Page 1341 of 1394 FirstFirst ... 341 841 1241 1291 1331 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1351 1391 ... LastLast
Results 13,401 to 13,410 of 13940

Thread: DAW Users With ADD

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    JWB's sound good, not sure what genre that will help create.
    I had a bunch of Guiness and Jameson with Baileys last night celebrating St. Patricks Day early this year.
    There were some good tunes playing on a few of the 70 tv screens in the bar.

You going to record the jam session?

if it's not happening in the room, it ain't gonna happen on tape.-H.Gerst

Thanks
    Guinness is my wife's favorite, we always have some in the refrigerator.

Life
    It's been on a pretty even keel lately.

Tomorrow is open jam night, it's local, walking distance. I'd go to more but unless my wife comes too, I can't justify the cost of an Uber along with my alcohol expenses.

LATER!!!

Thanks
    Florida Shooting
    My heart goes out to all the people involved. Parents should never have to bury their children, nor have to console their children on the loss of a friend.
    My ire goes out to all the libtards that think gun control is the answer. Why do we get up in arms (no pun intended) about guns when there is a gunman? We don't shoot (no pun intended again) for car control laws when someone drives through a crowd. We don't push for bomb control laws when there is a bombing. We don't make people have background checks to buy a drink when someone kills someone while driving drunk. We blame the driver, or the bomber, or the drinker...
    Sorry...just upset by the cycle. Don't like kids being killed.
    Soundcloud Page
    I don't care about my ego, I care about my mixes--Just say what you mean.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BroKen_H View Post
    Florida Shooting
    My heart goes out to all the people involved. Parents should never have to bury their children, nor have to console their children on the loss of a friend.
    My ire goes out to all the libtards that think gun control is the answer. Why do we get up in arms (no pun intended) about guns when there is a gunman? We don't shoot (no pun intended again) for car control laws when someone drives through a crowd. We don't push for bomb control laws when there is a bombing. We don't make people have background checks to buy a drink when someone kills someone while driving drunk. We blame the driver, or the bomber, or the drinker...
    Sorry...just upset by the cycle. Don't like kids being killed.
    Agree with you on the Florida shooting. It is heart wrenching. But we are on different sides about gun control. I simply fail to see the need for selling semi-automatic weapons or bump stocks or anything of that ilk. They serve no useful peaceful purpose in my mind, other than stroking someoneís ego... or mass murder.

I also am puzzled as to why these shootings donít occur in other countries. Not that they are unheard of elsewhere, but the numbers here are simply staggering. I honestly donít know if stricter gun control laws are the difference, or the Wild West mentality of the US, or what. I just know we need to start trying something. Prayers and thoughts with no action donít seem to be the answer.

Btw, NYC has erected concrete barriers to help prevent vehicles from plowing into pedestrians. And try and buy bomb components on the internet and see how long before the FBI comes knocking on your door. And how about the differences in airport security between now and pre-9/11. We are reacting to other methods of mass murder in most areas EXCEPT guns.

Iím not suggesting everyone turn in their gun(s) tomorrow. But surely there are things we can be doing that donít really infringe on the 2nd Amendment, no?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolCat View Post

You going to record the jam session?
    Nope. And posterity will thank me for it,

Thanks
    Things have changed, we need to change the way we handle things. These kids were killed with a gun legally bought by a person who was a known problem.

