amputated to the knee. He uses a wheel chair and was stuck in a tiny non accessible bathroom. I was afraid I would break his arm or pull it out of the socket trying to get him up. In the meantime my mother in law who suffers from dementia is screaming at me because I turned the TV off because it was so loud I couldn't talk to either of them.

Assisted living gives you dignity and quality of life.

wish I'd have gotten the $250 she spent to go toward pieces to repair my studio computer,
    I'm in the same boat.

I bought an expensive computer loaded with software a few years back right about the time I stopped caring about recording. A couple weeks back it stopped working. I have too much $$$$ invested in it to let it go, but I have more important things to spend my money on at the moment.

LATER!!!

Thanks
    My recording computer is working fine. At least it was the last time I tried to record something, which is long enough ago that I don’t even remember when it was.

Anyway, I turn it on every two months or so, so it can get the 10 or 12 hours of Windows updates that Microsoft keeps sending. Lol.

I find the problem with recording is it allows you to hear what you actually sound like.

Thanks
    Hi Mike and Guy, you'll probably not remember me but I used to pop in here quite often a few years back and annoy you both so here I am again! You lucky people!
    What really triggered my posting here was the news that Cakewalk assets have been bought by a conglomerate of music brands so hopefully, Sonar will be continued. But reading your last few posts I'm not sure if you are bothered these days or not? I'm still hankering after recording but work is intense and I don't have much time to do that but I do mess around with my gear once in a while.
    I'm planning to retire at the end of Sept 2020 when I'll be 66 and before I went to Dubai and now Switzerland built myself a nice recording studio at our family home back in England which frustrates me every time I go back to see it sitting there all unused. Still, you can't have everything.
    Sorry to read about your inlaws Guy, it's very sad when you see family members in that situation; luckily my brother and I turned up the heat on our Mom a few years back and got them to move to an apartment with help available. My Mom is 87 and got a few medical issues and my Dad is 90 in May and has dementia but is compliant and relatively fit.
    Anyway, it's been nice to stop by and see you both still posting; take care and maybe I'll post again soon as long as you'll put up with me.
    Gigabyte GA-EX 58-UD5 MoBo/F7 BIOS/Intel i7 Quad Core 920 CPU/6 Gig RAM/Win XP/Delta 66+omni /SP-5B monitors/Sonar 8.5 PE/Trilogy/Atmosphere /Stylus RMX/Absynth4/Kontakt4 /POD XT/Z3ta+/Rapture/ Dimension Pro/Lounge Lizard/

Thread Information