If your kid gets killed and you call for gun control, that doesn't make you a "libtard" it makes you a person who has suffered an immense loss and doesn't want anyone else to go through what they went through. I'm a fairly conservative person but I'm totally for changing the laws.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead1 View Post
    Things have changed, we need to change the way we handle things. These kids were killed with a gun legally bought by a person who was a known problem.
    This is exactly the point I wished to make. It's not about changing the availability of weaponry that allows us 2nd amendment freedoms. It's about changing the mindset of the people. I will always say that you can't legislate a right mind. The Church says, "You cannot legislate righeousness.", but it boils down to the same thing.
    People talk about "one more gun control law." and when that fails to stop the problem, they'll talk about one more. The current mark is "military grade weaponry". Okay, so we take that away. That is exactly what the 2nd ammendment is about. Our ability to defend our country (as militia) against enemies OR against a tyrannical government. Germany started with gun control in the 1910s...
    Give me a .300 WinMag semi automatic sighted in at 450 yards with a military grade scope and I would defend our country against foreign invaders if that need arose. I would NOT, however, go sit on top of a building and pick off innocent people. That's mindset. Take my ability to own said rifle away, and I'm stuck with bolt action hunting grade 30.06 or 270 caliber weaponry and I'll be mowed down by the first enemy combatant that has "military grade" weaponry...
    !PERSONAL OPINION ALERT! I believe that if everyone was armed, and properly educated on the safety and proper use of said arms, there would be a lot LESS gun violence and gun related crime...perhaps that's why there's so little of this sort of thing in Sweden?
    I'll just leave that with Ben Franklin. "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    Soundcloud Page
    I don't care about my ego, I care about my mixes--Just say what you mean.

Thanks
    I think the US could do a lot better on treating mental illness. The kid that did the act from what I have read had lost his dad, lost his mom a few months ago. I am sure had there been some conduit for him to be treated, it might not have happened.

Normal people just don't so that sort of thing. If the US would put more effort in to treatment, there would be a lot of positives, not just in something like this, but for homeless, drug use, etc. Seems like that area would be money well spent.
    DM60 Tunes: The Collection

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BroKen_H View Post
    This is exactly the point I wished to make. It's not about changing the availability of weaponry that allows us 2nd amendment freedoms. It's about changing the mindset of the people. I will always say that you can't legislate a right mind. The Church says, "You cannot legislate righeousness.", but it boils down to the same thing.
    People talk about "one more gun control law." and when that fails to stop the problem, they'll talk about one more. The current mark is "military grade weaponry". Okay, so we take that away. That is exactly what the 2nd ammendment is about. Our ability to defend our country (as militia) against enemies OR against a tyrannical government. Germany started with gun control in the 1910s...
    Give me a .300 WinMag semi automatic sighted in at 450 yards with a military grade scope and I would defend our country against foreign invaders if that need arose. I would NOT, however, go sit on top of a building and pick off innocent people. That's mindset. Take my ability to own said rifle away, and I'm stuck with bolt action hunting grade 30.06 or 270 caliber weaponry and I'll be mowed down by the first enemy combatant that has "military grade" weaponry...
    !PERSONAL OPINION ALERT! I believe that if everyone was armed, and properly educated on the safety and proper use of said arms, there would be a lot LESS gun violence and gun related crime...perhaps that's why there's so little of this sort of thing in Sweden?
    I'll just leave that with Ben Franklin. "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    God help us if you truly envision a day where you’ll be poking your AR-14 out your kitchen window, mowing down the Russians (Arabs, Mexicans, North Koreans?) coming up your driveway.

Sorry to say, we’ll have lost long before that.

That’ll be my last comment on this topic. Agree to disagree.

Thanks
    Music
    My damn computer that I paid big $$$$ for is on the fritz, making more frustrating is how little it has been used. I've kind of given up on recording for some time anyways and have been concentrating on playing live.

The weather
    Warm, for February. We're probably past the super cold weather, now it's a couple of months of slop to look forward to.

Today
    The obligatory cleaning of the work truck.

I may start a project. Years ago when I built my bar in the basement there was a gas meter and a pipe that ran horizontally across the wall. I built a cabinet around the meter and built a shelf over the pipe. It looked good, but the dimensions were based on the meter, not on usefulness. A couple of years ago the gas company removed the meter and pipe and replaced it with a different system that is outside. I think I may cut down the shelf so I can put a decent size TV on it. Any respectable bar has a nice TV for watching sporting events. It's un-American to not have one.

LATER!!!

Thread Information